It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something falls in Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   
obviously human

but still and interesting and large artifact from the sky/space

edit on 12-5-2024 by DronesandUFOs because: .

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DronesandUFOs

It's being widely reported that it's The Dragon Trunk section from the Space X Axiom 3, designed to be jettisoned from the main capsule during re-entry.

The re-entry trajectory is calculated for it to fall in water or on sparsely population areas, but something that big can do some damage if it lands on someone. In theory it should have burnt up completely, so I don't know how it survived as a single piece.

edit on 12/5/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   

clearly man made, and appears to be carbon fiber with identifiable metal brackets and what i would call the head of a actuator.
as said above by enica22 it's off one of Space X's rockets or someone else's.
edit on 12-5-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Public Service Announcement - Persons encountering space debris should be careful not to handle such pieces without gloves and/or other PPE gear. This particular piece is probably harmless enough, but some pieces and parts can contain traces, or even quantities, of hydrazine propellant which is highly toxic to humans.

That is all.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

do you see how they are just touching that thing and even took it into their working area of their farm.

watching him touch that broken carbon fiber made me want to yell at the screen

not only is it bad for you due to the binding agent and they hurt SO bad and are the most fragile splinter i believe one can get lol, i made that mistake and had to use this special take to get it all out of my skin

and who knows what it is or was outgassing due to extreme heating of composites and new alloy mixtures let alone UDH or nitrogen tetroxides or just the NOX's.

at least gloves, and a long stick and a call to HAZMAT should be done when you find big space junk, not worth it.

there are satellites that use RTG(radioisotope thermal generators), that is a device that is essentially a large thermocouple that uses the decay heat of HIGHLY enriched Plutonium to power the devices and keep the computers warm.

you want to read some harrowing and tragic stories look at the NRC website or youtube under 'lost sources' and all the damage they do.

next time people find some unmarked chunks of metal there is a chance might be plutonium as it has already happened over Canada when a Russian satellite powered by a RTG and it scattered EXTREAMLY deadly space junk practically the whole of Canada with the west side like where these guys are getting the worse of it.

if it looks like it feel out of the sky, dont touch it.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   

lastly i bet all that metal other than the honey combing is Titanium(or the made structure) see how easy it flied over, that will all the other weight saving' stuff i bet it is very light and that's why it survived reentry and the fall to earth

i likely spun and flipped like a leaf in a strong wind

that is a fortune in metals

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DronesandUFOs
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

do you see how they are just touching that thing and even took it into their working area of their farm.

I can't see anything, there is no pic, video or anything in the OP any more.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Reverse engineered materials of, eh, 'unusual' origin.

Cheers

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   
troubling recollection of Andromeda Strain plot

locals find a crashed satellite and take it to the local Doctor's office where they take it apart and everybody in the town dies.

stay clear...

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coelacanth55
troubling recollection of Andromeda Strain plot

locals find a crashed satellite and take it to the local Doctor's office where they take it apart and everybody in the town dies.

stay clear...

That was a *great* movie!

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Someone will claim it since nobody got hurt and there is no chance of getting sued. Now if it had killed someone or it destroyed something real expensive, nobody would say a thing. Everyone would blame it on Russia or China, or any of our adversaries.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It’s all fun and games until someone gets hit on the head with space debris…….then it’s a 4-5 hour wait at the emergency room waiting lounge 😆

👽
edit on 12-5-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I just watched this about an hour ago and came to take a look to see if it was posted or not. They say in the video that it might be from Space X but a lot of people in the comments are saying its not from space X.

I did find it kind of interesting that there was no mention in the video that 100-200lb huge items falling from space would be a bit dangerous, no? That item could literally take out a whole family sitting at a picnic table
edit on 12-5-2024 by TheMisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

it looks the the upper bus or the faring of it.

you can see it was holding something pretty heavy, also look at what i assume is a hole for a spar is very large

also if it was SpaceX they haven't lost any spacecraft in space that didnt reenter.
the outside of it reminds me of a Chinese rocket with the tiling

they lost alot of their garbage in space

also why wasn't a warning issued by NORAD or other services it is to monitor space targets.

new topics

top topics

join