It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyes Wide Shut, Scientology, & Vivian Kubrick - The Conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Excellent job so far. I'm anxious to hear the rest

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
ColdWisdom, you are brilliant!

Thank you for sharing.

Love, Lou.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I love how ATS seems to sometimes be a fountain of synchronicity. Because i have been watching the Lehna Remini Scientology show on A&E I have been in a mind state that has me contemplating that cult and its foundations as a whole. I of course knew of Hubbard and Parsons and their interactions but as I began to think on the matter I recalled Eyes Wide Shut and did some google searching on it about three weeks ago. I have not seen the film in years (probably when it originally came out of VHS) so I have been meaning to watch it again when I get some time. Now I find this wonderful gem of a thread that seems like it is leading down a path I have already contemplated. I did NOT know that Kubricks daughter was in the church and that adds an even greater twist to the whole story. Cant wait to read what you have done and continue the conversation. I will save further comments until you post it all as I do not want to get things too far ahead.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
nearly all pagan sun gods from around the world were born on December 25th. Historically, Christmas has been about sun worship.

To the notion of Zoroaster's birth, I don't believe he was born in December. Are they perhaps mistaking birth with the festival of his death in December? He was also not a god whatsoever.
The same goes for Tammuz - I recall nothing of a December birth? In fact, was he not reborn in the summertime? And he was likewise not a sun god, but of agriculture.

Good writeup though. I missed the naval officer connection to Hubbard. I particularly like Vigilant Citizen's writeup as well.

a reply to: 3n19m470

Tom Cruise, hollywood star, a man seemingly in control of his destiny, a man who can have anything he wants... How does he get sucked into this, this THING???

I recall reading that when he needed a girlfriend, they found the most beautiful woman in the group and essentially forced her to date him. He would also request anything he wished and get it. Cruise attained godhood there, methinks, and that would be enticing to the best of us.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Agreed. When I watched eyes wide shut, to say it was erie was an understatement. I had serious trouble sleeping that night. It's an energetic or spiritual thing as you said.
edit on 13-1-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Excellent write up, and a film worth contemplating. Haunting, and I do think there is a lot of meaning to it.

I watched Dr. Strangelove again last wkd. Another excellent Kubrick film, almost satirical.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Relevant viewing: My Scientology Movie (2015) -- Louis Theroux

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Why the hell did you quote the entire huge post? That's incredibly annoying and thoughtless.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Why the hell did you quote the entire huge post? That's incredibly annoying and thoughtless.
It's difficult on a phone. Why the hell did you feel compelled to point it out? That's pretty "annoying" as well. Are you 12?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Screw Scientology, what a mind control cult to get yo money. They been playing this series by Leah Remini, exposing all the secrets they keep about the abuse, splitting up families, the control of ones life...

The only power they have over people is threats and blackmail.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

To the notion of Zoroaster's birth, I don't believe he was born in December. Are they perhaps mistaking birth with the festival of his death in December? He was also not a god whatsoever.
The same goes for Tammuz - I recall nothing of a December birth? In fact, was he not reborn in the summertime? And he was likewise not a sun god, but of agriculture.

Good writeup though. I missed the naval officer connection to Hubbard. I particularly like Vigilant Citizen's writeup as well.

Thank you so much for pointing that out. I am aware that Zoroaster was a real person and not a deity. I thought the image would be a good visual aid to convey the inherent paganism in the film. I admit I didn't go personally verify if every single deity listed in the graphic above was legitimately born (or believed to have been born) in December.

Either way, that one little factoid doesn't contradict the Pegan/Christmas dichotomy that Kubrick wove into the film. But I'll make a note of that and address it when I post the rest of my material.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have a favorite section just for ATS threads that are particularly awesome.

For instance, GUTS threads are all there and other outstanding ones maybe 10 or so. This one I have added

I now have 3 days off and time to read this great thread.

If anyone hasn’t seen the movie here is a site that will show it for free

I hope I can post this site

solarmovie.sc...

I might even watch it myself for the 100th time!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Ah yes. TheGUT's threads are what attracted me to ATS in the first place.

I'm honored to have a thread held in the same ranks as TheGUT's!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Good thread.

A couple of things worth adding. When the film came out the visceral reaction from film goers was almost universal, it made them tired, irritated and they often hated it without being able to articulate why. From my experience this means they are seeing something they have been programmed not to see. The mind has a way of shutting down, closing down or rejecting things those in control of things have deemed unfit for their awareness.

Consider his films were never financially successful and yet he worked. Consider each film delved into an area of our world that would not be considered "movie" worthy, but possibly art worthy but even then - his best Barry Lyndon, is a terrible idea for an American release. Yet, each one was made. It would seem to me he took source material, then, working with writers, managed to take the material and bend it to reveal something we are all not supposed to see, do not ignore the writers.

It was my thinking at the time that this film cannot be separated from the entirety of the Kubrick works. It is the final part to his films.

