It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls for 'war'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Not funny when you see them shaking on your street corner.

I laughed because there are no proven cases of weed addiction (but dependency is a different issue).

To my knowledge, there is no deaths reported with unadulterated weed.

Sugar is more addictive and harmful... That's why I find it silly when people talk about weed as if it kills or creates junkies.

If you want to be honest and say it could effect people's motivation levels and Taco Bell consumption... I'd agree with you. But when you use hyperbole, forgive me when I find humor in such claims.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: ChefFox
Weed junkies..

Oh weed junkies is what some are offended still? i should probably use the correct term then. "Drug Addicts"

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: StallionDuck

Legalizing weed isn't the answer. That's a silly, mindless answer.

There is no end all be all answer or solution.

But legalization delivers a blow without spending money, but rather inversely making it.

You can bomb all the cartels you want, and new ones will pop up. It's been proven, and again, this is a war that's been waged for decades.

Mexico, and their people have to want to fix their problems. We cannot do it for them. When's the last time US intervention/regime change has been A-successful, B-efficient, C-beneficial?

You quoted my point but you didn't look at my solutions? The same post doesn't show a single solution. It lays out multiple solutions that need to be done together. If you pop a pimple, one may or may not grow back but to make sure there is a greater chance of it not returning, you need to apply a solution when needed, keep the area clean, avoice dirt and grime when possible and support a healthy diet.

So would you say it's easier or better... to just ignore them and legalize weed across our country? Do you really think this is why cartels are killing innocent people? ...over weed? Seriously? Weed?

You know that anyone in Colorado and other states can not only grow their own but can buy what they want right here in the US, right?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I'm not convinced that this attack was drug cartel related.

These people were a polygamist religious group, separate from the Church of Later Day Saints. It could have been a hate crime because of the polygamy.

Wouldn't a cartel kidnap with young women and children, maybe for ransom, maybe for trafficking?

No, I would put money on a cartel..they just randomly kill, in horrible ways..to remind tptb/local authorities/citizens. Not to get in the way. It's terrible, but they are too fluid and spread out to effectively knock them all out at once.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I've wondered why we hadn't done anything about this sooner

Because most people realize this isn’t a problem you can fight or arrest your way out of. If your goal is to make the southern border more dangerous than it already is and have more people killed then going to war with the drug cartels is a great idea.

I really hope this is just small-hand energy Trump trying to talk like a badass and not a serious idea he’s having. Someone needs to tell him the world doesn’t work like an 80’s action movie.
edit on 5-11-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: ChefFox
Weed junkies..

Oh weed junkies is what some are offended still? i should probably use the correct term then. "Drug Addicts"

You can't eliminate it..only put resources there to help.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Going to war with the cartels would turn Mexico into the new Iraq. A literal hellhole, it would turn that place upside down because so many of its citizens are in the drug game.
Soldiers of fortune would flock from south America and central America paid off by cartels, they have skin in the game too.

Cartels? Seriously? They're not a mass religion. They are gangs in very specific territories with a visible stronghold that can be taken out. You don't have to kill every single minion. You just take out the base of operations and keep doing it as they form. They aren't hiding in the mountains. They need an actual place to grow and harvest their drugs. Doing nothing at all will just allow this to continue while more people around the world continue to die from O.D.s from the drugs those guys are exporting like sugar!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Can we just stop talking about Weed and start dropping MOABs on Cartels???

We should totally create "Groups" of volunteers, equip them and let them loose into Mexico, $100 bucks a Cartel head.

Kinda like the Alpha Groups did during the prologue to World War Z.

Either way, as an American, I get extremely agitated and triggered when fellow Americans, especially small baby children are killed by foriegners.

I say, kill'em all!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You quoted my point but you didn't look at my solutions?

I did look at them, and responded.

You essentially proposed intervention along with regime change in a sovereign nation, hardly a new idea in US foreign policy.

My response-

Mexico, and their people have to want to fix their problems. We cannot do it for them. When's the last time US intervention/regime change has been A-successful, B-efficient, C-beneficial?

It would cost a lot of money, and send even more refugees towards the US, further exacerbating an already existing problem.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Maybe start with
1. Secure our border.
2. Start Putting Pressure on the banking industry that supports drug dealers
3. Start Treating Cartel leaders like ISIS leaders

There is no special magic formula to fixing our problems it just takes the will to do it.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

To bad trump is a republican and a christian so that will never happen.

Am I being sarcastic? I can't tell.

Doing this would be a much better move than sending my nephew to die in mexico in a war that will never end.

Do we really want to turn mexico into the new middle east?
Even with a wall. Even with our entire military. It would be impossible to defend the 2000 mile long (3218 km) southern border.
Those cartel guys would be all over our country getting revenge. The war would be fought with them on our streets.

Is that what any one wants?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

We should totally create "Groups" of volunteers, equip them and let them loose into Mexico, $100 bucks a Cartel head.

Sounds like our plan in the Middle East to use "good guys" to kill "bad guys". When has that worked?

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I've wondered why we hadn't done anything about this sooner

Because most people realize this isn’t a problem you can fight or arrest your way out of. If your goal is to make the southern border more dangerous than it already is and have more people killed then going to war with the drug cartels is a great idea.

I really hope this is just small-hand energy Trump trying to talk like a badass and not a serious idea he’s having. Someone needs to tell him the world doesn’t work like an 80’s action movie.
Small hand? American children were killed and an American President spoke up for them.

Someone needs to tell you that inaction creates more violence and embodens criminals.

I say, go in and absolutely destory, if murders are happening on a daily basis, do nothing! Said the Leftist Underwerks.

link   
a reply to: vonclod

These so called "resources" arent helping the addicts. Its almost like on propose that they don't want help them. While some that i had witnessed are just walking on the streets confused and shaking their bodies due to the stuff.

link   

You essentially proposed intervention along with regime change in a sovereign nation, hardly a new idea in US foreign policy.

Yep, in the long run..it works zero % of the time.

link   
/sigh

A metaphor ...

Last week: "You don't like that Trump abandoned the Kurds! Dem warmongers! President Trump is trying to bring our troops home and all you want is WAR!"

This week: "NUKE MEXICO! Send in the Marines!!!!"

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Cartels are not terrorists this isn't the middle east though.

link   

This is where I disagree with you.

You are proposing nation building. Screw that.

Destroying the cartels should be quick brutal and dirty. They are terrorists plain and simple. Destroy them with every weapon in our arsenal and if they rear their head again wipe them out again.

link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

LOL.

Spoken like someone who truly has no clue what a "volley of strategic missiles," is.

Or, what that would mean for my sons.

Volley = a number of bullets, arrows, or other projectiles discharged at one time.

13Bravo

I know quite well what a volley of strategic middles are.

What part of my response shows that I "truly have no clue a what volley of strategic missiles are"? re-reading your response over and over again, I can't for the life of me make any sense of your response.

Your sons? What about your sons?

All that response and no explanations... weird. Do YOU know what you're talking about?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Can't legalize those

Why not?

Legalize it all.

Only smart move .
Only move that values true freedom.
Only move that brings america profits.
Only move that stops the cartels without an endless war.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join