It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typhoon Hagibis swept away Fukushima nuclear decontamination waste bags into river

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just when you (I) thought this couldn't get any worse - it does - but with the strength of Hagibis? It could have been much worse.

The historic rainfall from Typhoon Hagibis that spawned widespread devastating flooding over the weekend in Japan caused several bags that had decontaminated waste from the Fukushima nuclear disaster to be swept into a river, according to officials.
news link

Out of over 2500 bags - 6 were found after a 'number' of bags floated downriver.

Fukushima... Almost makes me believe in Wormwood. Almost.

peace

edit on 1031Wednesday201913 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I was reading about this topic in this morning's news.

Always wondered, especially of a nation so interested in seafood, seafaring and catches.

Why didn't common sense arise to think "We could net these down"...but hey..

mg

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I wonder why nobody thought about the "Weather" ? 😀

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Maybe the radiation would melt the netting?
Still, out of sight, out of mind. I think they have a lot to learn about nuclear power and the consequences thereof and like many nations before them they are going to learn the hard way. I think the Dutch have dabbled in it (I'm not Dutch so am only vaguely familiar with their history) and the Belgians have to keep shutting down one of their reactors regularly for some reason or other.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

Always wondered, especially of a nation so interested in seafood, seafaring and catches.

mg

Take a peak at the salmon industry in the Pacific North West... And the dying off of the whales, and Killer whales. It's devastating. You couldn't get me to eat anything out of those waters.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You want Gargantuas? This is how you get Gargantuas.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Can they nuke under the plant with a H-bomb then cap it by tunneling underneath it then erecting a dome or submerge it

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
Can they nuke under the plant with a H-bomb then cap it by tunneling underneath it then erecting a dome or submerge it

I don't know if it would work, but it would sure be dramatic. Like digging a big hole and letting everything fall into it. It would be just their luck though if the nuke hit a dense reflective zone in the crust and the whole thing blew sky high.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Surely an accident, OOPSIEDAISY,

Well, now we do not have to figure out where to store this (SNIP).

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So, if you find a bag full of interesting stuff in California next spring, do not open it, do not pick up things on the beach unless you have a geiger counter.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yeah, it could have been much worse, the six bags left could have also gone down river.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

What could go wrong with building Nuke plants on fault lines

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Hard to find a place that doesn't have a fault line these days. I'm still waiting to see of China ever comes up with a solar microwave satellite that beams power down to a collector in the desert. That seems pretty efficient to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, if you find a bag full of interesting stuff in California next spring, do not open it, do not pick up things on the beach unless you have a geiger counter.

After I found that human head, I leave random bags on the beach alone.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Hard to find a place that doesn't have a fault line these days. I'm still waiting to see of China ever comes up with a solar microwave satellite that beams power down to a collector in the desert. That seems pretty efficient to me.

jamesbond.fandom.com...(Christopher_Lee)

Shaken not stirred

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Surely an accident, OOPSIEDAISY,

Well, now we do not have to figure out where to store this (SNIP).

That was my exact thought, accidentally on purpose, I mean who stores nuclear waste in black bin liners?.

You know the Japanese have plenty of underground space that they could have stored it, a lot of that space though is used for there Self Defence force and houses thing's that they are not supposed to have but will really need if the SHTF (the us of course knows as it is probably with there blessing).

But a tiny bit of imagination, and let's be fair the Jap's are very clever people if they turn there mind to it, then they could have dumped that stuff into one of there underground shelter's preferably an earthquake proof one and lined with led sheeting.

What they do not seem to have grasped yet is as bad as the after affects of the two nuke's that were dropped on Japan at the end of WW2 were the long term affects of this power plant melt down are going to be far worse especially with there quite poor response to the situation - still at least they handled it a bit better and more humanely than the soviets did Chernobyl sending people who knew they were going to die to there death's but still given the lesson's learned at Chernobyl we would still have expected the Jap's to know better.

But as you say, it is awfully convenient that the storm has washed a lot of there bag's away for them as I suspect someone was probably going to just dump them in the dead of night into the dragon's triangle or somewhere off the side of a barge.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

let me see if I understand the situation....

Several bags of "decontaminated" waste swept into the river?

So bags of non contaminated waste?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Unbelievable. The place is literally sitting on the seashore, and there's not even some cheap snow fences to keep thousands of bags of radioactive waste from being washed out to sea.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

"Japs" is an ethnic slur so you probably shouldn't use it.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

let me see if I understand the situation....

Several bags of "decontaminated" waste swept into the river?

So bags of non contaminated waste?

There's different of levels of "decontaminated." I suspect -- quite strongly -- that in this case they mean "not too radioactive."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join