It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Forced To Evacuate Iraq After Telling The Chilling Truth About Trump’s Travel Ban

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That seems a pretty good story to support the travel ban. E.g. you and I cant just go to Iran. But I think most Americans would be cordial or friendly if they came across an Iranian here. And even the staunchest anti Iranians would do no more than be rude probably.

There is a real disconnect in America about how different the cultures are in some / most of these middle eastern states. I think Trump approached it poorly, causing more problems, but his premise was correct.

However I very much disagree with his take on Mexican immigration. Some on policy and some on his bombastic approach. (Though im all for quickly deporting violent offenders, and maybe those that drive without insurance)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
An American walking down the street of a nation that we bombed to hell and back might be killed while walking down the street. What a shock. Just more fear the Muslim propaganda. It should work well with the simple minded.

Right that is the missing part of the op.

We invaded their country based on lies, for ulterior motive, caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians, and now this idiot marine is surprised they hate us?

Also, even if it is true as he says about Iraqis, that doesn't mean that's true for the other six countries.

Moreover, doesn't sound like a very scientific poll of Iraqi sentiments.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
That seems a pretty good story to support the travel ban. E.g. you and I cant just go to Iran. But I think most Americans would be cordial or friendly if they came across an Iranian here. And even the staunchest anti Iranians would do no more than be rude probably.

There is a real disconnect in America about how different the cultures are in some / most of these middle eastern states. I think Trump approached it poorly, causing more problems, but his premise was correct.

However I very much disagree with his take on Mexican immigration. Some on policy and some on his bombastic approach. (Though im all for quickly deporting violent offenders, and maybe those that drive without insurance)

Actually you can just go to Iran, and people including Americans do all of the time. I have friends that have..

When it comes to Iran, the US is the aggressor, not the opposite. The Irani people are quite friendly.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

An American walking down the street of a nation that we bombed to hell and back might be killed while walking down the street. What a shock. Just more fear the Muslim propaganda. It should work well with the simple minded.

Right that is the missing part of the op.

We invaded their country based on lies, for ulterior motive, caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians, and now this idiot marine is surprised they hate us?

Also, even if it is true as he says about Iraqis, that doesn't mean that's true for the other six countries.

Moreover, doesn't sound like a very scientific poll of Iraqi sentiments.

First off Obama bombed at least five of the seven, so I would think that they wouldn't care for us.

And it may not be scientific, but you admit it would make sense that they would hate us.

And I agree for the most part that the US was the aggressor in these situations.

But whats done is done, and so she we now suicidally import people we know hate us?

And on a side note, don't you find it funny that all of these people all over the world protesting trump for being a monster for wanting to temporarily halt travel from these countries were silent when Obama was bombing them.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: Willtell

so you admit that someone from a country the US has bombed/invaded is likely to hate american people.

Let's take a carload of them and put them bunking in your living room. Your SJW aura will protect you.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Good thing he made it back safe and sound to the comforting wood paneling of his mom's basement.

You do what, again?? Service members don't live with their parents. Claiming they do is what I'd expect to hear from some elitist snob, whose parents paid for everything, and who would run and scream in the face of any actual threat. Do you throw things at returning military people at airports, too?? Or are you too busy protesting for terrorists, er, "refugees"?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Then lock the goddamned refugees in the Pentagon and UN headquarters where they only pose a danger to those who actually made the decisions and dropped the bombs. Leave the rest of us the hell out of this idiotic game of Russian Roulette intended purely to pander to the Kept Voters base.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
So, they are proving the whole point of why it is good to ban their entry. This only confirms Trump did the right thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingMonkeyInSpace
Ugh, would have been nice if he recorded his convo with the Iraqis. At least then I wouldn't have to take this with a grain of salt...

I don't think the conversation actually happened because in more than an hour, he was still alive and apparently free enough to fly out of there. If what he said was exact, he would have been captured, tortured and we would have seen the video proof from them, not him.

I suppose he may be speaking from what he hears around there but not from direct contact.

I could be wrong but I'm just going by what he said would've happened.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I agree that bombing a nation to hell will cause the population to want to kill you. But using that as a justification to let those people into your country to kill innocent civilians is beyond simple minded.

Now, if they were let in to kill only those who gave the orders for the bombing of Iraqi civilians, then that would be a different story. Problem is the world doesn't work that way.

