It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Jewish Biden Appointee to Resign Over Gaza Quits on Nakba Day

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 05:46 AM
link   
www.commondreams.org...

"I can no longer in good conscience continue to represent this administration amid President Biden's disastrous, continued support for Israel's genocide in Gaza," Interior assistant Lily Greenberg Call wrote.

Lily Greenberg Call, a special assistant to the chief of staff in the Department of the Interior, became the first Jewish political appointee to resign her post in protest of U.S. President Joe Biden's support for Israel's genocide in Gaza.

Call announced her resignation on Wednesday, which is also the 76th anniversary of the Nakba—or the expulsion of the majority of Palestinians from their homes in 1948 as part of the process of creating the current state of Israel.

The article speaks for itself as another member of the Jewish Community in the US, this time a special assistant to the chief of staff in the Department of the Interior, has resigned over the ongoing situation in Gaza which she calls a genocide against the Palestinian People.

Just as many other Jewish people in the US and all over the World, Lily Greenberg Call has criticised both the US and Israeli Governments for their parts in this war. One Government supply weapons, technical support, and billions of dollars, and the other is using these weapons to kill tens of thousands of innocent civilians and destroy large parts of Gaza. Kudos to all Jewish people who have spoken out and condemned the mass killings of civilians and the crimes commited against them.
edit on 18-5-2024 by Metrodin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Geeeze ... don't you ever sleep?

obsession. noun. ob·​ses·​sion äb-ˈsesh-ən, əb- : a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling. also : something that causes such preoccupation compare compulsion, phobia.

Never heard of her.
Don't care.
She's easily replaced.
Whatever.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

A Jewish person, this time part of the Biden team, resigned over the war in Gaza and the killings of tens of thousands of civilians.

Pay attention to what she said about ethics cleansing and genocide.

Another blow to the narrative!

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Metrodin

Good for her , a conscience during a time of Genocide is a thing to be proud of , stand up and speak out.

"What is the point of having power if you will not use it to stop crimes against Humanity"
Indeed.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Good for her , a conscience during a time of Genocide is a thing to be proud of , stand up and speak out.

"What is the point of having power if you will not use it to stop crimes against Humanity"
Indeed.

She isn't the only Jewish person to speak out against what's happening in Gaza. There are many in the US and in the world who have spoken out against the slaughter of innocent civilians and the ethnic cleansing. It's wrong to assume Jewish are all one voice and support Netanyahou's Government.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Ok.

I’ll raise you one…

Son of Hamas co-founder speaks out against Hamas violence, indoctrination at UN

m.jpost.com...

Jews have a right to exist and have civil rights, right?

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Here is another Jewish-American Journalist who has argued that Israel has committed war crimes against the Palestinians

www.washingtonpost.com...

I’m Jewish, and I’ve covered wars. I know war crimes when I see them.

As Israeli forces grind through Gaza in what the International Court of Justice defines as a “plausible” case of genocide, my family’s history of philanthropy runs into my familiarity with war crimes. When Israel bombs and shoots civilians, blocks food aid, attacks hospitals, and cuts off water supplies, I remember the same outrages in Bosnia. When people in a Gaza flour line were attacked, I thought of the Sarajevans killed waiting in line for bread and the perpetrators who in each case insisted the victims were slaughtered by their own side.

There are also various holocaust survivors who are very critical of Netanyahou and his Government and very critical of the US.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 06:30 AM
link   

She isn't the only Jewish person to speak out against what's happening in Gaza.

No but as you said she is the first Jewish person serving in the government facilitating the crimes being committed to speak out against the government in which she served which gives her voice a bit more prominence.

I think the jockeying for position going on in the Israeli government at the moment shows Netanyahou's reign is coming to an end , although that doesn't necessarily signal an end to the suffering of the Palestinians it will free up Netanyahou to concentrate on his upcoming corruption and war crimes court cases.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazy88

But Palestinians don't , right ?

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 06:40 AM
link   

they sure do. Just as much as those who were raped and killed on October 7th. But when you declare war on your neighbor, try not to have that really, reallyt supid look on your face when they "war" back on you. And if they do, and you hide behind a bunch of "palestinians", don't be surprised when some get killed.

