It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia executes 4 drug traffickers by beheading

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The ruthless authoritarian Monarchy of Saudi Arabia has beheaded 4 more criminals.

That brings the total to 30 since August 1st according to an article...

Seems like some at least are probably Shi'ites.

RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA (BNO NEWS) — Four drug traffickers from Syria and Iran were decapitated by sword in northern and eastern Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, the government said, disregarding concerns raised by human rights organizations and raising the number of people executed over the last month to 30.

Three of the latest executions took place in the northern Al Jawf Region, while the fourth took place at an unspecified location in the kingdom’s eastern region, according to four separate statements issued by the Saudi Interior Ministry. It warned that the government will continue to carry out harsh punishments against those who traffic drugs.

The men executed in the Al Jawf Region were all Syrian nationals, identified as Hamoud Fayez Hassoun, Hassan Taha Musalamani, and Youssef Abdullah al-Halqi. They were convicted of smuggling “a large quantity of banned amphetamine pills” and had confessed to their crimes before the courts sentenced them to death, the interior ministry said. It did not say whether the men were part of the same drug-trafficking ring.

Saudi Arabia executes 4 drug traffickers by beheading

Brutal !!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
People (plural) were beheaded every day when I was there in 1980. I wonder if that source number is just what is sanctioned by the government at the highest level.

Public execution is a sight to behold. It will change your entire outlook on life. Hands and feet being taken scared the living bejesus out of me.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
I've heard of hands being chopped off for stealing. What offense gets the feet chopped off?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Athletes foot.

JK

Those Islamic countries, sure love beheading eh?

Such a popular thing now, even Cops behead chickens these days. TRENdiNG!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ya...the banned amphetamines are called Captagon...and it's allowing syrian rebels and mercenaries to fight with little sleep or food. You can bet the Saudis would be crapping their towels if these drugs hit their streets and incited a long overdue revolution against the kingdom.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 2-9-2014 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well why is everyone upset nothing to lose your head over. Oh wait never mind

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Living in America it's hard to imagine where this kind of justice ever gets dreamed up.

It's almost seems as if there was some kind of feud way back in history where two families went at each other for so long that it just became the norm and accepted by all.

Humanity has a really long way to go before we can shake this kind of ridiculous behavior off. We in the civilized world sometimes forget how much we have to be thankful for, especially when most of the crimes that are committed are a direct reflection of the unbalanced nature of our cultures.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
I've heard of hands being chopped off for stealing. What offense gets the feet chopped off?

One might be ....

"Fleeing" the scene of an accident.

Or, running away after assaulting a police officer !!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I wonder if the U.S. and U.N. are considering sanctions over Human rights violations?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The Major can't help but ponder as to the rate of recidivism among these four. The best estimate that the Major can muster is that it's slightly higher than the chance of Barack Hussein 0bama formulating an effective policy for the Middle East.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Or maybe they didn't remove their shoes before going inside a mosque? That will never happen again! No feet, no shoes, just drag yourself in.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra

I really don't know. I heard it was for running away from a crime ... and I heard it was for multiple offenses, but who knows. Some really barbaric Shiite to witness. The crowd generally pushes the foreigners up for a ringside view, to boot.

Also ... you don't want to go anywhere near a stoning. You're expected to participate.

To be fair and balanced ... there is virtually no crime in that country. To be brutally fair ... you don't see any of the upper crust getting punished like that either.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It is respulsive that the UN hasn't made universal rights for all people and that there are any countries like Saudi Arabia and N Korea. By their evil primitive disgusting hellzone ways, they should have lost all right to be free, and the leaders in jail, with Norway style, or very advanced countries set up. Thats how I'd do it. World police force, and use the top technology in the black operations to secure the people and get rid of the bad guys. Not bombing, not war, world police action. People first have the right to be free, and be equal and not slaves, and then they have individual religious choices to make. And it should be massive crimes against humanity for women to be kept as slaves or in burqa's or children to abused.

I am so sick and tired of this BS. Its all being done by the Royals, the Bankers and the Vatican/Zionist leaders. And they all need jail ASAP.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
In India, as in several other Asian countries & many parts of the Muslim world, it is insulting to show people the soles of your feet.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

To be fair and balanced ... there is virtually no crime in that country. To be brutally fair ... you don't see any of the upper crust getting punished like that either.

How is this not a crime?

# 273

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

That's just it, there's tons of crime going on, but in some way or another it's connected to the royal families because they get a pass.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

the only question I have - did they get a fair trial and right of appeal ?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
Living in America it's hard to imagine where this kind of justice ever gets dreamed up.

Ok, where is the difference between death sentence in US and there?
It is only the way it is conducted, the sentece is the same.
I don't see beheading to be more brutal than being executed by poison which might fail and will make you suffer, like it happened.
It just looks cleaner, but brutality wise both is on the same level.
In the end both ways take the life away from somebody.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Is a swift single strike of a sword to behead someone any more brutal than filling them with drugs and watching them die slowly, or electrocuting them to a frazzled mess? Dead is dead, no matter how the method is dressed up to be more palatable to the masses.

Same as the whole terrorism nonsense. Is driving a car into a crowded area, or strapping on a bomb and detonating it any more brutal than flying thousands of feet overhead and dropping a huge bomb on people? Or firing off a missile from a drone to take out an alleged bad guy (and anyone else within a wide radius), then firing off a second missile as people try to help the injured? It's all a matter of spin and conditioning as to what we are supposed to find acceptable and what is brutal and barbaric!

la2

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

It is right, the crime rate in Saudi Arabia is very low, only 230 murders in 2012, compared to 14,100 in The US

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join