It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS show 60 minutes gets caught in sensationalist, biased and faulty reporting…

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
nice video

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
60 Minutes' only purpose as a entertainment or "news" program, is to scare the wits out of the baby-boomer generation, the senior citizens, or the people who have nothing better to do than to sit down in front of the TV and be told what they need to be scared about.

That is all it has ever been, in my opinion. Of course they've had genuinely interesting, mind-opening segments on 60 Minutes or CBS in general, but they call it a track record for a reason, and the record is pretty inconsistent, isn't it?
edit on 18-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Thats why my t.v. hasn't been on since last year....it's all fantasy and no truths...

A couple years ago I upgraded my subscription to Dishnet to get the Fox News Channels thinking I would get the "Truth" and I quickly became a Fox News Junkie. A couple of months ago it sunk in that Fox was no better then all the other networks, that's when I decided to skip any and all network news, it's all corrupt. I remember when Glen Beck announced he was leaving Fox which didn't break my heart, but what did bother me was a story about George Soros funding some campaign to remove Glen Beck's Advertisers. When this Country goes into the Economic Toilet, and it will, I'd be willing to bet the only time you'll see George Soros is when he's with a Hundred or more Bodyguards.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
From reading the original post, I was kind of saddened to see disdain for tax evaders that do so for political reasons, like not wanting to pay taxes because you believe the government is illegitimate. Is there a way to not pay taxes legally for moral reasons? I want to pay taxes for roads and whatnot, but not for war. I feel guilty every time I get a paycheck, knowing my taxes are going to extremely immoral things.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wow. These "lawmen" are seriously disturbed and brainwashed.

Maybe. . . like this? :www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
maybe if the american government wasn't worse than the mafia, demanding tribute from all it's citizens around the globe, people wouldn't renounce their citizenship.

i think america is the only nation that takes taxes from its citizens, no matter were in the world they are, even though the money, opportunity, job and service was produced and earned in another country out of your own free will.

that's the ultimate form of control. it's just there to remind you every two weeks that you can never escape the american government.

you are not free.

edit on 18-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a family member had cnn on earlier, and i stopped in to talk to them (i don't watch t.v. anymore). as i was in there, the host was reading off comments emailed to them, and one of them half way through mentioned legally avoiding taxes. the news anchor immediatly stopped reading said "i'm not reading that" and clicked to the next one leaving off in mid sentence.

it gave me a good chuckle.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I am sure that they consider many people here in ATS domestic terrorists.

Don't question the authority, just listen and do what you are told.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
The 60-minutes segment was a production which reeked of social engineering and public relations spin.

It is clear that we are expected to associate the 'clout' and 'legitimacy' of this well-respected news entertainment production with the 'truth' and 'facts.'

It is no surprise to me that they would associate this group, (and any other that might inspire others to research the 'construct' which our government uses to engender revenue flow,) to believe that it, and they, are all part of a disease afflicting our society.

I suspect it is because, as some have contended, that a few more Americans every day are beginning to ask why some apparently well-spoken and erudite people are genuinely convinced that there is something amiss with the entire scheme behind the nations tax system.

Right on my brother.Very few have said it better.

I will be in the same fight, and next to you shoulder to shoulder

Considering that in my experience, nearly everyone I ever told the following, has either called me a misinformed fool or liar- only to return and apologize, or a conspiracy kook (which are the one's who don't bother with trivial things like reading) and disengage from conversing with me. Here it is... you ready for it?....

The Federal Reserve bank is a private banking entity which has a legislated monopoly on monetary policy and interest rates; ALL (emphasizing ALL) of the federal taxes we pay go directly to service the debt our government has with this bank, not one penny goes anywhere else. The annual taxes on the fruits of our labor go there; precisely as those who founded our nation warned us against.

Now, many people just can't accept this. They don't want this to be true. They WANT to hear that it's all conspiracy kookery, and that the federal Reserve is somehow subordinate to the government. I suspect that many of those in the 60-minutes production team agree. They wouldn't know or care how to start unraveling the mystery of the Fed as it has taken scores of authors and hundreds of independent researchers like us to determine.

It's much easier to tell the acquiescent that what they believe should be true - is. So every politician is a hero, every expenditure is vital, every war is necessary, every capitulation to international bankers is inevitable, and everything the people think they should have is a frivolous 'entitlement.' Among the frivolous entitlements people might want, freedom from oppressive taxation is the most heinous.

