It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Killed An Unarmed White Man In Iowa And His Community Didn't Seem To Notice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

About two minutes into the chase, Miller cut Bolinger off as he attempted to make a U-turn, forcing his car to a stop. Bolinger exited his vehicle and approached Miller's squad car "walking with a purpose," Halifax said. As he advanced, Miller, who is white, fired a single bullet through her rolled up driver's side window, shattering the glass and striking Bolinger in the torso. He later died from the gunshot wound at a local hospital.

So the police officer shoots an unarmed man. The officer was inside the car with the windows rolled up. What is the excuse for shooting him?
Any outrage?
Huffington Post

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sorry, it is outside the current parameters of a useful narrative for our media and controllers. It only matters if he is black. #whitelivesdonotmatter

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

About two minutes into the chase, Miller cut Bolinger off as he attempted to make a U-turn, forcing his car to a stop. Bolinger exited his vehicle and approached Miller's squad car "walking with a purpose," Halifax said. As he advanced, Miller, who is white, fired a single bullet through her rolled up driver's side window, shattering the glass and striking Bolinger in the torso. He later died from the gunshot wound at a local hospital.

So the police officer shoots an unarmed man. The officer was inside the car with the windows rolled up. What is the excuse for shooting him?
Any outrage?
Huffington Post

So the police officer shoots an unarmed man approaching Miller's squad car "walking with a purpose". You're supposed to stay in your vehicle during a stop, especially after having chased him for two minutes. Why did he lead her on a chase for two minutes? What was he trying to hide? Why was he approaching her car? There probably isn't any outrage in that community because it's made up of reasonable people instead of over-the-top cop haters.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

when you are being stoped you stay in your car, or you face the repercushions normally this will result in you being yelled at and possibly tackled to the ground. Now when you have lead the officer on a chase and then exit your vehicle and approach the vehicle "with a purpose" you should just expect to be shot.

to be honest i am not a small man or a scared man i beleive i could hold my own in a fight, with that being said if i was in this officers shoes with the rash of cop killings and cop hate out there i am going to do everything that is in my legal right to keep my self safe and allow myself to go home when my shift was over.

Now put yourself in the officers shoes and tell me honestly what you would do, knowing what the current enviorment for cops are.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
He may have been having a medical episode for all the cop knew.
He was unarmed.
I am not saying that he did not present a threat of sorts when he lead them on a low speed chase, but he was no longer in his car at this point.
Shouldn't there have been a trial before the execution?

If he had walked up to a civilians car similarly unarmed, would the civilian been allowed to shoot him?

edit on b000000312015-10-29T17:46:03-05:0005America/ChicagoThu, 29 Oct 2015 17:46:03 -0500500000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Or it shows the lack of support by the community... Not the fault of the black community that they actually get mad when some one gets shot.
Huff Po is a liberal rag and they are reporting it, kinda shots a hole in that theory huh?

I am 'outraged', tired of hearing about these unarmed people getting shot by cops.

Can't miss a chance to make this political tho right? Wouldn't want to feed into the divide.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: butcherguy

Any outrage?
Huffington Post

So the police officer shoots an unarmed man approaching Miller's squad car "walking with a purpose". You're supposed to stay in your vehicle during a stop, especially after having chased him for two minutes. Why did he lead her on a chase for two minutes? What was he trying to hide? Why was he approaching her car? There probably isn't any outrage in that community because it's made up of reasonable people instead of over-the-top cop haters.

Oh yes, "over-the-top cop haters."

"The man walked with a purpose."

Wtf is this? Rome, where we speak in cryptic tongue? How does one, "walk with a purpose," as opposed to "walking with a purpose," or even perhaps "possibly walking/jogging with a touch of a potential purpose?"

I mean, really, "walking with a purpose?"

Oh yes - forgot to add:

Disobeying authority is justification for assault.
Those who were a badge are justified in the beating of minors.
And now, "walking with a purpose," is justification for death.

And people say there is a "war on cops!"

:

Yeah there sure is a war, one being waged with with words and cameras, and we all know who is playing the victim card now.

I remember hearing something along the lines of "if you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide," now where have I heard that before?

See - people don't "hate cops" because these people want to break the law.

People "hate cops" because they're tired of cops breaking the law and facing zero penalty or accountability for their actions.

Big difference, but I don't expect many to take the time to attempt to understand other angles and stances on an issue and use that to attempt to formulate a somewhat reasonable platform that EVERYONE can relate to and understand.

But alas, pulling the veil over ones' eyes proves to be the preferred method. It is so, so much easier to just repeat baseless rhetoric such as "you shouldn't break the law," instead of approaching the subject in something that, and I will quote Ayn Rand:

"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

But hey, let's blame poor people and thugz because it's easier.
edit on 29-10-2015 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Now put yourself in the officers shoes and tell me honestly what you would do, knowing what the current enviorment for cops are.

