It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save your teeth - A simple thing you can do to make your teeth last longer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Only wussies brush their teeth.

I've been using baking soda for years and it works great. Although my wife would disapprove, Now if only I could figure out a way to never have to take a shower again....

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
You're right!
When my youngest brother was in college,
he was on a Mountain Dew kick.
Ruined his teeth, literally!

When he got home & went to the dentist,
the first thing he asked him was, "You drink M.D., don't you?"!
Our niece married a dentist & I asked him about it once.
He said all dentists know about M.D.!

Of course all pop/soda is enamel dissolving,
but apparently there is something extra strong in M.D.!
Hmmm...remember the thing about Coke cleaning rust off of car bumpers?
I bet Mountain Dew would work even better!
Then again, maybe not...might take the finish off too!!!!
WOQ

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Good advise, I recently just switched to the Arm and Hammer Baking soda toothpaste. I also just recently found out that putting baking soda in my shoes once a week completely eliminates shoe odor. S&F.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Overtime

I've tried the toothpastes with baking soda - Arm and Hammer, Baking Soda/Peroxide Pastes by Crest etc. and did not get the results of using actual (fresh box of) baking soda. Not sure the reason.

Also I think using a regular sized dab of commercial toothpaste provides too much fluoride which makes your teeth too hard and brittle and prone to cracking if you bite into something too hard or clench your teeth, especially for the thin walls of teeth with fillings.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops
Have been using baking soda for a while now. Much better than tooth paste. Many people here have been doing it for years. Just be careful, it is quite abrasive so must only be used 4 times weekly at most.

About acid........what causes cancer? Yeah acdid. People are also taking baking soda with honey, cutting out ALL foods with preservatives in and just mainly eating raw foods...........few testimonies about people overcoming serious cancers with this simple method. Im not saying it works as I have never had cancer but look online, many people says it does CURE some cancers.

I wish Cancer Research weren't getting most funding from the big pharma, they would be able to research it otherwise.

Actually I have read this many times.

The myth that baking soda is too abrasive to use for cleaning teeth is untrue. The truth is baking soda is one of the least abrasive things you can use. It boosts the pH of your saliva-hurting, cavity-causing bacteria and activating the good bacteria that can take their place.

www.dentistinsteveston.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I am not certain but I think too much Hydrogen Peroxide may break down flesh, from my observation, so possibly damaging and reducing the thin sections of gum between your teeth; possibly receding the gums a little. Brushing too hard near the gums will also do that.

I still use H. Peroxide but only once in a while.

Hear you should use food grade H. Peroxide since the ones sold in the store may contain other chemicals.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops
About acid........what causes cancer? Yeah acdid. People are also taking baking soda with honey, cutting out ALL foods with preservatives in and just mainly eating raw foods...........few testimonies about people overcoming serious cancers with this simple method. Im not saying it works as I have never had cancer but look online, many people says it does CURE some cancers.

Not sure about that one since the stomach produces a tremendous amount of acid, but I can imagine excess acid due to excessive high levels of meat/protein/oil/milk-dairy/alcohol/soda intake can't be good for you.

But I did hear from an ex military guy that drinking a bit of Baking Soda and water was good for your health.

I like to drink my OJ which is acidic, but I can see it being detrimental if body is excessively acidic all the time.
edit on 26-7-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Mix it with peroxide and you have the best , healthiest tooth whitening paste you can buy.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Arm and Hammer baking soda toothpaste is my choice and after many years of exclusive use, will now only use that, it is superior to other toothpastes, even the high end whitening ones.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

About acidic foods. The low FODMAP diet is often recommended for IBS / Crohns etc and for general digestive health.

www.dietingandfitness.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

We use Colgate Peroxil though not all the time, as it contains hydrogen peroxide and even the label advises against constant use.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Been using non-floride toothpaste for a couple years now. Pretty sure Floride is a derivative of Aluminum. I read and heard that floride messes with/clogs-up your peneal gland in your brain. Scientists/Doctors don't even fully understand the brain, let alone the Peneal Gland. Could affect anything from your IQ to your Dream State when you sleep? Some call it the "Third Eye". Interesting stuff actually! And, no, I'm no expert. Now, I'm not going to protest in the streets about it, but have you ever asked yourself how much floride are you ingesting on a daily/ weekly basis? Cause I have. If it's in the tap water, almost everything you drink or eat could have some trace of floride in it! Knowingly, Why by toothpaste with floride in it?
edit on 27-7-2014 by Compressor35 because: Misspelling

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Wouldn't turmeric stain the teeth yellow?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Just an update for anyone who followed this thread.

----

It seems possible that if salt and baking soda is not dissolved before brushing with it, that it can be slightly abrasive.

You can prevent this by, putting a little water in your mouth after spooning the tooth powder into your mouth and allowing it to dissolve; then you can spread it on your teeth with a toothbrush.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I have been brushing my teeth almost exclusively with just baking soda for almost ten years now, and have not had any problems with it being too abrasive. I put a little pile of it in the palm of my hand, moisten my toothbrush and dip it into the baking soda, then brush away. Re-dip as needed. I still use toothpaste, but only for brushing my tongue to get minty-fresh breath.

And, if you want some really white teeth, use powdered activated charcoal! My wife and I just recently started doing this, and we can already tell a big difference. Don't brush with it, but hold a little bit in your mouth and smear it all over your teeth with your tongue. It won't dye your teeth or skin black, believe it or not.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Thanks for all the tips. I understand that Baking soda could prevent tooth decay. Will continuous use of it, lead to enamel erosion? I would like to know if this would help in teeth whitening as well? I have discoloured teeth and is planning to get a teeth whitening treatment done at my dentist (www.stevemocrae.com...). Is it ok to use baking soda after the treatment?

edit on 21-5-2015 by KayHighsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I don't have one damned cavity. Zero tooth pain and it's not genetic. My mom has horrible teeth and so does my sister cavity wise. The main distinction is that I believe general dentistry hasn't advanced in about 200 years and is semi barbaric.

I basically brush using only water and baking soda. No toothpaste or anything with fluoride or teeth whiteners. I believe bright glaring artificially white teeth are unhealthy and that they will be prone to a lot more disease down the road. I floss but only a few times a week. I think dentists are crazy when they tell you to do it twice a day. What's worse the tinsy foreign body reaction from plaque or sliding a piece of string or worse in between your gums as far down as you can force it several times a day as a foreign body reaction. I feel over flossing is just as bad as not flossing and will lead to way worse gum recession. Your mouth is a ecological biome of sorts and the balance needs to be maintained to a degree. Over aggressive measures like washing your mouth out with corrosive hydrogen peroxide everyday is bad amd will make things worse in the long run. Using super fluoride toothpastes is bad. Flossing several times a day or too much is bad. Often times listening to your dentist is bad. But don't take my word for it I only have perfect teeth with ZERO cavities for several decades.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I use Lush toothy tabs and Arm and Hammer baking powder toothpaste, one at night, one in the morning and both are better than regular toothpaste. The toothy tabs are in various flavours, I prefer the rose flavour, but there are minty and other flavours.

www.lush.co.uk...

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Hmm... toothy tabs I might try those. Thanks!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join