Soon this facet of our world will become part of the political discourse... and it seems a prudent strategy to associate the topic with Elvis living at Area 51, and trailer-trash low-life's who want to evade taxation.

By the way, can anyone guess which members of the 60-minutes company are members of the social club known as the Council in Foreign Relations, or which will be in attendance at the next Bohemian Grove, or Bilderburg gatherings?.... this IS a conspiracy board after all.....

edit on 18-5-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If they want to renounce their citizenship and not pay taxes then they need to move out of the sovereign nation to do so, otherwise they are using the resources they wish not to contribute to.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Right on my brother. Very few have said it better

I will be in the same fight, next to you, shoulder to shoulder

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This should augment Bandit's post ... similar, but different. I didn't see bandits post, otherwise, I would have not posted it. However, between Bandit's post, the one below and the ones referenced, we should all get the point.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-5-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
If they want to renounce their citizenship and not pay taxes then they need to move out of the sovereign nation to do so, otherwise they are using the resources they wish not to contribute to.

I think the point of contention with these sovereign people is that U.S. citizens' sovereignty has already been contracted away. In the case they argue, a citizen is a corporate entity versus what we think it means. But, I know what you are saying.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Okay... so they've been caught. 30 years ago.

Now what?

To bad this sort of thing isn't treasonous. Oh wait. Selling out your country is treason.

Is this where Freedom of Speech bites us in the rear?

No truth in the news, no news in the truth.

It would seem nothing short of a masked gunman blowing Anderson Cooper's brains out all over a live broadcast would be enough to un-glue asses from couches. The "revolution" isn't televised, but it should be... and that would make a great pilot episode. (One can dream.)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
DOWN with the BIG MEDIA business.........they are and have always been corrupt. Let us not fall prey or be misled us into a LIE against each other!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Could also well be..."ATS Members caught in sensationalist, biased and faulty reporting"

I'm just sayin'!

See! it's a pandemic problem! Everyone is doing it, so most people have to do it themselves just to maintain the attention of most other people. Try not doing it, and your thread will get much much less attention. People don't care about things anymore unless they're over the top. There are exceptions, but generally, the more extreme the better.

I really wonder how much longer this goes on before people cannot even tell the difference between what could be real and what is a blatant lie. Wait! It's already happening now!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Considering that in my experience, nearly everyone I ever told the following, has either called me a misinformed fool or liar- only to return and apologize, or a conspiracy kook (which are the one's who don't bother with trivial things like reading) and disengage from conversing with me. Here it is... you ready for it?....

The Federal Reserve bank [color=gold] is a private banking entity which has a legislated monopoly on monetary policy and interest rates; ALL [emphasizing ALL] of the federal taxes we pay go directly to service the debt our government has with this bank, not one penny goes anywhere else. The annual taxes on the fruits of our labor go there; precisely as those who founded our nation warned us against.

Now, many people just can't accept this. They don't want this to be true. They WANT to hear that it's all conspiracy kookery, and that the federal Reserve is somehow subordinate to the government.

Maxmars,

I am comming up on my three year anniversary of actively posting here, like many I have been reading far more than posting, and reading longer. I argue against blaming the fed, directing attention towards the elected officials and laws. I argue in defence of Bernanke, now that the moment of collapse has come of course an honest man is put in charge to take the blame. And while no one has said it, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one person thought I was a dis-info agent for the Fed.

But what you have written there is perfect. It is the first statement of the facts about the Federal Reserve system that I have read here, that I take zero issue with. It succeeds on all levels; factual, emotional, and legal. It neither condemns nor incites hysteria. This may be the single most dangerous statement I have ever read on the internet anywhere, and I've been searching for conspiracy information since 1983 on compuserve.

I award you one entire internet, and a renewable supply of win.

David Grouchy
edit on 19-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The USA is the ONLY country I know of so far that taxes its citizens no matter where in the world they live.

All the other international expats I've met see a huge tax benefit to living overseas - we do not.

If you don't intend to return, why should you support the corruption, the welfare, the social security? You won't benefit from any of the services anyway.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Apart from when I visited my mum and watched a Japanese game show (Ninja Warrior) with her every night for the full month I was there......... I haven't even touched a TV (Cleaning the room aside) for several years.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
cbs is known for biased reporting duh remember the george w bush fiasco

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join