It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Pentagon Report: US "Created" ISIS As A "Tool" To Overthrow Syria's President Assad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

I seem to remember that war mongering skeleton of a man Mccain promoting these terrorists as friends and allies. Up is down and left is right. They need to keep the industrial military complex rolling so the economy does not collapse.

War is an industry and business is good these days.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
The document makes no mention of IS being created by the West.

No, it does not, you are correct, hence why the title has "created" and "tool" in quotation marks, because the U.S. and Western powers did not directly create IS; however, the document clearly shows that they indirectly allowed their creation for the explicit purpose of supporting and encouraging cooperation amongst opposition groups, fomenting further sectarian violence, and countering the Assad regime.

It also makes no mention of IS being supported by the West.

It states that exactly, except the Islamic State was not known by that name at the time and was in fact, created by merging AQI and ISI together.

The Islamic State

This profile divides the Islamic State’s history into three distinct periods and follows the group through several name changes. It begins with Zarqawi’s creation of the group through his death in 2006 (which roughly coincides with the group being known as JTJ and becoming AQI), continues with a period of setbacks from 2006 through 2011 (its decline as AQI), and ends with a section from 2012 to the present day as the group expands and fights in Syria and Iraq (and becomes known as ISIS or IS).
While Zarqawi’s militants formed groups that were sometimes reported as separate organizations, U.S. State Department would eventually classify them together under the name of the most prominent Zarqawi organization, Jama’at al-Tawhid wa’al-Jihad (JTJ).
In October 2004, Zarqawi came to an agreement with bin Laden and formally joined Al Qaeda, renaming his organization Tanzim Qaidat al-Jihad fi Bilad al-Rafidayn Zarqawi, more commonly known in English as Al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI).
However, many Iraqi Sunnis continued to criticize AQI for the foreign presence in its leadership and fighting forces, its attempts to impose its own radical brand of Islam on Iraqis, and its use of extreme violence. In part to brand the group as more Iraqi, Masri convinced several other groups to merge into his when he declared the establishment of the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI, although the group also continued to be known as AQI.
Meanwhile, AQI used the ongoing Syrian Civil War as a training ground and tool for expansion. In April 2013, Baghdadi announced AQI operations in Syria and changed the group’s name to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
On June 29, 2014, after significant territorial gains in Iraq and Syria, the group again changed its name, this time to the “Islamic State” (IS), declaring a Caliphate and naming its leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi the Caliph.

It does mention that the Syrian opposition forces are supported by radical groups such as Al Qaeda.

Correct.

And it does mention that the Syrian opposition is supported by the West.

Correct

That does not mean that the West supports terrorist organisations though.

Incorrect.

From the document:
Under "The General Situation"
pg. 3

A. INTERNALLY, EVENTS ARE TAKING A CLEAR SECTARIAN DIRECTION.

It is clear to the Pentagon that sectarian tension and violence was on the rise.

pg. 3

B. THE SALAFIST, THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD, AND AQI ARE THE MAJOR FORCES DRIVING THE INSURGENCY IN SYRIA

This is the opposition

pg. 3

C. THE WEST, GULF COUNTRIES, AND TURKEY SUPPORT THE OPPOSITION; WHILE RUSSIA, CHINA, AND IRAN SUPPORT THE REGIME.

We know "Salafist, Muslim Brotherhood, and AQI are the opposition because paragraph C follows paragraph B.

Under "The Future Assumption of the Crisis"
pg. 5

B. DEVELOPMENT OF THE CURRENT EVENTS INTO PROXY WAR: WITH SUPPORT FROM RUSSIA, CHINA, AND IRAN, THE REGIME IS CONTROLLING THE AREAS OF INFLUENCE ALONG COASTAL TERRITORIES (TARTUS AND LATAKIA), AND IS FIERCELY DEFENDING HOMS, WHICH IS CONSIDERED THE PRIMARY TRANSPORTATION ROUTE IN SYRIA. ON THE OTHER HAND, OPPOSITION FORCES ARE TRYING TO CONTROL THE EASTERN AREAS (HASAKA AND ER ZOR), ADJACENT TO THE WESTERN IRAQI PROVINCES (MOSUL AND ANBAR), IN ADDTION TO NEIGHBORING TURKISH BORDERS. WESTERN COUNTRIES, THE GULF STATES AND TURKEY ARE SUPPORTING THESE EFFORTS. THIS HYPOTHESIS IS MOST LIKELY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DATA FROM RECENT EVENTS, WHICH WILL HELP PREPARE SAFE HAVENS UNDER INTERNATIONAL SHELTERING, SIMILAR TO WHAT TRANSPIRED IN LIBYA WHEN BENGHAZI WAS CHOSEN AS THE COMMAND CENTER OF THE TEMPORARY GOVERNMENT.

