It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Haven't We Heard of this Guy???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
In April 2007 US Navy SEAL, Mike Day, along with a number of other Navy SEALS raided a building in Fallujah, Iraq. Day was the point man during the breach. When they breached the door 3 heavily armed enemy insurgents opened fire on Day and the other men at point blank range. Day was hit 27 times, 11 times in his body armor and 16 more times in his surrounding body (both arms, both legs, abdomen, buttocks and scrotum). He lived to tell his story, but shockingly that is not the most amazing part!

After Day and his team entered the room, Day was shot, the Iraqi scout behind Day was shot in the chest and retreated. The 3rd Iraqi scout behind Day was shot and killed. The fourth SEAL behind him was shot in the neck and went down. As a result of being shot Day dropped his rifle (his rifle was hit by some of the gunfire), but Day kept fighting with his pistol. He killed the first enemy insurgent, but the second one ran out into the hall with a hand grenade with the pin pulled. Day shot and killed him, and he dropped the grenade on the floor right next to day. The blast from the grenade knocked Day unconscious. After regaining consciousness, Day re-engaged the remaining enemy insurgent and killed him. After killing the last insurgent, Day then rescued 6 women and children in the building. And even after all this, it's STILL not the most miraculous part of the story!

After the firefight was over, even though he was being offered assistance, shot 27 times and being blasted with a hand grenade, Day managed to get to his feet, and walked unassisted to an awaiting helicopter where he collapsed and was flown to safety. Day later said this last act of unimaginable strength and resolve was not an act of sheer bad-assery, but rather because he was afraid if he allowed himself to be assisted it would hurt worse than it already did. So he walked to the helicopter himself!

Day was awarded the Navy Cross, two bronze stars and a purple heart. The question in my mind is...how did Day not win the Medal of Honor for this absolutely staggering and heroic action? And, why have we not heard of Senior Chief Petty Officer and US Navy SEAL, Mike Day??

And now you know...the rest of the story.

An American Hero
edit on 10/8/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This definitely needs to be upgraded to the MOH.

BTF deserves it.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Cool Story Bro

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Probably because most of that story was embellished.

When it comes to the war of terror, let alone the vast majority of our other endless wars, most have been filled with lies and deception.

Jessica Lynch comes to mind.

On April 24, 2007, she testified in front of Congress that she had never fired her weapon (her M16 rifle having jammed), and that she had been knocked unconscious when her vehicle crashed.[1]

Lynch has been outspoken in her criticism of the original stories reported regarding her combat experience.

When asked about her heroine status, she stated "That wasn't me. I'm not about to take credit for something I didn't do ... I'm just a survivor."[2]

Also reminds me of Chris Kyle's lie regarding Governor Ventura.

Why Jesse Ventura is likely to collect millions from Chris Kyle’s American Sniper.

Kyle describes beating up a former Navy SEAL (“Scruff Face”).

Kyle admitted that “Scruff Face” was Ventura, and he repeated the claim soon after on The O’Reilly Factor.

American Sniper shot to the top of Amazon’s best-seller list.

There was, however, a problem: The Ventura story wasn’t true, and Ventura meant to prove it.

On July 29, 2014, a federal jury returned from six days of deliberations to award Ventura $1.845 million in damages—specifically, $500,000 for defamation and about $1.345 million for unjust enrichment.

How would I know which aspect of that story is a lie and which aspect is truthful?

The entire story sounds fake.

I'm making the simple point that theres tons of propaganda and lies when it comes to our endless wars and then I provided a couple of examples, although we both know theres no shortage of examples.

How long before the book and movie deal.

edit on 8-10-2020 by gladtobehere because: tytpo

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I agree.

I've read that the reason he wasn't awarded the MOH was that there weren't enough witnesses, but I would think the 16 holes in his body, broken ribs from the other 11 shots and the rescued Iraqi women should serve as testimony enough! Not to mention the fact that much of the rest of his team and witnesses were killed.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

It's much more than just a "story".

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Well, please, be my guest and point out the lies and deception in this story!