Trump has said over and over again that we shouldn't be in the Middle East bombing the hell out of those countries. He does, however, want to work with the Russians to get rid of ISIS (which was armed and funded by the US and some of its allies). That seems to me like a valid strategy since, as soon as they got involved, Russia started actually getting results.

Trump's ban on Muslims is to avoid blowback from actions taken by the Bush and Obama administrations. He is willing to clean up a mess that he didn't create. If people don't like the actions necessary towards that end, they should be blaming the previous administrations.

soulwaxer
edit on 10-2-2017 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

You see this is a guy that probably works for Blackwater or some such ilk. He is no longer a marine. There is no moral high ground, no fighting valiantly for his country. The best that any of the Middle East wars could be classified as would be revenge killing for 911. "Supposedly carried out by Saudis."

As a matter of fact every single US service man/woman who served over there must feeling like a used corporate thug sent to kill brown people in the desert over oil and geopolitical chess.

So enact whatever ban you want it will not stop the 30 or so million people who have had family members killed or who have been displaced by wars fought for corporate interests. It will not stop these people from wanting to kill Americans nor should it.

If it were all happening on this side of the pond you would be hard pressed to find a single American who didn't want every last one of the F&@K3R$ dead.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

As you can see,Liberals lack in common sense,it could be raining,and they would question why someone was carrying an umbrella,

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
So its perfectly acceptable for "them" to hate & despise all Americans to the point of murder but absolutely wrong for us to dislike or even comment against all muslims? They get their actions or proposed actions defended whilst we are attacked for even suggesting Muslims may pose a threat?

In the current climate, we don't have the luxury of picking and choosing from the Muslim community....we haven't the time to say "Oh ok he's a nice Muslim...he's not" so yes just like WWII and the Japanese, until this madness is somehow sorted ALL muslims should be viewed with suspicion until proven otherwise. This is NOT our fault but bending over backwards to be oh so liberal and accommodating is ludicrous when safety is a major concern. Bombing their country or not, Muslims have been a threat to the West for a very very long time and there is no way that I can see to distinguish between the good & the bad at the moment

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

My "simple mind" is having a hard time grasping what you are eluding to. Please do elaborate...
Because it actually sounds like you somehow think a fellow American deserves this kind of thing.

If Russia invaded the USA and occupied it......what would you do to a Russian solder walking around?

If you invade and destroy the country they are hardly going to welcome you with open arms?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

My "simple mind" is having a hard time grasping what you are eluding to. Please do elaborate...
Because it actually sounds like you somehow think a fellow American deserves this kind of thing.

If Russia invaded the USA and occupied it......what would you do to a Russian solder walking around?

If you invade and destroy the country they are hardly going to welcome you with open arms?

You make a solid case for the argument that says, "Kill them all ... and let God sort it out."

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I have lived in a Muslim country....Oman....my father worked and lived there for 22 years

He won't say a bad word against the Omanis...you would be welcomed into there homes, and they see it has a honour to share what they have with you.

But....if you want to practice your religion and if that religion is not Muslim.....you would need to carry your beliefs in a quiet way....not exactly in secrecy....but you are not allowed to practice it openly.

Now for all those ex-pats who did follow their religious practices....this wasn't a real problem...all ex-pats understood that we were "guests" in someone else's country.

I know others will say "it's a pity that Muslims who come to a country that is not predominantly Muslim, why do they insist on changing that country to suit their faith?"

We in the west live in a society that was won to give all free thinking, and to honour another's beliefs and rights.

Personally.....I believe the most important thing any single person can do/ think is " it's not important what another person does or says. What is important is what I do or say. Think! Do not react!"

Before anyone thinks I am a sort of liberal sitting on the left side....you couldn't be further from the truth.....this "Call Sign" doesn't turn the other cheek.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

And you can bet your ass that we wouldn't get a nice invite to move there either.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

You make a solid case for the argument that says, "Kill them all ... and let God sort it out."

More a case of keep the # out of other peoples countrys and if you do invade dont let the pissed of population into your country!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I know that guy! He was one of my Drill Instructors...small world.

Small world indeed!

I didn't even know he was from my hometown until a few days ago as I was away in college by the time he got to HS. But as I said, I do know some people whom I trust that do know him and they're the ones that told me.

Where did you complete Basic - Pariss Island or San Diego?

My father had a few great stories about Parris Island...sounds like the perfect place to train a Marine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join