It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Scientists Just Found Deep In The Ocean Is Seriously Unbelievable. "I’m Still In Shock...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I know right, like straight from a movie prop set!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Could be spot on, certainly not a farfetched theory, in fact as good as any possibility!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Just the headline saying that these items are REALLY DEEP, seems to be a lie. If they were really deep, you'd need a submarine to recover them. Also, you wouldn't see the sun shining down through the water to the artifacts like that.

No doubt that they are there, but there's something not quite right about this "find".

It was first found in 2000 in 30m of water,

The city sank in the 3rd or 2nd century AD, probably due to liquefaction of the silts on which it was built following earth tremors. The ruins submerged in the sea were located by the French underwater archaeologist Franck Goddio in 2000. Until then, the scholars were not sure if Heracleion and Thonis were in fact one and the same city.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There was an earhquake on July 21st 365AD which sent a tsunami that devastated the shores of Alexandria and the Eastern Mediterranean. Documented by Ammianus Mercillinus.

With the shape of the bay and with islets, shock waves could have been focussed into that area, sending water gushing up through fault lines, collapse underground caverns as well as sinking islands.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: forthelove

Amazing!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Except for the part about the Archeology catching up to the liars.

It sounds all good and fun in fiction form but the reality of it is, this was a major archeological find that didn't get huge amounts of attention and for what reason?

Who knows?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Thanks for posting. Looks great!

I gotta wonder where some of the artifacts will end up though. You know there could be hidden info about the Pyramids and how to use them to cal to the Ancient Aliens!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

If it is gold and all that, it will soon disappear

If need be they will cut it into pieces and float it out of there

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

They should be in an Egyptian museum, ET phone home, please!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Yeah, but the question I have is when did they actually find this and if it was monumental a find why not shout it out? Probably because whoever found it originally sold it to the highest bidder and they decided to hold on to it until they got what they wanted out of it.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Well it would appear that the relics went on tour so it's probably in the possession of the Egyptian Antiquities director. My guess is there was something else going on in the world that overshadowed this such as the Arab Spring or the 2012 US Elections or some other tragedy.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Tuomptonite
Something about the way the article is written seems sketchy to me. They don't specify a date or a time period which this discovery took place. How can such a seemingly cheesy source be the one to break this news? I won't get excited until I see this from a more reputable source.

That's what I was thinking as well. Just the headline saying that these items are REALLY DEEP, seems to be a lie. If they were really deep, you'd need a submarine to recover them. Also, you wouldn't see the sun shining down through the water to the artifacts like that.

No doubt that they are there, but there's something not quite right about this "find".

To be fair that all depends on the salinity of the water, what type of weather conditions are happening above the water, How much wave action is happening and how "alive" the water is, as to just how far the natural light would penetrate. Also saying something is "really deep" doesn't mean much. For some people 60' below the surface is "really deep", for others over 100' would be considered "really deep", and for others still depths over 300' are considered "really deep". It all depends on your certification level and what sort of skill set you've worked to obtain, but no matter how you look at it each of those depths are reachable by a normal human with no sub in sight. It just takes more time and planning to dive deeper.

As to the lack of algae growth shown in most of the pictures, I'm not familiar with the area so I really can't say why only some of the pictures algae growth. It does seem odd that they aren't more encrusted, however, I do have to wonder if maybe there is something in the environment which is inhibiting it's growth, like a high concentration of lime stone, or something acidic maybe? But those are only guesses and I can't be sure without looking into it further.

Finally the lack of fish, this one is easy. If the divers had been in the area a lot surveying the area before excavating they likely have temporarily scared off most of the fish in the area hence why there isn't any visible. I know where I am from it's not uncommon for divers to not see any fish at all when they go out, and that's simply because the fish get scared of the boat motors and the divers entering the water and simply leave the area. When the boat leaves the fish return, simple as that.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Since I really have no idea the exact date of the find it would be hard to speculate on such event being pertinent, but I guess you may be right, it could have been numerous things, I suggested it may have happened during an airline crash, but it could have been one of Hillary's or Obama's fiasco's.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

All the fish? I find that incredulous, there has to have been some brave creatures, and if this was as deep as they claimed then boat motors would not even be heard.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

It's a interesting topic

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: forthelove

All the fish? I find that incredulous, there has to have been some brave creatures, and if this was as deep as they claimed then boat motors would not even be heard.

You'd be surprised just how effective dressing yourself up as a large predator and making lots of noise will scare off all but the most aggressive fish.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

No I wouldn't because you wouldn't catch me dead swimming in the home of said predators, hell, you won't even find me in the nearest lake or even the country swimming hole or the next door neighbors pool for that matter, not telling what is living in there, but seriously, these pictures just look way to good to be true as happening excavation pictures, as they seem to portrayed to be.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: EveryOtherNameWasTaken

Yes indeed, a conundrum, wrapped in a riddle and swallowed by a shark!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yeah well these pictures look choreographed in a movie set studio dive tank to me, I don't know it smells "fishY"!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

maybe that was the U2 summer tour and Bono took all the headlines!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join