It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the apostle Paul a wolf in sheep's clothing?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AlmostRosey

Rosey good enough I'd say. Elegantly displayed. Paul was an agent and he did all in his power to intimidate and force the early church in under his rule, away from the people whom he killed. Saint Stephen our Crown was not just any man, he was the bishop of one of the original churches of Asia Minor. Paul evidently killed him, it's one of the first things that happens in Acts of the Apostles— and later Paul instructs his surviving ecclesia to diverge from the teachings of the Lord in his letters, and to follow Paul's words as laws and instructions instead.
edit on 12-3-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks
...Then he "saw the light" during the event on the road to Damascus---he was given a revelation of truth regarding Christ.

A critically overlooked piece that exposes Paul for who he is. Yahushua warned us that if someone says that they saw him in the desert, don't believe them. The road to Damascus just happens to be in the Syrian desert and Paul is the only person who has claimed to see Yahushua in the desert. Paul also claimed to communicate with Yahushua in the Secret Chambers. Yahushua warned again that anyone making that claim should be avoided. Again, Paul is the only one.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lyyhtsource

Paul got drunk on bad liquer, saw the light and went blind, only way to treat it is by getting just enough ethanol to regain the vision. Jesus intended to blind him forever, but Paul knew where Jesus' guys where, and they were experts at producing liquer for medical reasons, so he raided them, got well, and later at Crete, Paul meets with Elimas the son of Jesus, and Paul calls him son of the Devil, and blinds him with what was left of his bad liquer. What a lovely chap they worship.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thank you for your post. It is refreshing to see that there are brave souls out there not afraid to speak up.
I think you would be interested to know that Lev Tolstoy agreed completely with you, as do I.

"Love One Another"
www.marxists.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   
In merely three verses—2Timothy 2:16-18—Pharisee Paul succeeded quite brilliantly in turning the Teaching of Jesus upside down.

In merely three verses, Pharisee Paul wiped away the crucifixion as if it had never happened; thereby, not coincidentally, absolving the Pharisees of all responsibility for his death.

In merely three verses, Pharisee Paul brilliantly succeeded in shifting the responsibility for the death of Jesus away from the Pharisaical Jewish priesthood—because of its lies about the Revelation and Doctrine of “the resurrection”; and the threat posed to their pride, their wealth and their power by the Doctrine that he taught—to the Jewish people as the “children of the devil” (And it will not be the last time that a religious establishment will demonstrate its willingness to sacrifice the lives of its followers for its own self-preservation; the “time of trouble” still being in the future); a perspective that has been propagated by Christian anti-Semites ever since, resulting in the deaths of how many millions of Jews? (But even the ADL is absolutely uninterested.)

In merely three verses, Pharisee Paul transformed the Teaching of Jesus into, literally, a Christo-Satanism which resulted in the slaughter of at least tens of millions of people since the writing of that teaching; in Crusades, wars and persecutions of Christian racism and imperialism, Inquisitions, witch burning, inter-religious wars and persecutions, etc. etc. etc.

In merely three verses, Satanist Paul succeeded in transforming this planet into a hell world.

And, two thousand years later, there is not even so much as one Christian—not even so much as one person who claims (incredibly) to love Jesus—who is at all horrified at what Paul did to his Teaching.

[And, by the way, there is no “inscription” (2Timothy 2:19) on the “stone that the builders rejected” (Matthew 21:42-44); which symbolizes the Knowledge Revealed through the Vision of the “Son of man” and the Revelation of “the resurrection”; a Knowledge which, when it falls upon ‘god of the dead’ (Luke 20:38) metaphysical Christian idolatry, ‘grinds it into powder’.]

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus says that whoever hears his words but does not put them into practice is like someone who builds a house with no foundation.

Well, that's the Holy Roman Church of St Peter and the Vatican well and truly fecked given their antics and the existence of recorded history, so there is that.
edit on 22-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   
But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. And falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" And he said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do." The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank. Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am, Lord." And the Lord said to him, "Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight." But Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem. And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name." But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name." So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit." And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized; and taking food, he was strengthened. For some days he was with the disciples at Damascus. (Acts 9:1-19 ESV)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Sounds good to me.

If you do evil, even a little evil.
you will see you can get away with it.
and like chiled you will see as long as no
one catches you or they are like you.
you can do as you will.

so you slowly become totaly evil.
like a seed it grows into a grate evil tree.

And if you are cought you come up with all kinds of excuses.
and blame every one but your self.

a exsample,
at school you see others bullying and see it as fun and self empowering.
so you to start doing it to.
and you see other children steal then do the same.
The School turns a blind eye to All of this.

Becuse they Condone this behaviour!
a exsample,
a top football player rapes a girl at school.
he should go to jail for 5>! years be band
from that school and ALL of it made public.

it is All kept quiet and he gets only a little punishment.
you dont kill the goose thet lays the rotten gold eggs.

Then he gose on to be the President of America.
a shining example to everyone else !

