It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas: Muslim Pleads Guilty in Plot to Explode Car Bomb at Fort Riley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The FBI has successfully used undercover informants to bring a man right to the edge of setting off a bomb at a U.S. Military base.

Somebody named "John T. Booker" who according to the story is Mohammed Abdullah Hassan has pled guilty to one count of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction and one count of attempted destruction of government property by fire or explosion.

The Military base is Fort Riley in Kansas.

Anything suspicious about this case?

current article:..Kansas: Muslim Pleads Guilty in Plot to Explode Car Bomb at Fort Riley

article from last year:..Kansas: Muslim Arrested in Suicide Bomb Plot at Fort Riley

John T. Booker Jr., 21, of Topeka, Kansas, pleaded guilty today to attempting to detonate a vehicle bomb on the Fort Riley military base in Manhattan, Kansas.

Booker pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Carlos Murguia of the District of Kansas to one count of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction and one count of attempted destruction of government property by fire or explosion. Sentencing will be scheduled at a later date. The parties have stipulated to a sentence of 30 years in federal prison.

In his guilty plea, Booker admitted he intended to kill American soldiers and to assist ISIL’s fight against the United States. His plan called for constructing a bomb containing 1,000 pounds of ammonium nitrate. Booker intended to trigger the bomb himself and die in the process, and filmed a video he intended Americans to see after his death.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Who could imagine that they would freak out...somewhere in Kansas...

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What's suspicious about it is your source saying MSM and the Feds are not referring to him by his Muslim name, when every MSM article I read includes both.

As does the criminal complaint that was filed in court.

www.investigativeproject.org...

He said what he said and did what he did. Nobody made him.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was stationed at Riley when this happened.

This and 3 other incidents caused an FPCON B condition on post that is still in effect. That means heavy traffic control, armed personnel, increase patrols, car searches and background checks for anyone not in possession of a military ID.

We all took this very seriously and it was a very real threat.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
caused an FPCON B condition on post that is still in effect.

Yep. Successful act of terrorism. Cause the government to overreact. I'd say a permanent reduction of liberty is just that.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The FBI has successfully used undercover informants to bring a man right to the edge of setting off a bomb at a U.S. Military base.

What a curious sentence..

They convinced him to try to blow up a military base?

Did I read that right?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: projectvxn
caused an FPCON B condition on post that is still in effect.

Yep. Successful act of terrorism. Cause the government to overreact. I'd say a permanent reduction of liberty is just that.

Yep and their always seems to be an FBI or CIA dude somewhere in the wood pile egging the stupid little dorks on with material and plans.

Unbeknownst to Booker, the bomb that he constructed was made with inert materials, and the two men working with him were undercover informants for the FBI.

Great undercover work or great little instigators ?.. Either way I would prefer their (FBI) finger prints were not all over the supposedly WMD..... or some of the NSA record keeping is what stopped the plot.. Maybe they have and we are not told about it but it seems every time a plot is busted there are government agents in the wood pile some place with supplies and know how.

Many young people do stupid things and are easily influence by those they keep company with.. IMO

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If an enemy fails to come along on his own, then you've just got to manufacture one, train one, egg one on. It keeps the wheels turning, and ups the department budget for next year. We call it American Just Us.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Like setting off car bombs? The FBI probably got tipped off from him visiting website or google searches about blowing stuff up or how to make bombs. OR he was in the company of other known terrorist types. haven't any of you watched 24?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat

Did I read that right?

That's exactly what I pictured... they are very good at egging people on and then becoming the triumphant heroes who saved the day.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
One of these days, the FBI is going to find the wrong person for this and that person will catch on and get his hands on the real stuff and use their plans when they least expect it. ....then how the FBI explain that?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Is the US shooting themselves in the foot by putting terrorist in a general population prison? It is my contention that this will give them an opportunity to radicalize muslim prisoners already incarcerated.

Why not send them to a prison where they have no chance to spread their radical ideology.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
Is the US shooting themselves in the foot by putting terrorist in a general population prison? It is my contention that this will give them an opportunity to radicalize muslim prisoners already incarcerated.

Why not send them to a prison where they have no chance to spread their radical ideology.

They were doing that for a while and then liberals complained about GITMO.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

a reply to: charolais

So then I guess I did read it right.

Who, then, is the real terrorist?

The instigator or the instigated?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

What you are describing happened here..RCMP got a couple of methadone/opiate addicts on income assistance to make plans to blow up the British Columbia legislature. The two were recent converts and had made radical talk at their mosque..the mosque reported them and a "Mr Big" operation ensued. They were convicted but the courts are entertaining the idea these boneheads were entrapped to some degree. What is painfully clear is the two morons couldn't plan a lunch..nevermind build a device or plan and finance a terror attack..oh and the dude is devolpmentaly challenged.
www.citynews.ca...
www.cbc.ca...
www.theprovince.com...
www.ctvnews.ca...
www.timescolonist.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Did I read that right?

Not sure about the specifics of this case, but I understand the premise of what you are asking.

The FBI has been using a controversial strategy since 9-11. The idea is to be pro-active and preventative. Identify folks on social media in the USA that appear sympathetic to terrorists, frequent extremist websites etc. and engage them posing as terrorists and offer to provide them with weapons or explosives to carry out terrorist acts.

On the negative...it can be argued it is entrapment. It is a sting.

On the positive..They see it as getting to these people before genuine terrorists find them and facilitate real acts of terror. It might also have the added benefit of disrupting actual plots in as much as people start to fear they are talking to the feds and not real terrorists and are less willing to go along.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Did I read that right?

No. It was discovered that he had a desire to use a car bomb to kill US soldiers. The government presented him with an opportunity to achieve that and he took it.

I know you think that the government picks random Muslims to set up for terrorism, but don't forget that this is Loretta Lynch and Obamas FBI. The same people who think Oregon Ranch occupiers are "American Taliban" even though they don't oppress women, didn't attack Government forces and weren't using religion as a motivation for their actions.

Nice Try. But you're wrong. No you didn't read it right.

new topics

top topics

join