It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of ISIS? Terror group 'on verge of defeat' as Russian jets cut off arms supplies!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+59 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
www.express.co.uk...

I saw this article today in Daily Express and I know, no doubt, it is sensationalism as the last headline was a couple of weeks ago "ISIS will fall within hours". However, more than the article itself I was interested in a comment that had been left in the comments section. It is a great comment and says what a lot of people (like myself) are thinking. I confess I don't understand all the politics with regard to the situation in Syria but on the face of it does appear that the coalition are trying to hide a lot of things. I thought I would just share the comment I have seen and then see what people's thoughts are. Why do people think the coalition won't share the information Putin is asking for (ISIS targets).

"Washington and its allies have suggested that Russia is trying to protect Assad rather than defeat ISIS"

And what exactly has the U.S. managed to achieve over the course of the last 12 MONTHS that Russia hasn't in just a few short weeks? America has been bombing who exactly? It sure as hell wasn't ISIS because over the last year they've gone from strength to strength and extended their fiefdom, butchered thousands of innocent people and accumulated vast financial wealth. Even America's own citizens' horrific fate at the hands of ISIS wasn't enough to shock them out of their tunnel-visioned determination that Assad HAD to be removed ahead of all other options. They've stood back after giving the pretence of being on the attack whilst ISIS has tightened its grip. They've stood back and watched an entire generation of females - from very young girls to women - sold in meat markets as commodities to be gang raped - often in public - even when one of their own citizens met a similar fate. And all the while they allowed ISIS to continue to operate with impunity because they shared the same goal as them - the removal of Assad. THAT trumped all other considerations.

Given what Russian bombers have achieved in just a few weeks it now lays bare to the world what America has NOT been doing all along. No doubt they WOULD have eventually turned their guns on ISIS, but only after they'd done what America wanted - the removal of Assad, but how many innocent men, women and children would be walking around alive today if only the U.S. had moved as decisively as Russia? ISIS are responsible for genocide on a horrific scale. America's half-assed attempts to portray Putin as making the situation in Syria far worst than it was before his intervention shows how duplicitous they have been all along. Russia is raining on their parade and showing the world that America has had an agenda right from the outset. Such is the tunnel vision of the self-proclaimed "greatest nation on earth" that they're even prepared to risk another world war to get themselves off the hook, irrespective of the millions who will likely die in the process. It's all about image and maintaining their status as 'top dog'. History is littered with great civilisations that have risen and then fallen. America, through weak and irresponsible leadership, is on a downward slide. And even our own country is not blameless in all this, where we've been governed for way too long by shamefully inept career politicians who know nothing of the real world and real people, who strut around the world stage like spoilt brats denouncing and attacking the regimes of foreign countries when it's none of their damn business to do so. If the shoe were on the other foot, how would it be viewed if the Middle East suddenly attacked the UK and started bombing our cities in order to effect 'regime change'? Such a thing is unthinkable, but that's EXACTLY what we've done to them!

Whatever one thinks of Putin, and God knows he's not perfect, he has dared to step up and show the world what a REAL leader is made of. He knew the wrath of Western govts would come down on his head, but what did he have to lose? The EU are responsible for creating the Ukraine conflict by their expansionist agenda. The EU are directly responsible for creating the current migration crisis now by THEIR utter stupidity. The only man in this country who has the vision and passion to lead us out of the cesspit we've been thrust into has been deliberately sabotaged by politicians and the media from all sides. If that continues, and with NO-ONE else of any calibre on the horizon to lead this country, then one has to include the UK in the same category as the U.S. in a fall from grace.

When you place Obama and Cameron alongside Putin, the real leader stands out by a mile. Cameron looks what he is, a toff playing at being a leader but with no substance or vision to back it up. Obama is a lame duck President who has achieved nothing throughout his entire term in office and looks what he is - weak and clueless. Putin is everything the other two aren't. He has the entire Western world on his back but still maintains his resolute "don't mess with me" face. He portrays himself as a strong leader and backs it up with action. He has stood back and waited patiently for the West to act decisively in the Middle East but has seen through all the posturing and inaction and finally acted alone. It tells you all you need to know about America's agenda in their refusal to cooperate with Putin. It comes across as a petulant child who hasn't got its own way when it refuses to give Putin information they have on ISIS targets to hit. They'd much rather stand back and accuse Russia of bombing the 'wrong' targets. It's not statesmanlike, it's not clever, it's churlish.

I sincerely hope that Putin achieves the goal of obliterating ISIS despite all the efforts to hinder them by the U.S. but like many others here, I'm just waiting for a 'false flag' engineered event to occur which America will use to justify attacking the Russian military machine in Syria. Obama needs to grow the hell up and be thankful that someone has the balls to do the job he seemed unwilling to do. America's ambivalence to ISIS is highly suspicious and hopefully when ISIS have been wiped off the face of the Earth the truth will finally come out. The world has a right to know what its leaders have been doing behind their backs.

