It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guide to the FLAT EARTH

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

The time lapses are interesting - if they were really taken with a fish-eye lens to make the horizon curved, the parts of the ISS visible in some of the video segments would be distorted - but they are not. I could wish for a full orbit video, however...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Also I like to keep a very open mind regarding all theories and ideas people have regarding all topic.

As the saying goes, don't keep it so open your brain falls out. To attempt to have a discussion on the ludicrous idea that the earth is flat as a vessel for discussing the lies that TPTB tell us is ridiculous. Then to question whether people that disagree have really seen the earth from space all the while suggesting that you don't personally believe the earth is flat, but are open to the possibility makes you look, frankly kind of juvenile.

I haven't seen the snow in Russia, but I am certain it is white.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
People still believe the Earth is flat? Really? Really?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon
Hello ATS

I know the subject of the flat earth theory has been talked about many times on ATS, what I would like to bring to the topic is a new 12 video series done by YouTube member markksargent

I think some off his videos bring some very good questions and points up.

To start this off take a look at his first video which is more of an introduction.

Guide to the FLAT EARTH

Summary from the video

An introductory guide to the Flat Earth movement,
starting with the Copernicus theory in 1514, false
confirmation in 1957, and the extraordinary lengths
that the world leaders have taken in order to keep
their power.

Now I am not saying the earth is flat, but what I will say is that the PTB, have lied so many times it is very hard to know what is true and what is not.

So now I try to just educate myself on as many theories as possible be it mainstream or not.

In his videos though he does seem to bring up some great points, for example if you take a look at part 7 he bring up some interesting points, regarding the GPS system etc and if anyone is interested is worth looking into.

FLAT EARTH Clues Part 7 - Long Haul

Summary of the video

Part of a series on the clues that guide you to the
Flat Earth. This clue looks into a topic I only
glanced at in the original guide, which are
commercial flights in the Southern hemisphere, or in
the flat earth model, the land masses closest to the
outer ring. The flights are all wrong.

I would advise anyone which has an open mind to look at all the videos and form your own conclusions.

Playlist all 12 videos

The most frustrating part for me, is that I don't have the means to actually check out any off these claims myself physically, I would love to goto the south pole and see for myself, and also it would seem even if i did have the resources to do so, governments would block me to be able to explorer this planet we live on.

Which then leaves one with the question why?

Enjoy

Peace

Thank you for your brave post. You are going to have a very hard time of it if you think that ATS is still a place where you can present controversial information and get fellow ATSers to look at it and have an scientific and intelligent conversation about the "information" and why it may seem valid but when veiwed from another angle will yield a completely different result.

You will however succeed in showing how much ATS has changed and you may also show that people hold tightly to their beliefs once they have been established. For some people, to have to come face to face with a lie that supports the foundation that their lives are built on, is not only devastating, but creates a mentally traumatic event from which they may never recover.

Being an old fart and coming from a family that includes almost every color in the rainbow, and through blood, location or friendships has interacted intimately with every commonly know culture on our planet, I have come to accept that all that we know it what we have been told. What you "believe" is your "choice".

Three things " I" believe.
1. There is nothing new under the sun.
2. Nothing is forever constant, everything changes, nothing last forever except the "elements", the basic ingredients of the primordial soup.

3. I could be wrong.

I won't get a chance to fully read a view your post until much later. Not sure I will participate further. I try not to keep threads alive that i think is beneath what I would like to see ATS become again. Maybe we need a new forum at ATS that goes a few steps beyond what RATS was supposed to do. May ATS needs another board level. Below, Above, Really Above and Actually Above.

But for my measely two cents. "I" "believe" the earth is "not" a ball, it is not round. I think this why the evidence mak es it look like it is flat, and at other angles round. The earth is an Ovid. It is not pretty to look at from some, but I think "all" the evidence supports it.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
All those who can refute everything with science, please show us.

Where is all your proof of what is being said is real?

Show me the math?

All talk no action.

If you don't want to, then why come here in the first place to complain?
edit on 29-3-2015 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Thanks for the kind words.

Nothing brave about posting some information on a forum :-)

As I have stated my main reason was just to present some new videos concerning the flat earth theory which I found interesting and that i thought others might as well who might find this topic interesting and worth looking at.

As I have said, it is not always about what we believe, but also looking at all the information what one can be it wrong or right.

I see many holes in the flat earth theory but i also see many in the globe theory as well, and there is many questions which I am still looking for the answer too.

So any informtion I can get I will look at no matter what others say, as i won't be bullied or pushed into a believe purely based on what others believe.

peace.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I watched the vids in the OP and then some more. It really does seem like some epic trolling. The one thing that keeps nagging at the back of my mind is the earth pics from outer space. If the Earth is an oblate spheroid, why isn't it shown that way in alleged pictures taken from far outside the atmosphere? Seriously, every single pic found online shows the Earth as a perfect sphere. Where are all of the pics showing the Earth's 'actual' shape?
edit on 3/29/2015 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: (no reason given)

ETA: Ok, I found this but there is no way to tell if it has been modified:

source
edit on 3/29/2015 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: added pic

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

I could wish for a full orbit video, however...

Here you go...

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

I have asked the same questions as well.

One would think that with all the missions we have had off planet over the last 60 years, the Internet would be flooded with REAL pictures off our planet, not artist impressions, or a few stitched together photos.

i believe though I might be wrong, there is one 1 official picture that shows all off our planet in one shot that has been presented by NASA and i think that was from one off the Apollo missions.

We seem to have 1000's off pictures of other planets, astriods, moons etc in our system, but very few pictures off the actual planet we live on.