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   
ONE word: YES! Saulus were blinded pby Jesus for persuing him. Saulus then rush off with his chained convicts behind, to Crete where the son of Jesus lived and worked as magi carrying the name Eli "Elymas" Barjesus alongside magistrator Sergius Paulus, descendent to æ the coup makers who attemted to assasin the emperor Augustus during the time for the turn of the ages.Saul seeing Eli was Jesu son had him blinded— an eye for an eye— Sergius fell upon his knees offering his birthrights, his name if Saul would be kind to restore Eli's vision. After that Saul the bountyhunter presented himself with Paulus that would bring him priveledges

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   
How do you feel about the disciple Peter and the letters he wrote?
2nd line.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It is my personal interpretation that Paul knows he's a sinner, feels guilt, and can't get past the guilt without God. We all know this from his story and his name change from Saul. It's a beacon to the striving and struggling followers. It speaks to the message of salvation. He went from an evil life to one of promoting a righteous path.

I mean, probably. Maybe. Could be.

I don't know. Never met the guy.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: HamiltonME

You be half way there. Why did the Jews recognize Paul as the Egyptian in Acts 21:38.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: HamiltonME

You be half way there. Why did the Jews recognize Paul as the Egyptian in Acts 21:38.

They didn't. That was a statement/accusation by a Roman commander.
A Gentile, not a Jew.
Paul is being accused on this post of being a wolf in sheep's clothing. How do people feel about Jesus' right hand man, Peter?

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: isaielmikel

I want to read more about this, could you share any links related to this story?

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I had never heard the tale of people claiming Paul was evil until recently. Not too long ago, I saw a post on Craigslist for my local area; someone was looking for people to do a Bible study with. I messaged them, and they began to give me words to search for on eSword. They seemed very vague and gave me cult-like vibes. I eventually came out and asked them where this so-called "Bible study" was headed. They were dead set against answering me on that; they kept pushing for me to dig deeper to reveal some sort of "truth." Eventually I was like, Hey, I'm not the brightest bulb in the hallway, you're going to have to just tell me what this is about. They pretty much laid out how they believed Paul was the antichrist, and they emailed me a book with their so-called "proofs." Needless to say, that Bible study was over. I ran for the hills. So, fast forward to today, and I come across this thread. It's truly heartbreaking to see that this slander against Paul is proliferating so much. What a time we are living in. It's definitely a clown world, that's for sure.

posted on May, 20 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kristaok

The slander against Paul happens a lot because he is one of the most prolific writers in the Bible that exposes the agenda and modus operandi of "the ruler of this world" (John 12:31) a.k.a. "the god of this system of things" (2 Cor 4:4) and all his human and spirit pawns (1 Tim 4:1,2), in great detail, in a manner that can be verified by anyone who takes him and the source of his information and teachings (God), seriously on this matter. As well as how masses of people are deceived and 'duped', so to speak, by these. Along with advice on how to prevent that from happening and not becoming a part of the problem (usually because of believing the lies and falling for their "cunning in deceptive schemes" and then spreading or promoting them further, or covering for those described at 1 Tim 4:1,2). For example:

2 Corinthians 4:3-9

If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination* [Or “light.”] of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. 5 For we are preaching, not about ourselves, but about Jesus Christ as Lord and ourselves as your slaves for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God is the one who said: “Let the light shine out of darkness,” and he has shone on our hearts to illuminate them with the glorious knowledge of God by the face of Christ.

7 However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the power beyond what is normal may be God’s and not from us. 8 We are hard-pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out;* [Or possibly, “but not left in despair.”] we are persecuted, but not abandoned; we are knocked down, but not destroyed.

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3,4)

“So we should no longer be children, tossed about as by waves and carried here and there by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in deceptive schemes.” (Ephesians 4:14)

“And stop being molded by this system of things,* [ Or “this age.”] but be transformed by making your mind over, so that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” (Romans 12:2)

“Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;” “We have much to say about him, and it is difficult to explain, because you have become dull in your hearing. For although by now* [Lit., “in view of the time.”] you should be teachers, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God, and you have gone back to needing milk, not solid food. For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment* [Or “their perceptive powers.”] trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” (Col 2:8; Hebrews 5:11-14)

“However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, whose conscience is seared as with a branding iron.” (1 Timothy 4:1,2).

Knowledge (Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2)

Knowledge (gno'sis) is put in a very favorable light in the Christian Greek Scriptures. However, not all that men may call “knowledge” is to be sought, because philosophies and views exist that are “falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1Ti 6:20) ...
... Thus Paul wrote about some who were learning (taking in knowledge) “yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge [...] of truth.” (2Ti 3:6, 7)

“... having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power and from these turn away. From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.” (2Ti 3:5-7)

“Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called ‘knowledge.’ By making a show of such knowledge, some have deviated from the faith.

May the undeserved kindness be with you.” (1Ti 6:20,21)

How does God view the “wisdom” offered by human philosophy?

