It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pesticide Lobbyist Refuses To Drink Glyphosate After Claiming It’s Safe To Drink

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I had to share this video with my fellow ATS members. Talk about "gotcha" journalism, this interviewer caught this lobbyist with his pants down. Now this is my kind of journalist! Maybe if more journalists were bold enough like this guy, politicians and government officials would think twice before lying to the public.

Just a quick summary into this 43 second interview. This Doctor is claiming the active ingredient in Roundup "Glyphosate", isn't harmful. He said you can drink a whole quart of it, and it won't hurt you! The journalist calls him out on it and tells him they have a bottle in the back if he's willing to drink it! Ha, Ha, Ha, watch this fool try to wiggle out of this! He than stops the interview and calls the journalist a complete jerk!

We'll after watching the interview, you'll see that the doctor is the real jerk.

edit on 3/26/2015 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

+31 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Not willing to put his mouth where his mouth is. Saying the stuff is perfectly safe, then saying he won't drink it because 'I'm not an idiot' kind of gives the game away. Poison comes in glossy packages sometimes, and this guys glossy veneer fell away quickly.

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Bwaahhaaa!

Try lawyering your way out of that offer. Great video. Needs to go viral

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Great video. Needs to go viral!

Made me think of this-

Erin Brockovich: Hey Scott, Tell me something. Does PG&E pay you to cover their ass, or do you just do it out of the kindness of your heart?

Scott: I don't know what you're talking about...

Erin Brockovich: The f*#+ you don't! People are dying, Scott, you've got document after document here telling you why, and you haven't said one word. I wanna know... How the hell you sleep at night!

I don't know how these people sleep at night, but I'm not a psychopath, so I have no insight.

edit on 26-3-2015 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
How much more will people put up with this foolishness? It would just take one fierce boycott....

That's it. We need a thread on products and brands connected to Monsanto.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

There was just one earlier today...Ill see if I can still find it
Here you go compliments of Caledona (spelling): www.whydontyoutrythis.com... thats the list ogf GMO foods
edit on 26-3-2015 by BlueJacket because: adding content

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Well the guy is an idiot, and I'm not sure of the point of this thread?

Are you trying to suggest that because of one idiot, it proves glyphosate will kill you?

Of course it will if the dosage is high enough, even water will kill you if you drink too much!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Well the guy has decades of empirical "scientific" studies proving that it is safe, so why would he not make this comment!!

LOL

Even with all of that the logic of its toxicity is overwhelming!

I love how he tried to spin it on the guy for not talking about rice!

This video is priceless

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Yes well its effects are cumulative so when your entire environment is loaded with glycophosphate, perhaps a problem with "dosage" could rear its ugly head..you know ground water. Farmers destroy their well water all the time with excess nitrates etc.. sadly there isnt an FDA test for Glycophosphate or perhaps we would have a far clearer picture of the size of this beast.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

That's it. We need a thread on products and brands connected to Monsanto.

Sure thing.

I give you:

"Monsanto Mammogram. 'Cause you'll need one after eating our crap"

"Glyphosate, the new "G" thing"

"DuPont...putting the D in Death"

"BASF - bringing the BS to plate near you"

Brand away...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Aha what a piece of work.

If he won't drink a whole quart of it that he claims to be safe, then it is apparently not safe to drink(doesn't mention death but rather failed suicide rate) that much because he won't ingest it. Point is that he lied.

Monsanto it under fire lately elsewhere as they are ruled to pay $600K in fines for not reporting chemical releases at a plant.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket Thanks!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

That was an awesome video. You have proof right there that this stuff is dangerous, but it is okay for the rest of us to have this poison in our food, water and air.

This is a bigger issue to the environment than climate change. Both sides of the aisle should be able to agree this poison needs to be banned.
edit on 2015/3/26 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow Hahaha! Monsanto Mammogram! That makes me wonder if they are in cancer pharmaceuticals.

It's evil: Give everyone cancer, then charge them insane amounts for treatment.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Just to play devil's advocate... if someone I didn't know handed me a bottle of something I couldn't readily identify, I wouldn't drink it, either.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Glyphosate is an irritant had he drank it his body would have a reaction. Might be minor a soar throat or could cause his esophagus to close. But than again people can have the same reaction from any irritant taken in large dosages. people will survive drinking a glass as long as their do by reaction to an irritant is minor. Also like to point out Monsanto is not the only one to produce this. So turning it into a hit piece is silly. But that being said anyone who thinks drinking an herbacide giving you an exposure millions of times more than they could ever get through spraying and not expect damage is crazy.

But I get it companies like Bayer, Dow AgroSciences, Du Pont, Cenex/Land O’Lakes, Helena, Monsanto, Platte, Riverside/Terra, and Zeneca are evil and trying to kill us right? Oh and you are aware this is an acid found in nature it's not man made. It was just shown this acid is able to inhibit photosynthesis in plant meaning they starve.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

this thread has some good info in it ...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Deliberate ingestion of Roundup in quantities ranging from 85 to 200 ml (of 41% solution) has resulted in death within hours of ingestion
en.wikipedia.org...

I sure wouldn't drink it and I would never say it can be consumed to anyone, especially people who know about the chemical.

The guy is an idiot and he should not be employed by that company if he says something so stupid. I am sure that some people might be able to tolerate it better than others, but I sure wouldn't want to try drinking any of it. Evidently the guy doesn't back up the lies that he makes.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

What a douche bag...starts by saying you can drink a whole quart of it and it is harmless but will not drink it himself....LOL.....money is always more important than health.....reminds me of this episode of the simpsons ...

sorry the quality is awful..it is all i could find...and it wont embed for some reason...here is the link...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-3-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Hmm I dont think you have alot of experience in farming. one cup of glyphosphate= 8oz

one large farm sprayer= 1200 gallons 230 gallons a minute
www.deere.com...

So exactly how does this glass even come close to somparing to what ACTUALLY gets dumped on our fields? Now lets see how fast does a Sprayer travel while spreading 230 gallons per minute? High Capacity
The new R4045 features a 346 hp. Final Tier 4 PowerTech PSS 9.0 liter engine with four-wheel hydrostatic drive that can operate at 25 mph spraying/spreading

Now theres 43,560 square feet in an acre, theres 5280 feet in a mile ok so whats that 8 miles?

Are you following the math? they are dumping swimming pools of this CRAP all over the place..come on! a Glass doesnt really do more than serve as a visual aid, beside its fun watching the lawyer guy squirm because he knows he is lying.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join