It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbor Didn't Report Suspicious Activity of SB Killers For Fear of Being Called Racist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Maybe she was afraid of getting ridiculed like the person who reported the guy walking "with purpose" down the street with the confederate flag. You all know how you reacted to that one.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: fartlordsupreme
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

exactly what i was thinking
the information thats actually provided couldnt be more vague if they tried

from what i could tell the neighbor was suspicious because they were getting a lot of packages..... but how many people in this thread is that true of?

(could be
but who would know based on this)

So you're maybe thinking that maybe the neighbor WAS racist for being suspicious that 'The Muslims Next Door' we're simply getting packages (something everybody does)?

Thank you. You've made the OP's case.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
DP
edit on 3-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: IAMTAT
The neighbor decided it was best to avoid being labeled a racist...and kept her mouth shut;choosing NOT to report the suspicious activity she saw next door to the police.

What "suspicious activity" did she witness?

I think this was the neighbor that was reported to have seen them bringing in multiple packages and working in the garage throughout the night, seems I read that she saw others there too but will have to look for that article. While for some this may not sound suspicious, if one of my neighbors, regardless of nationality, started doing the same I would be wondering what was up, but it is likely I would walk over and ask.

Why would you walk over and ask simply because (allegedly) they received a lot of packages and worked in their garage? Why exactly would you unless you knew them very well and wouldn't have minded you being a little nosey? It's hardly actions that would label you as suspicious and I wonder if her neighbour had been white if she had thought any more about it - sorry, some of you won't like that, but that's not a lot that would have given the police any reason to check - unless there is more that hasn't yet been alleged.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hmmm, you're blaming "progressives" for this individual's choice to not report what she thought was suspicious activity, because of some imaginary, irrational fear she had of being labeled a racist? If she had been wrong, would the police have posted a billboard saying she reported innocent Muslims?

Do you also blame guns for killing people, not the actual shooters themselves? I doubt it. How about we place blame where it belongs, instead of this infantile blame game/victim complex nonsense, regardless of whether it fits your political beliefs? The "big bad wibberals" didn't force her to make a bad decision, her weakness, fear, and malfunctioning moral compass did.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You can't stick a note in an envelope and mail it to the police dept.?

I don't complain about my neighbors either. Maybe its a California thing. You stay out of everyone's space.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That's a victim stance and I don't buy it.

I probably wouldn't have reported getting lots of packages and working in the garage all night as 'suspicious behavior' at all. I would never have put them together.

If she had called the FBI and reported her neighbors as - receiving lots of packages and working in the garage all hours of the night - there would have been no reason for her to be "afraid" of being labeled as anything but a concerned citizen. If they asked for the couple's race or religion, she could answer that, if she knew, or give descriptions of them.

If she felt racist feelings... thinking this activity was "suspicious" BECAUSE they were Middle Eastern, then that's on her as well. If she has racist or religionist feelings (which is 100% legal, by the way) then perhaps she's a bit prejudiced and that's ok. Or maybe she's just plain afraid because of all the propaganda she's heard about Muslims and Arabs. There's a little of that going around.

I have my doubts about this woman's story at all. She's coming out as a victim of 'The PC Culture', whose members (left-leaning liberals) are so hated precisely because they supposedly cater to the victims. She's a victim of those who love victims. It's a political twist that is INSANE for me to consider as having any value or truth.

It almost sounds to me like she wanted to use this situation to feel a bit important, and maybe make statement for her political team. With the information we have, I can't find any sympathy for her position. And those who do may be more politically correct than they know.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm far from PC and from what little information that's been provided for what exactly the suspicious activity was I don't think I would have reported anyone either. Not for any political correctness reason but because it's not suspicious to me.