1 Cor. 1:19-25: “It is written: ‘I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectual men I will shove aside.’ Where is the wise man? Where the scribe? Where the debater of this system of things? Did not God make the wisdom of the world foolish? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not get to know God, God saw good through the foolishness [as it appears to the world] of what is preached to save those believing. . . . Because a foolish thing of God [as the world views it] is wiser than men, and a weak thing of God [as the world may see it] is stronger than men.” (Such a viewpoint on God’s part is certainly not arbitrary or unreasonable. He has provided in the Bible, the most widely circulated book in the world, a clear statement of his purpose. He has sent his witnesses to discuss it with all who will listen. How foolish for any creature to think that he has wisdom greater than that of God!)

Source: Philosophy (Reasoning From the Scriptures)

And some advice now:

“Make sure of the more important things.”—PHIL. 1:10.

“Do not treat prophecies with contempt. Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine.” (1 Thessalonians 5:20,21)

“But let God be found true, even if every man be found a liar.” (Romans 3:4)

Paul also says the following concerning true Christians (disciples of Christ):

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare* [“We do not wage warfare.” Lit., “we are not doing military service.” ...; Lat., non . . . mi·li·ta'mus.] according to what we are in the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God;” (2 Cor 10:3-5)

Also not something "the ruler of this world" and all his pawns or minions would like people to be reminded of. Especially not those who like to think of themselves as Christians but see no issues with voting for a politician or political party that increases military expenditures and promotes military service as a noble service to your country, and the military as a vital and necessary part of a nation, in the defense of freedom, rights, security and even peace (as the arguments usually go, cause who doesn't want those things).

“A careful review of all the information available goes to show that, until the time of Marcus Aurelius [121-180 C.E.], no Christian became a soldier; and no soldier, after becoming a Christian, remained in military service.” (The Rise of Christianity, by E. W. Barnes, 1947, p. 333) “It will be seen presently that the evidence for the existence of a single Christian soldier between 60 and about 165 A.D. is exceedingly slight; . . . up to the reign of Marcus Aurelius at least, no Christian would become a soldier after his baptism.” (The Early Church and the World, by C. J. Cadoux, 1955, pp. 275, 276) “In the second century, Christianity . . . had affirmed the incompatibility of military service with Christianity.” (A Short History of Rome, by G. Ferrero and C. Barbagallo, 1919, p. 382) “The behavior of the Christians was very different from that of the Romans. . . . Since Christ had preached peace, they refused to become soldiers.” (Our World Through the Ages, by N. Platt and M. J. Drummond, 1961, p. 125) “The first Christians thought it was wrong to fight, and would not serve in the army even when the Empire needed soldiers.” (The New World’s Foundations in the Old, by R. and W. M. West, 1929, p. 131) “The Christians . . . shrank from public office and military service.” (Editorial introduction to “Persecution of the Christians in Gaul, A.D. 177,” in The Great Events by Famous Historians, edited by R. Johnson, 1905, Vol. III, p. 246) “While they [the Christians] inculcated the maxims of passive obedience, they refused to take any active part in the civil administration or the military defence of the empire. . . . It was impossible that the Christians, without renouncing a more sacred duty, could assume the character of soldiers, of magistrates, or of princes.”—The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, by Edward Gibbon, Vol. I, p. 416.
edit on 20-5-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

originally posted by: Saylesie17
a reply to: TheJourney
human beings are incapable of doing anything other than war, greed and every other crazy thing that is man.

God created human beings.
Human beings are all evil, incapable of doing anything other than war, greed and every other crazy thing that is man.
Ergo, God #ed up in creation...

If you create something which is incapable of doing good, only able to be evil, you #ed up.

Like a vaccine that doesn’t vaccinate? Sometimes the creation of evil is not a # up 🤷🏽‍♂️

posted on May, 20 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Besides, people are quite capable of doing good (as well). As even those most hard done by, by this system of things and its ruler and god and all his human and spirit pawns, slaves, minions or deceived victims (the latter being manipulated and conditioned to follow an evil course or procedures that can be manipulated to be in accordance with the agenda of the ruler of this world), will occasionally experience as well.

Otherwise, this advice by Paul at Romans 12:17-21 would be moot:

Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. 18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men. 19 Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: “‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay,’ says Jehovah.” 20 But “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head.” 21 Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.

So the key is to never give up on doing that last bolded sentence. No matter the amount of evil one has to endure (which is different for everyone but there are repeating patterns and tactics that are used on whole groups of people, to put them under pressure to do evil in return, such as those civilians suffering in Palestine or Ukraine now, slowly being conditioned to feel resentment and want revenge, a new generation of victims to fuel the flames for the future and to support the idea of violent resistance in the fight for freedom, human rights, security or the sovereignty of a nation).

posted on May, 20 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Absolutely.

As it says in your quoted text give your enemy food and drink; pile coals on his head.

Intent matters.

One man’s mercy is another mans torment.

a reply to: whereislogic

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join