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I like Putin. I know western media propaganda has tried to make him look like the new Hitler, but when I hear him speak, he does not have that "I am a puppet" about him like Cameron and Obama.

Is Putin a danger? I don't think so, unless he is pushed.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

That is a great comment , thanks for sharing .

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

What an outstanding nail on the head analogy.
I wait with baited breath to see how the die hard America can do wrong crowd reply to the op

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
"Washington and its allies have suggested that Russia is trying to protect Assad rather than defeat ISIS"

despite wat the western MSM is telling us.... Putin Always has said that he is helping his allied Assad/Syria....
just an clean-sweep for Syria....and the banning of all western supported terrorist groups...

Bravo Russia

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RyleeNatorWell all I can say is the comment isn't just aimed at America but the UK as well, and I agree with the comment although I am from the UK. I love my child, but I see his imperfections and faults. In the same way I love my Country but I see so much that is wrong with it, and its leaders. Its OK to be loyal but becomes dangerous when it makes you so blinkered you can't put yourself in the position of looking from afar and seeing the bigger picture!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The west supports some of the most brutal regimes in the ME. so really are in no position to lecture Russia on the allies in the region they support. Russia is also there by invitation unlike the west. The wests strategy has been pretty poor. America used half a billion dollars to train up 4 to 5 capable fighting rebels. Their bombing of an msf hospital in Afghanistan gives them little room to criticise Russia on indiscriminate bombing. The sooner Russia and the west start working together the better. I just can't see it happening. Neither side can claim a moral high ground here. Both support dictators in the region and end up taking sides in this civil war, creating a proxy war, which both sides will be guilty of prolonging for their own selfish interests

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I have noticed a decrease in Shill posts and threads on ATS . Putin seems to be achieving more then stabilizing Syria .It's great when you can silent your opponents with actions they have nothing but empty words to respond with . Like Hillary and Kerry have said " We are loosing the information war " well done Mr. Putin ,Russians should be very proud to have such a leader that has gone to bat for the innocent people of the world ....

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
But but but Putin is bombing all Obama's anti Assad friends. And if Obama says its bad it HAS to be

Nah screw that Go Putin, you've this far proven to be the leader we wished we had in the west - strong, decisive, guided by strong and nationalistic moral principals and most importantly, you've seen what we on the street see - a country in desperate need of help to save people that are the middle eastern version of us.

I really do hope that this is not a ruse and this is the real Putin and the real Russia in action, because I like what I see and I will be very disappointed if it is all some scam,

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
loll perhaps time for an poll about the best leadership in the world... my vote goes to Putin

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I really do hope that this is not a ruse and this is the real Putin and the real Russia in action, because I like what I see and I will be very disappointed if it is all some scam,
That was one of my first concerns and I sat on the fence until I flushed my mind of the western propaganda and started watching Russia's moves . Putin has done nothing but impress not only me but more critical minds of people I have come to respect over the years . All of the ad-hominids people have thrown at him ,end up being just that . He is doing it for his country first which is the proper thing to do . His approval rating is no accident and he usually acts first and then puts words to it later ..unlike the western leaders that end up being empty words .

He has to enjoy that the west actually helped clean up much of the corruption in his own country as the rats left the ship thinking that the west was going to win at the end of the day ..birds of a feather I guess :>)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I read this on Pravda - obviously propagand'd up to the eye balls but nevertheless good reading.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Yeah, he's won me over too after I went down the rabbit hole of the Syrian situation.

The big thing is can he keep this up?

He was a very bad president in Ukraine and I am almost certain the rebels shot down MH17 (accidentally) But in the scheme of things, the USA has more black marks against it's name that Russia does in the last 20 years so it is Putin's future actions that intrigue me.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
You guys are all wrong. The American experts have done an in depth psychological analysis on Putin off of youtube video...and the conclusion is...he most probably has aspergers sindrome, and is a lunatic...with Great Russia motive. After he deals with ISIS, he will turn to Baltic states...and start taking them one by one.

Save yourselves !!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I am also a resident of the UK and a voter unfortunately since Blair the UK and USA have been two sides of the one coin only the UK government is slightly restricted in what it can and can't do.
America struts around like a bully with the UK it's special little friend in toe waving its fist reiterating US foreign policies.
I also think the British people are waking up quicker with the BBC being exposed for what it truly is . Also the government pedo ring has yet to be fully investigated.
The last election was also rather strange you had Cameron who proclaims to be a Zionist Miliband who is Jewish nothing wrong that except his need to announce it to reassure his support for Israel then you the SNP who don't want to be part of the UK the Welsh lady who is just to nice to be a politician an Austrian leader of the greens
And the only man how seemed to have the Britain and the British peoples interests at Hart was labelled a racist and a Looney I actually was under that impression due to all knew of him and his policies was from the media but I listened to what he heads to say and he vote for his party .
In the end Cameron is now pm with 35% of the vote in my opinion this restricts him he tested the waters to go into Syria with a drone strike on two UK jihadists gauging public outcry the support just ain't there for UK involvement in Syria

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

The US has been deliberately egging ISIS ever onward and upwards and claiming it has had a military campaign against them for over a year as of now...with the REAL progress made by Russian bombers in as little as two short weeks PROVES there are ONLY two realities that can be true here with regard to what the USA is doing in Syria supposedly against ISIS...

