It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tick...tock...What one thing on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 17 2024 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Time is seemingly growing short here on ATS. As such, it seems appropriate to ask this one question...

When you first joined ATS, or in your time here, what one mystery (conspiracy, event, etc.) did you hope you would find an answer to? Or, maybe conversely, what one thing were you most disappointed you never found a solution to.

Maybe there is more than one thing, and that's okay, but there must be some big ones which stand out.

I'll go first to serve up some examples:

1. As many here know, I first joined because of the 'Black Hole in Russia'. After nearly 2 decades of research I honestly don't feel I am significantly closer to solving this mystery other than to say I know more about what it is not. But I still don't know what it truly is, and it is something.

2. The other big one (for me) was something which occurred a year and two months after I joined. I had genuine hopes that the mystery of what happened to Malaysian Airlines flight 370 would be solved. Candidly, I'm rather shocked this mystery has persisted the way it has, especially in today's age of technology and capability.

What are yours?

Maybe if this thread is well received, we can expand it in the twilight hours here to include mysteries which 'were' solved to your satisfaction on ATS.

Love to hear your thoughts.

edit on 5/17/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 05:54 AM
link   
In 2004 I found ATS while searching for ghost information. Paranormal was my interest until recently. Now I avoid it. I learned my lesson and am not curious any longer. No more ghost hunts or anything like that for me!!

So to answer you question ... the one thing I came here looking for an answer for ... life after death and that kind of thing ... really can't be answered and when you start to get glimpses you find that you really don't want to know.

Cryptic .. but that's the best I can answer it.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Not cryptic at all; makes perfect sense.

I feel similarly on some topics like you noted also. These topics I took a casual interest in along the way here on ATS, but learned enough that I didn't really have any desire to know more. This was either because it was clear there were too many possibilities to ever conclude the issue with any finality, or that I was content not knowing the 'final answer'.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 06:16 AM
link   
2005 and it was UFO's that got me here. Can't say I found a Eureka moment, but reading interesting posts about Dulce, Area52, etc etc has now kept me going down the ATS rabbit hole of conspiracy and unkowns since then. Fascinating people would post from time to time, and that keeps me checking on the regular.

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I found this site while looking for more info on Guardian UFO. I wanted to learn more about Diane Labanek and the fingerprint on the video. The answers weren't here but the write up by Mirageman on Guardian UFO is excellent.

Wanted to know if anybody debunked Dororthy Izatt also and someone here did I forgot the username but it started with an A, I dont necessarily know because I'm not a camera expert but the debunking comment seemed to make sense and because I was already very skeptical I buy into the debunking.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 06:52 AM
link   
9/11 has been a big one for me over the years. Lot of arguments there. ATS even had to put a hold on the 9/11 forum for a while as things got quickly heated. It came back online as things settled down, still a tough subject at times. Some things have become clear beyond reasonable doubt, others still lurk in the gray zone.

When getting into the culture behind it, dark place to be.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I found ATS while looking for an article about guns and gun violence. I read some of the blatant uninformed lies put forth by the gun grabbing ill informed, know nothing, control freaks, that acted like they knew everything while demonstrating they knew very little or nothing about guns...so I joined to fight back !! hahahah

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Government Corruption, and the public being blind to it.

Federal government has increasingly grown more corrupt and less transparent, about the manipulation in society.

Hostile foreign interests, are buying our political representatives, and turning them against us, and or, recruiting those who already in politics are anti American.

Hard to believe American politics has America who hate their own country, but look how many self admitted communists are in positions of power.

Our heads of intelligence and DoD are political appointees of communist sympathizers and self proclaimed commies.

Never would this have been tolerated, if the system wasn't fully corrupted.

They used to be in th closets, not they're openly boasting.

America has done a complete 180° turn since 9/11/01...

There is something seriously wrong.

There's literally hundreds of threads on it.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I guess it would be UFO/ET disclosure. Lot's of interesting information shared here over the years but still waiting for good solid evidence. Disclosure has been promised "next year" for the last 15 years, lol.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I once wondered if ATS might hold the answers to the JFK assassination. There were certainly enough topics on the subject. I wondered, not so much just about JFK, but rather whether ATS could manage to pry open the behind the scenes workings of things like the CIA's involvement and motivations, and the larger clandestine shadow government black ops side. I never really saw any of that except for pieces I already knew or elements which seemed predictable.