The films may not have been "consciously" created, or even intended, to depict the horrifying world of the psychopathic planetary manipulators but the collection does that. In every movie we see out of touch, psychopaths torturing the human populace at varying levels, and many of his depictions show the manipulation from beyond the physical plane and I think this is his legacy. Replace the secret society manipulating of Bill with something less physical manipulating them all and you begin to see something new.

I suspect he was not killed, but he had done all he felt he could do, the world of "artful exposure" was going away to be replaced by something he would have no place in.

It should also be noted. Having known a few famous film folks - we'll leave it at that, many are not really bright enough to do the things people accuse, or praise them for, at a conscious level - they get help from elsewhere. More important, I have determined that the "symbol" people are not the directors, but the art directors and production designers, those folks hidden from public view. The prolific placement of 33-23-32 numbers in film and tv simply cannot be explained by every director being in the club and demanding the placement of those numbers 20+ times a show or film.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Speaking of Jack Parsons and L Ron Hubbard, did you know that the popular TV show "The Big Bang Theory" is based on these two?

The character "Leonard" is based on L Ron Hubbard

The character "Sheldon" is based on Jack Parsons (and played by an actor named Jim Parsons)

.....or so I heard.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

Consider his films were never financially successful and yet he worked.

Kubrick's films did indeed succeed financially. They may not have grossed as much as those from Steven Speilberg or James Cameron, but Kubrick was worth about $20 million in 1999 money when he died. Plus his estate in Hertfordshire was probably more than $1 million.

Eyes Wide Shut actually went on to gross more than $150 million at the box office worldwide, making it Kubrick's highest box office turnout.

He suffered a loss for A Clockwork Orange when it was banned in the UK & US. And Barry Lyndon was a box office flop, but the rest of his repertoire earned him a decent living.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

In 1941, alongside his first wife Helen Northrup, Parsons joined the Agape Lodge, the Californian branch of the Thelemite Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.). At Crowley's bidding, he replaced Wilfred Talbot Smith as its leader in 1942 and ran the Lodge from his mansion on Orange Grove Avenue. Parsons was expelled from JPL and Aerojet in 1944 due to the Lodge's infamy and allegedly illicit activities, along with his hazardous workplace conduct. In 1945 Parsons separated from Helen after having an affair with her sister Sara; when Sara left him for L. Ron Hubbard, he conducted the Babalon Working, a series of rituals designed to invoke the Thelemic goddess Babalon to Earth.

I will venture to say, though I can't say for sure, is that it's all a load of crap.

It is wealthy people who are bored out of their minds looking for things and activities to amuse themselves and feel cool and special.

Like wealthy people playing with Ouija boards. Oooh yeah, it's cool and fun, and they may imagine a bunch of crap, but in the end its a bunch of crap.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I think, in part, their activities are the manifestation of what happens when you reach a sort of bankruptcy in worldly/sensual indulgence. The same old stuff doesn't turn you on anymore; you cannot get anything out of it, so then they turn to warped and demented sh*t to get their rocks off - to fulfill their sensual indulgence. That is their culture. But the same thing will happen again - they will become bankrupt, unfulfilled.
edit on 14-1-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

In 1941, alongside his first wife Helen Northrup, Parsons joined the Agape Lodge, the Californian branch of the Thelemite Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.). At Crowley's bidding, he replaced Wilfred Talbot Smith as its leader in 1942 and ran the Lodge from his mansion on Orange Grove Avenue. Parsons was expelled from JPL and Aerojet in 1944 due to the Lodge's infamy and allegedly illicit activities, along with his hazardous workplace conduct. In 1945 Parsons separated from Helen after having an affair with her sister Sara; when Sara left him for L. Ron Hubbard, he conducted the Babalon Working, a series of rituals designed to invoke the Thelemic goddess Babalon to Earth.

I will venture to say, though I can't say for sure, is that it's all a load of crap.

It is wealthy people who are bored out of their minds looking for things and activities to amuse themselves and feel cool and special.

Like wealthy people playing with Ouija boards. Oooh yeah, it's cool and fun, and they may imagine a bunch of crap, but in the end its a bunch of crap.

Mine is the only crap star you get for that. Wonderful! I muse all the time at societies, clubs, religions, whatever, secret or open, that have all this ritual steeped in mysterious tradition, manned by mindless zealots and run by control freaks beholden to numbers and symbols, dates and events...

pure bohemian tripe.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
I think, in part, their activities are the manifestation of what happens when you reach a sort of bankruptcy in worldly/sensual indulgence. The same old stuff doesn't turn you on anymore; you cannot get anything out of it, so then they turn to warped and demented sh*t to get their rocks off - to fulfill their sensual indulgence. That is their culture. But the same thing will happen again - they will become bankrupt, unfulfilled.

Or take everyone else down with them, a la Hitler or Jim Jones.

"How dare my subjects not believe in me anymore".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join