It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students and the Ebola thret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Okay, I thought I would do my own research on how the scaremongering of the MSM with regards to Ebola, would effect the student population in my home city of Bristol, U.K.

This was due to this post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I really thought students, being the beasts they are, would think about the consequences of this disease and the FACT that it is heading towards 70% mortality rate as so many posters have warned us about (okay, the figures haven't added up, but some doctor decided that this figure would be enough to frighten us). So as I went around my home City, visiting several bars, (it's okay, my son has just passed his driving test and did all the driving) nowhere, absolutely nowhere did I come across anyone discussing this potential pandemic.

No one cares, it's business as usual and there is lots of learning to be had and lots of fun to experience.

So what some may say, but I was attempting to compare the amount of fear on this particular forum to the amount of fear on the street. In my little experiment tonight, it appears people are not even discussing the potential of this disease to wipe out 70% of the World's population. People do not care, it appears the people on here care, but the general public do not.

edit on 15/10/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/10/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Cool.

In Phoenix, AZ. (USA). People are discussing Ebola.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteinsane

Cool.

In Phoenix, AZ. (USA). People are discussing Ebola.

That's interesting.

Bristol has a population of around 350,000 + people and no one was discussing it tonight. Amazing!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Well metropolitan Phoenix has a population of 4 million give or take a couple hundred thousand. (not sure why population matters....)

In the supermarkets, on buses, on the street there is talk of Ebola.

Not fear but concern.

It's real and it's a little scary.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I live in Michigan and was out and about today.

NO one mentioned it...except my husband and I talked about it.
NO stores had hand cleaning stations at the doors.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
They're talking about it here in Southern Louisiana. Quite a bit, actually. All are as equally dumbfounded at the stupidity of those we have placed in charge.

new topics

top topics

join