It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dixon Relics found in North-East Scotland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The Dixon relics are three ancient artefacts discovered by Wayman Dixon in 1872 when he opened the southern shaft of the Queen's Chamber. The consisted of a stone ball, a hook and a small piece of cedar wood. The cedar was placed in a small cigar box and eventually ended up in the archives of Aberdeen University whereupon it became lost for over 100 years.

It has now been found and the wood has been radiocarbon dated to ca. 3341-3094 BCE - some 500-800 years before the time of Khufu, the supposed builder of the monument.

SC
edit on 16/12/2020 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I wonder where they were hiding all these years.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

Random objects? With no other objects in the area to provide context? From a time when people just threw trash out in the back yard?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I read the article about this earlier and I think they said towards the end,that because trees was probably very rare to them back then the wood they had they looked after and used it for many years ?a reply to: Scott Creighton

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
How do you have your own cool post symbol?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

So much of ancient Egypts history has been obfuscated I feel.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scott Creighton

It has now been found and the wood has been radiocarbon dated to ca. 3341-3094 BCE - some 500-800 years before the time of Khufu, the supposed builder of the monument.

SC

Wicked! Thank you Scott, good to see you around while I’m talkative. I have always appreciated you being here.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Reckon your right bones. Looking at those carbon dates.
a reply to: 19Bones79

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So they took a really old piece of wood and put it in their building.

If my house burnt down and 100 years later they find a piece of pottery I bought in Israel that dates to 500AD will they think my house is that old?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So they took a really old piece of wood and put it in their building.

If my house burnt down and 100 years later they find a piece of pottery I bought in Israel that dates to 500AD will they think my house is that old?

Yes mate. They will.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
I wonder where they were hiding all these years.

I don't know the story, but my guess is that they were found during the sorting-out of a neglected cupboard. "Hello? What's in this cardboard box? Is there a label somewhere?" You're in the area- any local news stories on the discovery?"

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Some additional context for the (re)discovery of these relics:

Hmm - Seems video comes back with error when I post with youtube link.

Maybe this will work: www.youtube.com...

SC
edit on 16/12/2020 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think the Piks built those things over there, from what I read, they were possibly a partying people. Sounds like those times were like the seventies around here, lots of big social events with rock and Country western bands those days. Now, you have to ask alexa to play the song and get frustrated since she can't understand you when you wear a mask. Alexa should be required to wear a mask too.
edit on 16-12-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

A long-lost Egyptian artefact has been found in a cigar box in Aberdeen - and it is hoped it could shed new light on the Great Pyramid.

The chance discovery was made by a member of staff at the University of Aberdeen during a collection review.

The small fragment of 5,000-year-old wood - which is now in several pieces - is said to be "hugely significant".

The engineer Waynman Dixon originally discovered it among items inside the pyramid's Queens Chamber in 1872.

The piece of cedar - which it is believed may have been used during the pyramid's construction - was donated to the university in 1946 but then could not be located.

Curatorial assistant Abeer Eladany found it while conducting a review of items housed in the university's Asia collection.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
In the Victorian era they had what was called "The Grand Tour" where rich people would travel far and wide and they would "collect" souvenirs of their trip. This lead to numerous artefacts being bought back to the UK and displayed in their country homes. This is how numerous ancient objects are to be found, nothing was out of bounds for these people, mummies, funary object etc. etc. The most well known is the Elgin Marbles.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scott Creighton
Some additional context for the (re)discovery of these relics:

Hmm - Seems video comes back with error when I post with youtube link.

Maybe this will work: www.youtube.com...

SC

Fixed video. Very interesting. Thanks for the update.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

t has now been found and the wood has been radiocarbon dated to ca. 3341-3094 BCE - some 500-800 years before the time of Khufu, the supposed builder of the monument.

Have you got a link for that plz. I thought one of the objects had been buried under Cleopatra's needle in london. Read that somewhere.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Thank you watched the youtube video now. Thats some find.. Might help bring an end to the era of fake history.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Howdy Scott

So how does it fit in with your earlier idea of the Pyramids being 19,000 years old?

www.google.co.uk...,000%22&pg=PT7 6&printsec=frontcover

The link only goes to the magazine itself

I would think that date will be placed with the other C-14 dates from the 1984 and 1995 testing regimes. it is customary to put all the dates from one site into an average.
edit on 17/12/20 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

So how does it fit in with your earlier idea of the Pyramids being 19,000 years old?

How ever we look at it. It shows that the current narrative of Kemetic history is a pile of crap.

Its noteworthy that Carbon dating does not date the pyramid. But it means its adleast as old as the carbon dated wood. It does not take away from any theory that it may be far older.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join