1. The USA military is being managed and organised by completely incompetent idiots, unable to fight their way out of a thin, wet, paper bag.

2. The USA is not only deliberately allowing ISIS to escape, not actually targeting their positions, arms routes, and stockpiles, but rather reinforcing and aiding them, and currently are and have in fact been targeting the Syrian Army regulars and their positions in order to illegally oust Assad.

So...what is it?

Is it really true that one of the largest, if not the largest most heavily financed, most experienced militaries that have ever been assembled cannot accomplish a fraction of the success the Russian military has made regarding ISIS, and so must now surely be the subject of a serious and immediate investigation and public enquiry into their abject failures in their mission in Syria.

This is of course even more ironic and questionable considering many regular members assertions that Russia's military is basically falling apart at the seams, and could not (in their judgements) come within fractions of a percentage point of the capabilities of the American war apparatus, yet are kicking backsides left, right and centre over there.

Or

The USA military is talking out of it's backside, and is telling the world they are in Syria to push back ISIS, but in fact are not actually intent on doing so, but have a completely different agenda being there, which logic would indicate is regarding the US stated goal of removing Assad?

What other, logical and plausible reasons can there possibly be for the complete disparity between successes of the Russians Vs. The US militaries in this conflict?

In my mind the evidence is clear...the US is propping up ISIS for geopolitical purposes and lying to the entire world about it. The Russian action and the extreme progress it has made in such a short space of time clearly demonstrates this to be undoubtedly so.

What are your thoughts?

edit on 15-10-2015 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Bahaha, you'll have to do better than that mate.

How about starting with this magical psychological analysis and a hard copy. YouTube is a TERRIBLE way to psychoanalyse someone BTW, especially given that he speaks Russian and I'll bet they were relying on translations of his words.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I am mean ISIS is the core of this crisis, everyone can agree on that. It's just refreshing news and a joy to read, that Russia has cut of their supplies.

Now the US citizens need to rise and stop this foriegn policy, that is nothing more than a waste of tax payers money.

Obama and his congress should be pressured to withdraw all US involvement in Syria and allow Russia to elimanate ISIS completely and restore order in Syria.

American people have been lied to by war monger presidents, so it's time take back your country. The ball lies in your court to put an end to this.

The US Foriegn Policy needs to be re-work for alternive options other than intervening the affairs of independent soveriegn nations.

The ME needs a break already from foriegn intervention and the rest of the world needs peace.

Putin unfortunately talks more sense than Obama and the Bushes combined and has shown by his actions and Russia has yet again curbed another threat to world peace.

edit on 15-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterXAs I stated at the beginning I don't fully understand all the politics in Syria and wouldn't pretend to do. However, even before Russian became involved, people like myself have looked from afar, with confusion and dismay at how much headway ISIS have made. People have been asking for months now what and whom exactly are the coalition bombing. We have been shown photo, upon photo, coming out of Syria of ISIS jihads and on every article I have seen hundreds of comments asking why, if these photos have been taken of ISIS, is it then so difficult to bomb them when it is apparent the coalition know where they are. Now that Russia has become involved it is just proving to laymen like myself that whatever the coalition have supposedly been doing, they have certainly not been bombing ISIS. Why haven't they, well I can only presume because they are actually funding them with the hope that eventually they get rid of Assad. That is the only explanation there can be and that is coming from someone who doesn't have enough knowledge of the policies in that Country! I'm not usually one to buy into all the conspiracy theories but it would seem this time the conspiracy theorists are correct!! People are starting to wake up to all the propaganda we are fed on a daily basis. So I wonder what the next move will be from the people who pull the puppet strings, whoever they are! It also raises questions about whether Assad is the person who has been ordering chemical weapons to be used against his own people. I'm starting to doubt everything I've ever been told.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
At the moment Putin seems to be gaining consideration of favour as Russia's military dynamically targets ISIL as the US Presidential military campaign has yielded little achievement in a similar manner.

The quote is from the website Republic, an article written by Fred Hof in 2014.

Over three years ago, President Obama called on Bashar al Assad to step aside. Moving this murderous regime offstage will be neither easy nor quick. Yet unless it is a major facet of American strategy, the Islamic State will not be killed. It has been a gift to the Assad regime, one that will keep on giving so long as that regime exists. Legitimate governance in Syria will require much more than removing Assad. But regime removal is the first step, and without legitimate governance in Syria (as well as Iraq) the undead Islamic State will continue to march.

We Can't Destroy ISIS Without Destroying Bashar al Assad First

Western nations believe losing Assad could result in a militant takeover resulting in death and chaos for the people of the country. But death and chaos are happening for the people of that country right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join