I won't hold my breath.

edit on 10/8/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

It reminds me of Marcus Lattrell, he went through the same kind of thing.
Its a true story and even though they made a movie about him, they tried to keep it as real as it was.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=25468427]DrumsRfun[/post

Lattrell's story is incredulous beyond description as well. In fact, prior to hearing about Day I had thought something like what Lattrell endured would never be paralleled.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I'm glad I know of him now and thank you for that Fly.

I often don't understand the way or whys about how military does things.
People like Mike Day I would pay to have dinner with more than any icon
politician or celebrity. Even if just a non personal expensive fund raiser
with many other patrons. Because that would be an honor for me and
that's something for which he needs no medal.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: [post=25468427]DrumsRfun[/post

Lattrell's story is incredulous beyond description as well. In fact, prior to hearing about Day I had thought something like what Lattrell endured would never be paralleled.

I read Luttrell's book, but never saw the movie. Really wish they'd cast someone other than Marky Mark Whalberg in that role, I mean Luttrell is a very large person in real life (6'4-6'5"), and Marky Mark is .... not. IDK why odd things like that dissuade me from watching movies, but such is life.

OP from your link:

“People hear about my story and they can’t believe it. I was there and I can’t believe it,” Day said. “I got shot 27 times – 16 in the body and 11 times in my body armor. ”

“I was shot in both legs, both arms, my left thumb was almost amputated, I was shot in the abdomen and had a colostomy bag for a year, my right scapula was shattered, I was shot twice in the buttocks, once in the scrotum and my body armor was hit multiple times which caused fractured ribs and contusions on my lungs.”

o_O

Even that rounds that got stopped by his armor beat him up pretty good. He's one brave and tough dude.

That's an amazing story, thanks for sharing.
edit on 8-10-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Did you really just use an unrelated story to cast doubt on a different story that is totally unconnected?

I'm sure somewhere in your mind that was a logical thing to do.

It wasn't.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Probably because most of that story was embellished.

When it comes to the war of terror, let alone the vast majority of our other endless wars, most have been filled with lies and deception.

Jessica Lynch comes to mind.

Let me stop you right there.

Comparing a SEAL to Jessica Lynch is laughable. No disrespect to Ms. Lynch, I'll give her credit for bravery, and I support her in her effort to set the record straight, but she was ridding on a convoy and happened to be wrong place/wrong time. This guy was busting down the bad guys' front door. His account mentions very precise details about the wounds he sustained (who would lie about being shot in the scrotum??).

I choose to believe it, and keep in mind that while Ms. Lynch was a soldier too, she wasn't leading door breaches into Al-Qaeda's lair.

Not really an apt comparison IMO.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

"...beat him up pretty good.", is an understatement. They hit him so hard they broke several of his ribs. Having had numerous broken ribs myself, I can say from experience it is an extremely painful experience! Every breath is agony. Day said it felt like someone was beating him with a sledge hammer. And then there's the gunshot wounds. I can't even imagine!

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Exactly!

Not to mention the fact that Lynch's story was fabricated by others while she was in captivity, not by Lynch herself. In fact, she has been very critical of those stories.

Day, on the other hand, is telling his story himself. How much you want to bet that member gladtobehere wouldn't be nearly so brave to say what he posted here to US Navy SEAL, Mike Day's face!!

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

If anything his story was played down. I've heard it from two separate sources, one of whom served with Senior Chief Day after it happened. The timing was bad to try to get him the MOH. The 2008 elections were ramping up and the politicians were trying to down play the war.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Going out to check baddassoftheweek to see if this person is there
If not , they damn sure should be .

ETA : forgot their server went down , and they are piecing the archives back together,
edit on 10/8/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

To your edits:

He's already written a book; it's entitled "Perfectly Wounded" (circa 2020) with a Forward by US Navy Admiral William McRaven and Robert Vera.

Just go to Google and type in "Mike Day, SEAL" and see what comes up. I don't think you'd be calling this guy a fake to his face!

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It's the shots to the nuts that does it for me. You could shoot me, stab me damn near anywhere, and I'd be able to deal with it. But taking rounds to the boys? That would take a while to get over.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The only easy day was yesterday. Do not mess with these guys. They earned the reputation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join