It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just read the most INCREDIBLE thing!!!! Absolutely unreal!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
THANK YOU for posting this thread. As a retired veteran I have the UTMOST respect for members of the GREATEST GENERATION. You have the makings of a best selling story if you can find someone to help you develop it. Even if you don't want to profit from the story, just think of the good you could do for legitimate veterans groups. God Bless you and your family! You can contact me if this is something you are interested in pursing. [[email protected]]

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Fantastic that your fathers words are proven by the scrap book and hammers home your belief as him as a hero!

totally epic !

I would keep the book yourself and then get it made into a book !

if you gift it to the smithsonian it'd be cool , but its your personal property!

As for the old newspapers , when I moved to my new house in the southside glasgow the houses were built in 1923 , and the lining under the carpets were papers from 1940 - 1943 from the Glasgow Herald , loads of stories about the nazis and shot down planes , sunken ships , raids !

Pretty cool to see that snap shot back in time !

Good luck with your dads awesome collection ! I hope it brings more joy and pleasure to you

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Scan each page and upload to Ats that would be a monumental thread

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
My first thought would be. Do you want to keep the tomes private? Or do you want the public to see what a legend your dad was? If you choose public, contact a museum like Smithsonian, or the Army. They would be happy to accept historical information as a gift.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: shambles84

Unfortunately, the pages are too large to scan. They're all about ~11x14. Plus there's envelopes pasted on the pages with multi-page letters and documents in them. This isn't like your average 'photo' album, it's like a gold mine of all sorts of stuff.

It's about 4" thick. It would take months to even photograph it all properly.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

God Bless You

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

You should put this all on a website, for the entire family to share and enjoy.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Wow! It's definiely a historical tresure. You might share it one day. Or print a book.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Write a biography about him. I mean, I realize that it may not be complete, but I am sure you have enough personal knowledge of him that would enable you to do so. Just an idea.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Your story is very inspiring and makes us feel happy for you and that your father lived to tell you these adventures.

And it turned out he was absolutely truthful not embellishing.

A great story would make a great movie.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just an idea - if you have a nice big wall(s) in your house you could consider doing something like this:

Install a cork wall over the entire surface of the wall and pin the content on the wall. Once done get a professional photographer to take high-resolution images and if needed in such a way that each photographed section can be stitched together to create one seamless image (in super high-resolution) - which can be embedded on a website that allows viewers to zoom in and view each individual element in great detail. A bit like those high-res Mars images.

Just an idea. But in any case thanks for sharing your find - it really is incredible!
edit on 12/5/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
As Americans stop and remember the brave men and women who have risked their lives for the United States of America, As Dwight Eisenhower said:

"...it is well for us to pause, to acknowledge our debt to those who paid so large a share of freedom's price. As we stand here in grateful remembrance of the veterans' contributions we renew our conviction of individual responsibility to live in ways that support the eternal truths upon which our Nation is founded, and from which flows all its strength and all its greatness."

Your Fathers heroic poise continues through your sharing this to remind not only the younger generations but all Americans of their duty towards their country and to inspire all to uphold the tradition of liberty, fraternity, and equality.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

There wasn't anything wrong with the JUGS. It was their knuckleheaded General Officer who didn't want the paperwork involved with fitting drop tanks onto them to increase their range. The Brits even offered them as freebies, but no! With drop tanks there's only about 300-400 miles difference in range between the P 47 and the P 51, Flying Gas Tank. One German round through the liquid cooled Merlin's cooling system, and it was one less Mustang. The big aircooled Radial on the JUG, just snapped off a fin, and it kept right on going.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It seems there are many who would like to share in this bit of history, FCD. It is, of course, your personal history and yours to share or not. You already have an offer to publish too.

What occurred to me as I was reading your opening post is that such a treasure trove of documentation and artifacts would make a wonderful exhibit. If you could find someone or some group with which to work in collaboration, you might could even get a permanent exhibit along the lines of these:

www.cherokeeheritage.org...

www.google.com... bih=898

I'm thrilled for your deeply personal, historically relevant find and wish you all the best, no matter what you decide to do with it.
edit on 8-7-2018 by whitewave because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join