It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moyes No Longer Blowing Bubbles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Enough of the jokes.

David Moyes is leaving West Ham United at the end of this season.

I am new to premier league, since 2020, and soccer in general.

When he joined 4.5 years ago, WHU was one place above relegation. They have finished 6 and 7 in the tables the last 2 years. And they lifted the Europa Conference trophy last year.

Granted, Sundays loss to Chelsea was disheartening, especially after coming off a tie with Liverpool the week before.

But overall, to my novice eyes, it seems he is doing good. Why get rid of him?

Would love to hear your thoughts, both from WHU supporters, and those of you who support others teams ( and obviously Satan if you don't support WHU).

Thanks in advance for helping me learn a bit more about this sport I vowed to hate, but find it is the only one I watch anymore.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Moyes is a good manager , I think West Ham are sacrificing security by getting rid of him , I guess they see the change Emery has bought to Villa and fancy a bit of that but it's a gamble.

David Moyes back to United ?

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=27373158]gortex[favorite.

Again, I am a novice.

After the last three campaigns in Europe, I see him moving out of premier league and getting a struggling team in another series. He seems Like a guy who builds a good foundation for the team and then is moved on.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

It's time for change!

Moyes did a good job since returning to Manage West Ham but as you can see from the stats this year, we are 2nd bottom to Sheffield utd with 3 wins, 7 draws in the prem, the rest defeats, that's 16 points and 40 goals let in in 16 games, 70 goals let in in 36 games... thats got relegation written all over it next season or fighting relegation anyway. His defensive tactics don't work as you can see...

Hopefully a New Manager will do the players some good... start afresh, buy some players in defense and we have a great attack, although we need an all out attacker which hopefully the new Manager Lopetuigi (Not sure thats spelt right) will transfer in this summer! Basically we need 4 players in and sell off about 7 players we have.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

Who would you see sold off?

And do you see Noble ever being manager?

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

Who would you see sold off?

And do you see Noble ever being manager?

Zouma, Cresswell, Aguerd, Coufal? (His contract is up so will go for free anyway), I think Paqueta could be off already to Man City but our new Manager might persuade him to stay. Antonio sold or out of contract, Ings sold off, Mavropanos possibly sold off. Cornet.

Noble was a very good player for us and very loyal! I think it's a bit early for him to Manage the club but if he wanted to leave his current job and work with Lopetuigi, that could be good with a view to take the Managers job in 3 or 4 years!
edit on 6-5-2024 by xWorldxGonexMadx because: (no reason given)

top topics

join