It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else lost their job due to the Coronavirus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I was talking to a waiter last night. Said that was the last night they would be serving. Said he was starting a new job today delivering groceries and stocking shelves. Even on the local evening news, the grocery managers were saying they were begging for workers. He could have sat around but this kid did something about it was my point. The pizza delivery shops are also booming.

There is still work out there. It might not pay as much but better than nothing.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Ummm...I was laid off...yesterday...

Then My boss called me two hours later and rehired me back...

True story...

Sorry to hear about your circumstance...I think I read in another thread how you have a new Travel business...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Lost job today of over 20 years as well due to Corona....

Still have yet to know anyone that knows anyone that is sick in Minnesota.

Lolz🤪
edit on 17-3-2020 by Scepticaldem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I'm sure there are plenty of openings in hospital janitorial services...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Cool story. Your area is not everywhere, so your anecdote is meaningless to other places, especially smaller ones.

originally posted by: Scepticaldem
Lost job today of over 20 years as well due to Corona....

Still have yet to know anyone that knows anyone that is sick in Minnesota.

Lolz🤪

Me neither, and my relatives & friends are all over the country from coast to coast & border to border. Nobody knows anyone who's had this. That's a lot of people still doing just fine.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I am truly sorry for anyone who has lost a job through this COVID scenario.

For those of us that don't live day to day, week to week or check to check it's easy to forget what a terrible variable this is for those that do (Not saying the OP does).

Oddly enough I am currently in an industry , video games, that has seen a substantial uptick in players once things started shutting down so it allows those of us in that industry at the big established studios to more focus on the virus as a health issue vs a health + job issue.

I'm just a random dude on a conspiracy forum but if anyone needs to vent I am more then welcome to listen .

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm anticipating it in the near future.

I work as a brewer. The profit margins in brewing are already thin. I can't imagine staying afloat after a month or more of being closed.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do if I lose my job. Obviously nobody is going to be hiring while this whole crisis is going on. My wife and I bought our first house six months ago.

If the government doesn't do something to help those businesses that are now suddenly going under and the people now out of work we're going to see a spike in homelessness. Which will just make this whole thing worse.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

We are taking a beating right now. Other words, doesn't look good.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

When we get thru this a bunch of things will change , I hope it will be positive . We do need each other , we have to learn to get along . Business and Government will have to change because of what we learn from this .

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Amazon is hiring .

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I think what’s disgusting me recently, is there seems to be no remorse or empathy coming from the top, in this situation. Yes, they have empathy for the airlines. Where is the fu##ing empathy for the common person affected by this. Your $1000 doesn’t mean sh!t!

I realized that in 2008. So many people lost their houses and banks would rather a house sit empty and literally get destroyed by mold and time then to let people live in them. Fend for yourself my friend. I hope you can rebuild and add another notch to your business lessons learned. I know it is hard to be hopeful now but just look at how many times our president filed bankruptcy....(not a jab at him, just an example)

Love your post, Jag.

Yes, I was a realtor when the 08 crash happened. So I went into property preservation (foreclosures) thereafter.

I personally witnessed thousands of people being harassed to move out of their home. Once they finally complied, the banks let the houses go into massive disrepair. In some cases, a perfectly nice 400k home, had to be bulldozed.

I spent from 08’ to 2012 cleaning up that mess. It was very sad.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Losing a job is part of life. I've lost jobs, been fired. Big deal. Go get another one. The bigger problem is people thinking they are too good for certain jobs. Screw that. Go get a job as soon as possible.

Holding out for something better is usually not a good idea. Who really wants to hire somebody sitting around for 8 months. I wouldn't. If they worked at a car wash or delivered pizzas I would be more inclined to hire them for the better job. Getting a holdover job can also lead to networking for a better one. I had that happen once. Told me I was a hard worker and wanted me to go work for them. Eventually I surpassed all those jobs being relentless about circumstances I wanted. Go get a job and there is no time to feel sorry for yourself.

Yes, I delivered pizza for a couple weeks 6 years ago. I’m no stranger to doing what it takes to survive.

I honestly didn’t lose a job though. I lost my biz — which is already leveraged to the hilt.

When you lose a job, usually unemployment wages follow. There will be none of that for me. One of the many issues of being self employed.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a rensolidate your dply to: KKLOCO

Contact the small business administration they will offer low interest loans to businesses damaged by the coronavirus. This may be a great opportunity to consolidate your debt. And I suspect the economy will come roaring back since people wil be given thousands they would not have had you will just have to make it through 4 to 6 weeks. They can have cash to you in as little as 36 hrs.

www.sba.gov...
edit on 3/17/20 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sister lost her job to it. She delivers supplies to schools, and with the schools closing for the rest of year in the state of Kansas ... guess where her job went.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Amazon is hiring .

My Sister gave me this same advice today. It’s excellent advice. It won’t cover my bills, but it could helps supplement the important ones.

Bro, I’m totally willing to deliver goods. I’ve been at the bottom twice before. Hopefully, 3rd times the charm...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Yes...we can talk about job losses, but it's because many small business cannot withstand this loss of business and won't be able to reopen their doors.

We need to give as much relief as we can to small business owners...so they can keep paying wages. I'm not a small business owner, but I do know that we cannot let them bear the brunt of this economic disaster.

Giving everyone $1000+ dollars will likely have little affect on the loss of jobs.

I'd love $1000+ to come in the mail. But I can make do for now and we live pretty much paycheck to paycheck.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Really feel for you mate.

I think this is going to hit a lot of small businesses and a heck of a lot of people are going to be out of work.
I have no idea how people are going to manage.

I was in the process of starting up a new small business but have put it on hold indefinitely.

I'm fortunate that the wife works full time and I have a bit of money coming in from other sources.
I have no mortgage to worry about and my cars are paid for.

A lot of my family and friends aren't quite so lucky and I know many are very worried about how they will survive; can they pay the mortgage and feed their family?
It must be one hell of a worry.........

I sincerely hope that those in positions to help people do so and that the authorities are preparing help programmes for all those adversely affected by this outbreak.

I hope you come out the other side ok and any future venture proves to be a roaring success.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Kiddo's martial arts school is open tonight, so we're taking him to practice for a couple reasons.

1. His small world is turned upside down at present, and he needs the normalcy.

2. We're all healthy.

3. Small business with a really super instructor.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
I’ve lost my business already, due to the virus. Took me almost 5 years to build it up. Just expanded it a month and a half ago (mega bills). Everything was going excellent. Until this virus came along. Literally, since a week ago, it hit a wall. Everyone is canceling their bookings — seeking full refunds. Haven’t had one single call for a new booking in 10 days. I usually get 3-5 a day.

40 years old and it looks like I’m moving in with dad 115 miles away. Thankfully, I had some equity in one of my vehicles. Refinanced that so I can live off it for a couple months. Still not enough to pay the bills, though.

I knew my biz would struggle in a slow economy. Also knew I could weather that storm, if it ever came. However, this isn’t slow. It’s non existent.

How is the rest of ATS fairing?

Many of us in business are nervous. One of my Customers has closed 3 of his restaurants, then in turn stoped work on a new one that we are building. I don’t blame him, But it shakes me up. The phone has just about stopped ringing at the shop. Rough times are here.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Was talking about it with my PT today. They're doing what they can to minimize the patients they have to have even though it hurts their bottom line. They've been telling people to postpone elective surgeries, etc., because they don't want to be sick while recovering/pick something up at the hospital they don't have to.

And they've tried putting measures in place where they're working as hands off as possible, but with some of their clients, they just can't because it isn't possible to ethically do their job and not be hands on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join