One interesting thing I did see here on ATS was how the focus of conspiracies changed over the years. Science and technology had debunked many of the mysteries many of us knew about as kids, and even ones some believed as younger adults. Things like the Bermuda Triangle, and man on the moon, and many others.

Over time the focus shifted to the "real" conspiracies of how the masses were being manipulated by governments and money, to things like politics and political influence. Those are the real mysteries and conspiracies today, and they are indeed real.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I once wondered if ATS might hold the answers to the JFK assassination.

Has been some deep dives on this one here over the years. With Lindon Johnson signing off on it the night before, not a lot has changed politically from the days of Caesar with the knife in the back from the next in charge. With George Bush senior on the ground that day as a young CIA recruit, gave him a good education on how the system works.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Honestly, at the time (2007), I was interested in metaphysical energy -- beyond the physical.

It was immediately moved to Skunk Works. Not even alternate religion. Some people complained. I don't complain.

------------------------------------------------------------

However, I was raised with belief in UFOs, ghosts, paranormal, etc -- way back in the '50s.

My mom belonged to a group called: "The Mental Shop.

One of their guest speakers was: George Adamski -- Inside The Spaceships

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

9-11 for me. I came here wondering what people were thinking about those events and some of the events that lead up to it.
The missing money, George Sr.'s connection to Hussein/Bin Laden, fireproof Saudi passports, dancing Isreali's. There were so many angles and perspectives...still are...

I stayed for Titor and the stargate megathread (not the tv show), then 2012, then Elenin, its been an interesting 23 years, really gonna hate to see it go...

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I found ATS in its early days before it had this site while looking for information on UFO's. Back then, I would get an email alerting me to new posts.

All things unexplained has been my life-long passion, because I don't believe there isn't an ecplaination; we just haven't evolved enough to figure it all out yet.

It also seems to me that ancient civilizations were far more advanced than they've been given credit for being. With over two decades of reading on ATS under my belt, I'm more convinced than ever that's the case.

ATS members have added many, many more pieces to the puzzle of life than I ever would have found on my own.

In recent years I've come to understand politics and how our government works. My formal education is rather limited, so government is a subject I've really struggled with and ATS has really helped me in this area, too, so thank you all. *Shout out to DBCowboy for his comments that expose the heart of the matter out in his short, criptic comments.

In summary, ATS has drawn me in an held my attention all these years because of my insatiable desire for knowledge; not from 'official' sanctioned brainwashing sources but from all the deep-thinking people that refuse to be a part of social ingeneering and prefer to think for themselves.

I hate the thought of waking up one day to find ATS is gone forever, but if I've learned anything in life it's how to mourn a loss and move on to the next chapter, feeling grateful for having had the experience.
edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I hate the thought of waking up one day to find ATS is gone forever, but if I've learned anything in life it's how to mourn a loss and move on to the next chapter, feeling greatful for having had the experience.

I felt that way when MSN Messenger shut down around 2005. Still miss it.

Yeah, I've been on messenger forums for a long time.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   
was so long ago i dont even remember how i found out about ATS, but i was getting here on the internet via my Sega Dreamcast. lol this place was so interesting back then, it quickly became my "go to" site, and remained so for many, many years.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   
anyone remember Johnnyanonymous and his mondo bizarro show? great stuff back then.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Did you ever read RisingAgainst's threads on JFK? That young man was incredible. The knowledge and depth of his study and threads on that issue alone will be one of the greatest losses for this site.

But I think it was 9/11 that brought me here. Took me a while to sign up, but I read a lot before hand here, and learned so much.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I found, lurked, and then joined ATS for a couple of reasons. I was first drawn here for the overall X-Files type subjects I was searching for. It was around ten years after the series ended when I found ATS and began lurking, but it was a political reason I finally joined.

So, if there was ever any one thing, it was that I was searching for an answer to the question, "How can I fill the void left by "The X-Files?" I found my answer by being here and on similar websites. Otherwise I wasn't looking for any answers to specific questions or trying to resolve any mysteries, just that mix of paranormal, unexplained, and conspiracy subjects that the X-Files had.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I'm no top-secret agent military super soldier. Never was.

Not once.

But I knew stuff. Some stuff.

I went on ATS to see if any of the "stuff" I did know about would come up in topics.

It never happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join