Also you point about all the pictures show a perfect sphere, I have wondered that myself.

peace

EDIT

I believe that picture is from one off the apollo missions and was taken from the film footage.

Good luck.

edit on 29/3/2015 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TheDon

You do realize that you can go out and prove the world is round by yourself right? Look out across the ocean, ever wonder why you can't see the coast of the continent across the ocean? It's because you are looking at the curvature of the earth as you gaze across the ocean. Keep in mind that we are able to see stars billions of light years away from us in the sky, so being able to see the coast across the ocean should be no problem for our eyes.

OK, how would one explain these 2 videos?

Because based on what Wikipedia has to say about the Horizon and what can be viewed should we not be seeing a curve?
Horizon - Wikipedia

Thanks

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

OK, how would one explain these 2 videos?

First one...your looking at a flat map not a flat Earth.

Second video is truly just non sense.

Here read this...

Top 10 Ways to Know the Earth is Not Flat

www.smarterthanthat.com...

www.physlink.com...

www.phy6.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

That is your opinion nothing more. You showed no argument at all regarding the videos, you just dismissed them.

Which makes me think you did not even look at the videos in full.

I presented 2 videos, which were an experiment, with locations and distances shown, and based on the maths regarding the curvature of the earth shown here Horizon - Wikipedia

Why are we not seeing a dip over the distances? that was the question.

Either way you off course can have your opinion, but your reply does not answer the question.

edit on 29/3/2015 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have to applaud you for making this thread.
Me and a few mates have been following Mark Sargent for a few weeks now because what he is presenting is fascinating.
I`m no flat earther.....far from it but i`ve been waiting for someone to make a thread about Marks work ( because i wouldn't have the guts ) because as you say, this stuff he`s presenting is really interesting !
Especially the flights from the southern hemisphere.....not sure if i fully get it but i tried to window shop a flight from Sydney to Buenos Aries and i had to stop off in San Francisco....doubling the distance.

It`s a pity most of the people who`ve replied to you in this thread obviously haven`t watched the 12 videos and listened to his interviews. That`s the problem on here nowadays. You post something you find interesting. Share it, then get hammered as a believer.
I do find it strange that we haven't really got many photos of the Earth with all the Moon missions that took place.

It always comes to why would governments or NASA lie to us about it ?
Who would benefit ?

Doesn't matter if you believe in the flat earth or not. It`s worth the look.
Why come to ATS if you're just going to look at titles of threads and give an opinion without actually watching whats been presented. I used to love the way people would dissect a thread and come back with their findings. You don't see much of that on here now.
He`s not the only one looking into it. I was shocked to see so much stuff out there and some of it`s pretty good.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambros56
.....not sure if i fully get it but i tried to window shop a flight from Sydney to Buenos Aries and i had to stop off in San Francisco....doubling the distance.

I just checked the Qantas website and you can get a flight from Sydney to Buenos Aries with a stop in Santiago, Chile.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lambros56

Thank you

No guts were needed to make this thread
, it is just a forum nothing more.

I find it a very interesting subject and i think this Mark does a good job presenting the flat earth theory, better than most out there for sure. The fact that you can even ring the guy up says alot as well.

Many people find it very hard to question there believes, that is why the replies to this thread look like they do, even though not once have i said I believe in the flat earth theory, I just want to share some information that I find intresting on my path off research, which has been a very long one.

So many questions, and so many lies out there, it is tough road.

Peace.

EDIT

Forgot to add, regarding the long haul, Part 9 i believe,he has not got that all correct you can track flights below the southern hemisphere, I believe you can see this on Flightaware. But just because 1 thing is wrong does not mean he is wrong about everything else.

edit on 29/3/2015 by TheDon because: add link to flightaware

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

If the Earth is an oblate spheroid, why isn't it shown that way in alleged pictures taken from far outside the atmosphere?

How oblate do you think it is? The diameter at the poles is only about 26 miles less than at the equator.

edit on 29-3-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: wrote poles again instead of equator

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Anybody remember sounding rockets? Here's where the name comes from, from Wiki:

"The origin of the term comes from nautical vocabulary to sound, which is to throw a weighted line from a ship into the water to measure the water's depth. The term itself has its etymological roots in the Italian/Spanish and French words for probe, which are "sonda" and "sonde", respectively. Sounding in the rocket context is equivalent to taking a measurement."

Given what Mark Sargent says, is it possible that those rockets are/were being used to probe the height and extent of his cosmic dome? This would be sounding in reverse of the nautical usage, btw.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I don't even have to watch the two videos to debunk them. Just looking at the still screen of the second video you can see storm clouds that drop below the horizon. If there were a flat earth, the clouds and the ocean would never connect no matter how far out you viewed.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i think some people are so desperate to believe in something that makes the complex seem simple to them (ie - spheroid vs flat) that they will believe anything that explains what they *think* their eyes see.

I just dont understand it.

Get a balloon + camera, launch , retrieve, watch video for yourself
get on an aeroplane, look out window
Watch the stars move at night
look at the horizon., do the clouds meet the ground?
go to the top of a tall building on a clear day

There are SO many things that you can do for yourself that prove the earth is not flat, why do you disbelieve the clear, obvious evidence? Why must you question established, provable science on even the most obvious things?

Not everyone int he world is out to deceive you. some of you are deceiving yourself

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So I found some information what refected your suggestion, and by someone that more than likely would do a better job and myself at documenting what they are doing, and you don't even need to look at them to debunk them.

Hmm, pretty much says it all.

Thanks for nothing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join