It's like you folks are being willfully obtuse. there is a reason all this is taking place, and the reason is HAMAS attacked Israel.

Perhaps you and the OP can share what should have taken place. What Israel should have done when HAMAS killed 1300 jews and declared war on them.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Been answered several times…

originally posted by: Metrodin

But we all know it's Israel that refuses to recognise Palestine as a sovereign state as it has become itself an ethnosupremacist and apartheid country that wants to enslave the Palestinians who are considered to be inferior human beings. The root cause of this conflict.

originally posted by: Lazy88
Cause they do something like launching tens of thousands of rockets and mortars over the years into Isreal to indiscriminately kill Jews. Which is actual genocide to be technical.

Hamas and various Palestinian groups keep breaking agreements reached in peace talks and breaking cease fires.

What do you think the consequences are. If you don’t want invaded and occupied, don’t launch attacks that indiscriminately kill your neighbors on their soil.

Isreal is a country that has a right to exist too, right?

Or don’t start a bloody war you can’t finish.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Perhaps you and the OP can share what should have taken place. What Israel should have done when HAMAS killed 1300 jews and declared war on them.

And as of now have not returned all the Israeli and US hostages.
edit on 18-5-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

they sure do. Just as much as those who were raped and killed on October 7th.

Except they didn't before Oct 7th so why would you think they do now.

It's like you folks are being willfully obtuse.

As you are "willfully obtuse" when it comes to the thefts of land and murder of civilians suffered by the Palestinian people over the decades since their incarceration by their Jewish overlords , best take a look in the mirror ND before insulting others.

edit on 18-5-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   

?

You keep ignoring Hamas and other militant groups have fired tens of thousands of rocket and mortar attacks over the years indiscriminately into Israel meeting your definition of genocide.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   

they sure do. Just as much as those who were raped and killed on October 7th.

It's like you folks are being willfully obtuse.

As you are "willfully obtuse" when it comes to the thefts of land and murder of civilians suffered by the Palestinian people over the decades since their incarceration by their Jewish overlords , best take a look in the mirror ND before insulting others.

If you really have to live in the past, don't you have to take the Holocost into account? 6 million Jews killed? See, that's why using history to justify events today in real time is supid.

On October 6th, there was a cease fire agreement between Israel and HAMAS. That means they weren't at war, and if Israel did something to HAMAS, THEY would be the agressor. They did not. HAMAS did. If I slap the piss out of you today, will that justify you killing my family 20 years from now? Try being rational and sane for a bit.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You keep ignoring Hamas and other militant groups have fired tens of thousands of rocket and mortar attacks over the years indiscriminately into Israel meeting your definition of genocide.

And how many Israeli's have those rockets killed compared to the Palestinians killed by the tens of thousands of rockets Israel has fired into Gaza over the decades ?

You keep on ignoring what led Israel to Oct 7th , as with any bully at some point those you have bullied will stand up and hit you back.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   

And how many Israeli's have those rockets killed compared to the Palestinians killed by the tens of thousands of rockets Israel has fired into Gaza over the decades ?

You yourself posted genocide isn’t about numbers. You want me to find the post.

Now, address what was posed.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   

If you really have to live in the past, don't you have to take the Holocost into account?

Why not , Netanyahou has used the spectre of the Holocaust for his own benefit throughout the onslaught while wilfully ignoring the fact that what he is doing to the Palestinians is just repeating what was done to the Jews by the Nazis.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 07:17 AM
link   

You yourself posted genocide isn’t about numbers. You want me to find the post.

No need I remember saying it , if you want to look for something look for the numbers of Israelis killed by Hamas rockets.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

Ok.

I’ll raise you one…

Son of Hamas co-founder speaks out against Hamas violence, indoctrination at UN

m.jpost.com...

NOOOO, they are supposed to let their neighbors bomb them day in and day out, then let the off when they murder and rape children. After that the perps use their neighbors children to hide behind in a case of PURE CHILD ABUSE.... The parents need to quit supporting Hamas and get the hell away from murderers who keep attacking innocent people because of their religion.

PERIOD!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join