Under "The Effects on Iraq"

C. IF THE SITUATION UNRAVELS THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF ESTABLISHING A DECLARED OR UNDECLARED SALAFIST PRINCIPALITY IN EASTERN SYRIA (HASAKA AND DER ZOR), AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE SUPPORTING POWERS TO THE OPPOSITION WANT, IN ORDER TO ISOLATE THE SYRIAN REGIME, WHICH IS CONSIDERED THE STRATEGIC DEPTH OF THE SHIA EXPANSION (IRAQ AND IRAN).

The West (the supporting powers of the opposition) explicitly wanted a Salafist Principality which began as a peaceful Sunni movement to return to the old ways of Islam and unite the Islamic world but was later hijacked by The Muslim Brotherhood which turned the movement into an extremist, jihadist, terrorist network bent on ...

pg5.

-- 1. THIS CREATES THE IDEAL ATMOSPHERE FOR AQI TO RETURN TO ITS OLD POCKETS IN MOSUL AND RAMADI, AND WILL PROVIDE A RENEWED MOMENTUM UNDER THE PRESUMPTION OF UNIFYING THE JIHAD AMONG SUNNI IRAQ AND SYRIA, AND THE REST OF THE SUNNIS IN THE ARAB WORLD AGAINST WHAT IT CONSIDERS ONE ENEMY, THE DISSENTERS. ISI COULD ALSO DECLARE AN ISLAMIC STATE THROUGH ITS UNION WITH OTHER TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS IN IRAQ AND SYRIA, WHICH WILL CREATE GRAVE DANGER IN REGARDS TO UNIFYING IRAQ AND THE PROTECTION OF ITS TERRITORY.

In other words, the West exactly wanted its support of the opposition to create a Salafist Principality, knowing the history of the Muslim Brotherhood and its ties to terrorism, AQI/ISI; would declare an Islamic State (which would be that exact Salafist Principality), that would be detrimental to Iraq's, and the regions, security as IS further unified the area and went on to challenge Shiite populations (dissenters).

Just because the US supports the main opposition, does not mean they support Al Qaeda or IS.

No, but anyone else who did the same would be charged with providing material support to a terrorist organization.

It just means that there are different entities which support the opposition for their own benefits. The US supports the opposition for different reasons as to why Al Qaeda supports it.

They have a shared goal of toppling the Assad regime and countering Irianian influence.

In fact, the document makes it entirely clear in its predictions that if any of it were to happen, it would pose a threat to regional stability and have dire consequences. It is hardly a positive outlook on things.

The document is quite clear that is exactly what the Pentagon wanted in order to counter the Syrian regime along with other Shiite "dissenters" (Iran).
edit on 5/26/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: formatting

edit on 5/26/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: spelling and grammar

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
pfft, anyone here could have painted a helicopter w/Syrian AF stripes and rolled barrel bombs of Sarin out of the doors. Nobody knows...

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Calm down my friend. We know. Our agencies are taking care of the situation.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

I seem to remember that war mongering skeleton of a man Mccain promoting these terrorists as friends and allies. Up is down and left is right. They need to keep the industrial military complex rolling so the economy does not collapse.

War is an industry and business is good these days.

He had a meeting with members of the FSA. The men he was photographed with have been identified as such.

I know it's difficult to comprehend, but ISIS and the FSA are two different groups.

edit on 26/5/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
lol is this really a shock to people? That was obvious from the start, there was no way an army like that could form over night and in turn, gain ground at such a rate, without US and/or allies of the US, behind them. Israel are the main ones behind this, I have that on good authority, but of course the US are behind them. I knew that as soon as they emerged.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretFace

Sigh

They didn't form overnight.

They took the name overnight, but that's generally how names work isn't it?

The West didn't need to create ISIS to get into Syria, they probably have more of a reason to roll the place than they did with Iraq.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
So...is our government evil?

Lets see. With unlimited money, bribes, intelligence and control of the American media and therefore, the majority of the people, who couldn't send covert individuals into someone else's home to butcher their family. Of course, these individuals would either have to be "no ones" or disguised as an "enemy". Leaving a few living victims allows them to spread the word of these butchers and the majority of America (and other countries citizens) fall in line and direct their attention to the "enemy". This continues including diversions that secure the agenda...the government is "good" and these bad guys are "evil".

But the truth is obvious. Or government has become so comfortable, believing they have this ruse down to a science that they are screwing up and the people know it. We have seen through all the lies...even though now-a-days they only lie to our faces saying "you can keep your doctor" when we KNOW it isn't the truth...and time proves us right time and time again.