The person that walked up to my car had no weapon and made no attempt to break the glass in my rolled up windows, let alone touch the car?

I would have been arrested if I had shot him.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

On the side a lot of people dont like to hear from -

The actions of the suspect - blocking officers in their car, dancing in the street, a pursuit and then getting out of the car and approaching an officer - can place a person in imminent fear of their life or someone elses life.

Deadly force does not require a person be armed.

Totality of circumstances.

You mus take ALL information that is relevant into account. His actions already demonstrated bizarre behavior and a disregard for public safety by dancing in the street and resisting arrest by refusing to stop. Intoxication (alcohol or drugs) or emotionally disturbed were considered. That info is also taken into account. A weapon does not need to exist for deadly force to be used. Secondly just because a person does not have a weapon in his hand does not mean he does not have a weapon on his person.

Lets see what the investigation turns up.

The standard for this is -
What did the officer perceive the moment deadly force was used

As for the other question the article asks - Essentially why is there no outrage over an unarmed white person being killed by police? My guess is there probably is and people are waiting for the investigation to conclude. is it necessary to act like a no talent ass clown before all the facts are in? Is it necessary to break the law in order to protest an action?
edit on 29-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The cop should have used a Taser Gun if no weapon was visible at the time.

This post was typed with purpose.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

If this followed as the officer stated then by her own statement she appears to have lost it in fright and actually need's retraining in crisis situations if that is she does not face the correct disciplinary action for her shooting of an unarmed civilian.

She should immediately be taken off active duty pending an investigation and have her firearm removed until it is dealt with however we do not have the data on what this man was like as far as potential criminal and violent history is concerned and she may have had a very valid reason for being afraid but not for shooting him at that point, had he smashed the car window and tried to attack her then yes but not as she acted fearful and trigger happy.

If her account is accurate.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
The cop should have used a Taser Gun if no weapon was visible at the time.

This post was typed with purpose.

Did the officer have a taser?
What does departmental policy say about using a taser during a deadly force encounter?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I think this extract from the story sums things up,

" it's time for all people, in any community touched by a police killing, to wake up."

I think the whole police ethos is just plain crazy, allied to crass stupidity on the part of individual officers who think they are more infallible than the Pope. Apart from that, it says the investigation is ongoing.
What is useful, is The Guardian's' attempt to compile figures since not all the cop shops do this for the federal government statistics, which is a national disgrace, and you can probably guess that even The Guardian's figures will be short of the real tally.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Sorry, it is outside the current parameters of a useful narrative for our media and controllers. It only matters if he is black. #whitelivesdonotmatter

So because the white people decided to not care that an unarmed white person was shot, this is somehow a jab at Blacklivesmatter?

You should be asking those white communities why they aren't protesting right now, why they aren't mobilizing. Do you think apathy is the appropriate response here?

Instead of criticizing BLM, people should be finding ways to emulate the strategy.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

They are required to submit stats to the State since that is the governing authority for law enforcement at the state level. for some strange reason foreign news sources don't grasp the concept of how the government of the US operates. if you want state stats then look at the state government. If you want federal then look at the federal government.

State stats are based on violations of state law.
Federal stats are based on violation of federal law.

the attempt to use federal stats for reporting on state crimes gives the paper the ability to skew the information in their favor since it will give an erroneous picture that will show gun crimes as being out of control. It allows them to use stats from all states to compare against one incident occurring in one state.

Its a sham attempt to attack the 2nd amendment.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I think stating they dont care is a bit of assumption. Did the papers go door to door and ask for reaction? Maybe they are waiting for an investigation before getting pissed?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Emulating ignorance with more ignorance is the answer? WTH?

Second...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I would say people care, and people not even closely related to the #Argonian#Yellow#Toilet Paper lives matter.

It's a matter of, "Hey, life matters, man."

PD all across the nation should start stocking up on Ring-Pops and jumbo-sized Kleenex boxes because some of these whiny little babies need to suck on their baba while wiping away their tears from crying about "I FEARED FOR MAH LIFEZ," because man, that's about all you here.

That - and, "walked with a purpose."

I can not get over that. "He walked with a purpose."

So what did he do? Strut his hips and show off dat booty?

Cop logic is too fun to implore

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor
Emulating ignorance with more ignorance is the answer? WTH?

Second...

Protesting the police shooting of an unarmed American is the opposite of ignorance.

After seeing how these cases go, time and time again, with the officer getting a paid vacation and using the old bulletproof standby of "I felt threatened", I don't see why an immediate community mobilization demanding action and answers is "ignorant".

The history of these scenarios tells us to not expect justice to be served if we are patient.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm sure there was or will be an investigation into the shooting there almost always is. The man who was shot brought it on him self by acting in a way that led.to the officer fearing for her saftey.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join