If I called and reported every time I saw any of my neighbors doing what this person claims was suspicious then the police would need to take up permanent residence on my street.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The PC victim card is getting old. Why is fear running your life?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
My feeling is that anyone should be able to report anything that they personally find suspicious - anything. That includes a white guy carrying a confederate flag "with purpose", or a black guy walking a neighborhood at an odd hour or a middle eastern person who receives and sends lots of packages. Report it (if it bothers you), and let the police decide what to do about it. It's on the police if they wrongfully detain or arrest someone, or if they decide it's not worth checking out. It's really no one's business (except the police) who reports what.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This happened 30 minutes from me, and that is the general liberal PC California attitude, even after having this happen in our own backyard, to people we know! I used to take my son to that Inland Regional Center, and know a girl who currently takes her son there regularly. Even she is avoiding saying anything obvious about the attack, she is just saying "gun control, gun control"

TWO different neighbors of Sayeed were on local news saying the same thing, the woman, and a man. They were suspicious, but were afraid to seem like they were racially profiling.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Two words:

DONALD TRUMP (for president)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I probably wouldn't have reported getting lots of packages and working in the garage all night as 'suspicious behavior' at all. I would never have put them together.

Suspicious activity is anything out of the norm for the neighborhood. An example would be a lot of people coming and going from a house, could be a lot of friends, could also be a drug house. In this case they had a lot of boxes delivered and a group of men would consistently be in the garage doing something well into the night. Not anything within the norm for the neighborhood. I can see how this would make her feel very concern and not want to cause any trouble with new neighbors.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

...but at least nobody can ever call her a Racist.

REALLY? If she saw perfectly normal behavior as "suspicious", she may very well be racist.

Instead, she chose to be a good little PC Progressive.

Her choice.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
In this case they had a lot of boxes delivered and a group of men would consistently be in the garage doing something well into the night.

I haven't seen any proof that that was the activity she was talking about, but Great. Report it!

I can see how this would make her feel very concern and not want to cause any trouble with new neighbors.

No one would never know that it was she who reported it. She could have done so completely anonymously. I did that when there was a meth house in my neighborhood. Eventually, I went to the sheriff's office in broad daylight to talk with the sheriff about it, described the house, and the activity I'd seen. Sometimes you have to be a little brave.

How safe did she think she was living in the house next door to all this suspicious activity?

Like I said, this sounds like a politically-motivated story.

link   

...but at least nobody can ever call her a Racist.

REALLY? If she saw perfectly normal behavior as "suspicious", she may very well be racist.

Your response is exactly what made her refrain from reporting and stopping this tragedy.

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
In this case they had a lot of boxes delivered and a group of men would consistently be in the garage doing something well into the night.

I haven't seen any proof that that was the activity she was talking about, but Great. Report it!

I can see how this would make her feel very concern and not want to cause any trouble with new neighbors.

No one would never know that it was she who reported it. She could have done so completely anonymously. I did that when there was a meth house in my neighborhood. Eventually, I went to the sheriff's office in broad daylight to talk with the sheriff about it, described the house, and the activity I'd seen. Sometimes you have to be a little brave.

How safe did she think she was living in the house next door to all this suspicious activity?

Like I said, this sounds like a politically-motivated story.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I didn't make her do squat. Big girl panties required.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Sounds like my old neighbor that worked all day and was into RC cars and dirtbikes.

Guess I should have reported him! Think he still lives there, might still be able to.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What a bunch of BS we have here.

Townhall is reporting on a tweet by Will Carr who is commenting on ((what?)) from a local radio show with absolutely nothing to substantiate any of it. Is anyone wondering why there's no link to the reporting from KNX1070? Because it doesn't exist?

Here's their website (KNX1070 Newsradio, KCAL 9, CBS 2) and here's their Twitter feed.

Nothing about this phantom neighbor and these ridiculous claims. Furthermore, even the Tweet from Will Carr doesn't say what the title of this thread does:

The tweet says "she did not want to racially profile." The title of this stupid propaganda piece from Townhall says "for fear of being called racist."

Wow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join