It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch What This Homeless Man Does With $100

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
In light of all the bad news and chaos worldwide, this story actually made me smile.

I hope it brings some joy to those who are feeling down, and out during the holiday season.

Peace and love,

RT

myfox8.com...

edit on 24-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

"victim of circumstance"

Pretty much spot on, there are so many things in life that are simply beyond our control, how anyone can judge people for this is beyond me. Cool video IF ITS REAL, hope it is, youtube views and ad moneyz. have did funny things to people these days sadly.

edit on 24-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

"victim of circumstance"

Pretty much spot on, there are so many things in life that are simply beyond our control, how anyone can judge people for this is beyond me. Cool video IF ITS REAL, hope it is, youtube views and ad moneyz. have did funny things to people these days sadly.

Yes it's real. I forgot to put the link to the action news story associated with it.

Here's the link and I also embedded it in the OP too.

myfox8.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

there is still hope for the human race....thx so much for sharing....amazing that those with little give the most....

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this.

My husband and I lost everything we had once. I've never shared that here but want to now. We didn't lose it because we were lazy, we lost it all because we lost IT ALL. We lost a child almost 15 years ago and several months after that my husband started to quit functioning. He lost his will to do anything and everything as depression was overwhelming him. He lost his job in the process and he couldn't hold himself together long enough to get one until it was far too late.

We lost our vehicles, we lost our townhouse, we lost everything.

Fortunately we had family that took us in for almost 2 years while we tried to rebuild ourselves and our resources enough to get back out there. If it had not been for them, we could have EASILY been homeless with our other daughter in tow.

There but for the Grace of God go I is a saying that crosses my mind far more frequently now then it did so many years ago.

We could all wind up this way and those of us who forget it are doing a disservice to ourselves.

Thank you again for sharing this. I hope many more will see it and realize not everyone chooses that lifestyle. There are those that weren't/aren't fortunate enough to have family to step up when their world has crumbled.

It's the spirit of giving that is the main point because none of us really knows where it goes once it's gone. We can only give in the hope that it will be used appropriately. I'm glad to see that some have not become so jaded and cynical as others and I'm even more glad that some were taught a lesson here about how our assumptions can indeed make us asses.

This does my heart heart good and I know that many people give it's just sad that there are so few times we get to witness it's incredible impact.
edit on 12/24/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

No one should ever outlive their children. I sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing your story too.

People seem to be quick to judge others, but we never know what battles they are personally fighting and enduring.

Hugs to you,

RT

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Thank you for posting this heart felt message of love.

I hope it stirs in others this "Spirit of Giving" to the poor.

We are put here on this planet to help one another, not kill one another.

S&F

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I cant put into words how that made me feel, I must have something in my eyes though as they are slightly watering haha
Occasionally I see or hear about an act of generosity or selflessness that inspires me, this was one of those times.
Right now I dont have much but what I do have Im going to go out and try and do something good for someone.

Imagine how great the world would be if everyone was like this all the time.
Im gonna head off now and see what I can do, the feeling of watching stuff like this and doing similar things myself is quite possibly the best feeling in the world.

EDIT: does the fact Im not really doing this selflessly and merely to hold onto to a euphoric feeling make it selfish?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

This made my day when I saw this earlier.

At our core, we are naturally giving and loving.

As they say your possessions inevitably own you, I suppose this makes a case for that, for this man has none and he acts selflessly!

It is a very thought provoking video, as soon as he went into the liquor store, the cynics immediately scoffed. Good on that kid for following through and learning a lesson in love!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Thanks op

Great just great , makes me very happy and hope he gets a break .

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

EDIT: does the fact Im not really doing this selflessly and merely to hold onto to a euphoric feeling make it selfish?

Lol

When you phrase it like that, I suppose it is selfish.

However if it is something you find yourself doing because it feels right then you have transcended both selflessly/selfish and are simply being you!

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amWednesday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Yes it does make it selfish if you're doing it for the 'high'. That aside, every act of kindness can be seen by some as inherently selfish. It depends how you look at it. Whether it's to gain entry to heaven, or make themselves feel better - some would say that's selfish. Chasing a 'high' though, it sounds like an addiction! That would be the best addiction in the world to have, helping people.

If you watched this and did nothing, that's selfish too. But the fact is you're about to do, at least some, good. That, in and of itself, is never a bad thing. You're always going to have those with little hearts try to tell you that you can't make a difference or "they'll only spend it on booze". I say these people should spend a month on the streets themselves. See how they speak after it.

The man in the video is richer in life than most of us. Says something eh.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
the biggest surprise would be to find out this wasn't staged

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Homeless folks take care of each other... With the other hundred he got I'll bet he got dope and booze.... But that's his business

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
the biggest surprise would be to find out this wasn't staged

it is all a matter of perspective.....if you have such little faith in people that you believe that is staged that is the path that you are on........i personally would like to believe in good and good is in all of us.....you create your own path my young badwan

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

If only many of the very rich would donate to projects which are designed to start these homeless people up again.

To name a few of such projects they can donate to.... uhhh... Help me out here?

I likesd the vid, great message for everyone.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Thanks for a great thread.

I have always believed in the goodness of ordinary people and this guy absolves me of sentimentality and hopelessness.

Mankind is by nature decent and wants to help the neighbour, its a pity that those in power are the 1% of psychos of humanity ( I don't care who dislikes this analogy) but Icke's reptiles in corporations, banks and government seems a good explanation as to their characters)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
If all the homeless were like him it would be a better world...

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

NO if all the selfish "insert your choice of a vicious string of expletives" who run this planet were more like him it would be paradise on earth

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Give the poor a windfall they'll help the fellow poor, Give a Banker/wall street trader a windfall/Bonus they'll buy Cocaine and prostitutes like their was no tomorrow.
edit on 24-12-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join