It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ETA Found Thanks - I need help finding the ATS GOLD content contributor Image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hello ladies and gents,

I need some help with finding an image file of the "GOLD: content contributor" accolade that was used on ATS a long time ago.

I already have an image with it incorporated, but it's poor quality and not worth extracting.
I've spent a good few hours searching old threads, but only found the bronze one, so no good.

I've already reproduced it, but I would prefer to use the original if possible. I'm hoping some kind soul has it saved somewhere.

My thanks and appreciation in advance.

edit on 15/5/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Reverse image search failed as your image was too small.
Try a site specific search?

ATS specific search on google

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Thanks, Cymru, I tried both the reverse and the site-specific search, too, but I think that kind of search is nearly impossible considering the little information I have about the original files.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Its also a jpeg and lord knows how many are slurped into ATS.

I'll regroup and have another think.
edit on 15-5-2024 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe if someone above earned that status, check their profile? Just sayin'

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe if someone above earned that status, check their profile? Just sayin'

You win a massive bacon butty... Cheers!

It was a bit of an Easter Egg hunt from your link, but eventually found one belonging to TheMythLives... quite an ironic, yet appropriate name considering where ATS is today.

Thanks again, Cymru.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Legendary, brown sauce as well.
Consider it quits

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Legendary, brown sauce as well.
Consider it quits

Legendary is right! :slurp:

The old boys ATS network is still the best!

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Add a pint of Brains SA or Reverend James and we have a winner

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Add a pint of Brains SA or Reverend James and we have a winner

Great, but those would be overkill, I'm easily pleased with Newcastle Brown Ale or Murphy's... half and half with Scrumpy for a special kick!

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 07:01 PM
link   
In the future I also recommend using the waybackmachine website. You can pick a year and start browsing ATS as it looked back then and even click the links to some of the pages to see them as they were. It can be fun if you find a current thread that has existed for a decade, just type it in to the waybackmachine and it may take you back to when it was only a handful of pages or just one in the same format as it was then.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Thanks, worldstarcountry, I did try that as well. In fact, I thought I was doing well because I found an url to an image that I was sure was the right one, however, the five WBM's archival dates for it came up 404. The Wayback Machine is fantastic, but not so great for saving images/media.

Usually when I post a cry for help it means I've really exhausted all the tricks I know. The last bastion of hope was ATS's general image directory (discovered by playing with ATS website paths), for which I couldn't find the link in my records and, in any case, I've always found it to be impracticable because of the tens of thousands of images it contains that crashed my browser every time I tried.

In the end, it's ATS's member's historic and collective knowledge that I knew would save the day!

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Quite partial to the odd Newky Brown too.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
In the future I also recommend using the waybackmachine website. You can pick a year and start browsing ATS as it looked back then and even click the links to some of the pages to see them as they were. It can be fun if you find a current thread that has existed for a decade, just type it in to the waybackmachine and it may take you back to when it was only a handful of pages or just one in the same format as it was then.

The problem with the WayBackMachine is that stuff in a CDN usually comes up as a broken link. You'd have to do a search on the CDN itself through WBM to get the content at the time, if that were even possible.

edit on 2024-05-16T06:08:39-05:0006Thu, 16 May 2024 06:08:39 -050005am00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

The problem with the WayBackMachine is that stuff in a CDN usually comes up as a broken link. You'd have to do a search on the CDN itself through WBM to get the content at the time, if that were even possible.

Yes, it is hit and miss. Just last week I used the WBM to find some very old ATS pages that actually had some images, and thus recovered someone's lost avatar... probably blind luck on my part.

new topics

top topics

join