It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells Baghdad that Islamic State is THEIR fight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Rich comments coming from the Obama Administration about the possible takeover of Baghdad by ISIS.

The White House says it's "Their" fight meaning the Iraqis need to defend and fight for their own.

Just a few problems however.

Seems the Iraqis have been running from most of the fighting and letting ISIS just have whatever they want.

I have no idea why and I don't know what Obama's end goal is.

I'm not sure anything we "hear" is even accurate anymore.

There's so much BS coming from the media.

Talk about emboldening terrorists to take over Baghdad. Notice they said they will support the Iraqi government, which of course is about to be Islamic State once they take over.
Check it out:

The White House on Thursday, in no uncertain terms, put the onus on the Iraqis to fight and defeat the Islamic State — even as a new report warned foreign fighters are flocking to the battlefield at a historic and dangerous pace.

“The United States is not going to be responsible for securing the security situation inside of Iraq,” Press Secretary Josh Earnest told Fox News.

Obama tells Baghdad that Islamic State is THEIR fight

Can Anybody Make any Sense from This?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

" Seems the Iraqis have been running from most of the fighting and letting ISIS just have whatever they want. "

Barrack Obama , Master of " Kick The Can " Down the Freakin' Road of Hopeless Dreams..............

edit on 28-5-2015 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Considering that the USA and UK bombed the **** out of Iraq, deposed a dictator that kept the country stable, dropped the quality of life and standard of living for the whole population, resulting in continuing suicide bombing attacks, forced educated workers to emigrate resulting in poor medical health care, if I were an Iraqi, I wouldn't have any motivation to stop ISIS either. I'd just stand aside, point and say "Europe's in that direction", and let them rumble past.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Passing the buck until after the election, then its Hilary's problem.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Considering that the USA and UK bombed the **** out of Iraq, deposed a dictator that kept the country stable, dropped the quality of life and standard of living for the whole population, resulting in continuing suicide bombing attacks, forced educated workers to emigrate resulting in poor medical health care, if I were an Iraqi, I wouldn't have any motivation to stop ISIS either. I'd just stand aside, point and say "Europe's in that direction", and let them rumble past.

That could be seen as encouraging terrorism....and we bomb terrorists....then we invade.
Back to iraq.....(which we're definitely not going back into) to rebuild democracy, defeat ISIS (ourselves) and show the populace how they should really let us govern, because well...look what happened last time we let them run their own country.

+3 more 
posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ok, so he said that. And...........

HE'S RIGHT.

It is their fight. How much I wish Bush had the shown the same wisdom in the first place by leaving Saddam the hell alone. Had we left Iraq alone back in 2003, ISIS wouldn't have likely even been a problem today.

If there is ever going to be a real blow against religious extremism in the Middle East, it has to be made by countries themselves. Have people gone brain dead and forgotten how the past 14 years of the "war on terror" in the Middle East have gotten us no where, and just led to even worse problems?

That said, if the Iraqis themselves have no will nor desire to fight ISIS, then why the hell should we? Especially seeing how WE ARE BROKE AND DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO TAKE CARE OF THE DAMAGED VETS FROM THE PREVIOUS WARS, LET ALONE FIELD MORE INTERVENTION AND THUS, MORE WOUNDED WARRIORS TO KICK OUT ON THE STREETS.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Yep , Sound Reasoning IMO......

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Is there any truth to the story flying around about the Obama administration training ISIS, and that there are released govt documents supporting the story?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Last time they were actually running their own country was when Saddam was in power. And funny enough, at least as far as U.S. interests are concerned, Saddam actually ran the country pretty well. Many of the people he persecuted and tortured are the same people beheading, raping, crucifying, and destroying everything in sight. Sure, a he was a bastard, however, he was a gem compared to what's over there today.

The country only went to hell after we got involved.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is all so damned ridiculous. Order out of Chaos....Does ANYONE understand the reality here? my gawd it makes my head hurt

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If the Iraqis aren't willing to hold their ground and stand up to ISIS on their homeland, especially after all the training, money, equipment, and American lives given, then screw Iraq. Let Iran deal with ISIS in Iraq. Iran has wanted Iraq since the 80's. Let them have it.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Yeah, I'm sure the Arab majorities would love that. Still, not a bad idea in spirit, and if the Arabs unite against Iran, then another problem solved for those afraid of Iran. Kill many birds with one nuke.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

What a load of BS.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
a reply to: EternalSolace

Yeah, I'm sure the Arab majorities would love that. Still, not a bad idea in spirit, and if the Arabs unite against Iran, then another problem solved for those afraid of Iran. Kill many birds with one nuke.

I see your point. At the same time, I'm tired of seeing us pander to the UAE and Saudi as well. We could sink the only bargaining chip they have (oil) if we wanted to. That's enough motive to leave Iran alone.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Here is a link to the story I was talking about:
Washington Examiner
edit on b000000312015-05-28T20:38:52-05:0008America/ChicagoThu, 28 May 2015 20:38:52 -0500800000015 by butcherguy because: fixed link

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What is the alternative to letting the Iraqis defend their own homeland?

Well, that would be sending Americans over to a foreign land that we just got done invading and spending more lives to secure a nation that is not even ours.

I like Obama's plan.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Is there any truth to the story flying around about the Obama administration training ISIS, and that there are released govt documents supporting the story?

Some people think the goal is the natural gas pipeline to Europe.

The Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline is one plan.

Qatar and Saudi Arabia have their own plan.

And Russia has a plan to bypass Ukraine and go through Turkey.

Russia is happy if the fighting continues as is because they get most of the sales to Europe anyway.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
And he is right.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
What is the alternative to letting the Iraqis defend their own homeland?

Well, that would be sending Americans over to a foreign land that we just got done invading and spending more lives to secure a nation that is not even ours.

I like Obama's plan.

But aren't you worried that Obama is talking in opposites?

He's done it before.

It seems the more he emphasizes something, the more it goes the other way eventually.

Watch for an unforeseen "event" to trigger a massive invasion soon.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

They cant fight we've effectively killed all their military aged men, thats why when i hear of isis take overs im not surprised they take over citys filled with women and children.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join