So we know the problem, we know the real "evil" and we see many of the lies and liars. But WE DO NOTHING! Yes...both parties subscribe to this recurring agenda but the current administration has become so belligerent with this that I'm sure Obama has left the stage more than once laughing that "they actually believed that?".

And that is where the problem is. You won't have people dealing drugs unless you have people buying the drugs. And we are the problem. The idiots among us fall in line and believe the lies. Maybe because they are hoping for change, maybe because they wanted the first black president or will want the first woman president or maybe because they just want to keep getting their "free stuff". But the problem is within our own. And as long as those among us continue to play SYMPATHISER or ENABLER to the government...this cycle will never end.

Yes...if you believe our government is out of control, then you must believe that there are traitors in our midst.

In my humble opinion, of course.
edit on 5/26/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Ever since Isis showed up

I asked myself where do they come from, 5 minutes of digging, they came from Syria from Syrian Rebels.

And who did Syrian rebels get their money and guns from ?!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Just because it doesn’t say: we will create ISIS doesn’t mean it doesn’t imply that they are not ready and willing to create a Jihadist army in Syria and Iraq, as the document clearly says.

Perhaps one of you who thinks this document shows that the United States created DAESH can explain why this de-classified United States document consistently refer to AQI (al Qaedin in Iraq) and ISI (DAESH) as "dangerous" and a "threat?" For example, page 5:

So an unguarded border is a serious and dangerous threat? Sure sounds like a bad thing to me.

Grave danger? If the United States wanted chaos in the region, wouldn't this document use phrases like "excellent opportunity" instead of "grave danger?"

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BentBone

Ahh, no.

www.washingtoninstitute.org...

edit on 26/5/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretFace
Israel are the main ones behind this, I have that on good authority,

Awesome.
I'm not a fan of the State of Israel, but now you've gone and got me sticking up for them because of your lack of proof.

I have it on good authority that you work for ISIS.

See where I'm heading?

Prove your claim...
edit on 26-5-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Israeli F16’s Falling from the Skies over Yemen

www.veteranstoday.com...
wow the putin assad propaganda rag veterans today too...dang veterans

while slighty off topic ( yeah right like its all separate ) it just goes to show whats behind the 'official story" in the middle east
nothing new here

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Thanks for Washington links and Wikipedia edited propaganda.

I don't need any of that I do my own research !

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BentBone
a reply to: Chadwickus

Thanks for Washington links and Wikipedia edited propaganda.

I don't need any of that I do my own research !

"I don't agree with your links but I won't provide my own as a counter because I'm not sure if I trust them enough to stand up to scrutiny"

Interesting.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BentBone

Well by all means, please refute what's posted there!

I haven't used any Wikipedia links either, what are you on about?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

An ancient prophecy romanticised by ISIS militants warns of a battle between an Islamic army and an 'infidel horde' in Syria which will herald the destruction of the world.

The 1,300-year-old hadith, which is a report of the deeds, teachings and sayings of the Prophet Mohammed, refers to the 'horde' flying 80 banners as they take on a Muslim army in the Syrian town of Dabiq.

It warns of a 'malahim' - the equivalent to Armageddon in Christian teachings – in which the Muslims ultimately prevail.

[...]

Prophecy has played a role in the movement's (ISIS) ideology since its early days as Al-Qaeda in Iraq under Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.
Before Zarqawi was killed in Iraq in a U.S. airstrike in 2006 and long before his movement evolved into ISIS he was already referring to the epic battle in Dabiq.
'The spark has been ignited in Iraq, and its flames will grow until they burn the Crusader armies in Dabiq,' he once said....

ISIS has an attraction for Muslims living in western nations...this prophetic angle is a top notch recruitment tool... made known through Zarqawi but put into top drawer usage since the 'Caliphate' was born

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... -brutal-killers.html#ixzz3bFEjti96

however... ISIS is totally Not the predicted Islamic Mahdi Army of Muslims, which the fighters think it is... the true Mahdi Army of Muslims will come later when the Sunni Caliphate in Turkey or the Shia Caliphate in Persia either unite of battle for supremacy during which time the Saudi house gets replaced
edit on th31143264216026092015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

You know is funny that here in ATs this has been debated since our President decided to arm rebels in the middle east to fight Syria's president.

It so clear and it was not a conspiracy, our government had handle the middle east to rebels now known as Isis and the Muslim Brotherhood.

Why it took so long to get it,? I know, people need written prove first.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
ISIS are masters of blackmail and propaganda. If the U.S. Created them then as soon as Obama took out their first leader we would have been hearing and seeing media on Twitter embarrassing the U.S. Government.

Someone sponsored them in that power vacuum but this Article is proof of nothing. Hell I don't think half the people that replied here even read it.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

www.globalresearch.ca...

Well known anti American media source...have something a bit more credible?

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Another anti West media source...no need to ask again, look up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join