It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police clash with St George’s Day protesters at central London rally

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

It doesn't matter. It's the spirit of the thing that counts.

Welsh/Scots?

I got engaged in Builth Wells and married in Gretna Green.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

originally posted by: SprocketUK

The event was addressed by the far-right leader Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, who calls himself Tommy Robinson

So not really just a celebration of St George then.

hold up, he may have latched on to it, but it wasnt about him in anyway, he'd just had the case against him, thrown out by a judge who decided that the met police acted wrongly. So he did what he always does and tagged on to what was already going on.

Violence kicked off before the march was even meant to start.

This wasn't a peaceful celebration.

I can see you already made your mind up about these people, just gammon, right?

Who are 'these people'?

Just because someone waves a union flag doesn't make them far right, but its disingenuous to suggest far right groups and football hooligans don't use the flag and faux british nationalism.

St George is celebrated with the St George's cross, the flag of England, not the Union flag which is that of Britain.

It says a lot when the Met annou8nced hours before that they expected far righgters and football firms...thus tarring everyone who turned up as a trouble maker...they then kettled the people, who had at that point done nothing, riling them up until they bought horses in and then some of them pushed their way out of the kettle.

Yes, I am sure there is a scum,bag or two dotted around, one of whom you already mentioned, but to swallow the mety police's line about it all being the far right and how the yobbos started it all is the acme of stupidity rather ironic given your name.

The police didn't say it was all far right and hooligans.

They said thete was far right and hooligans in attendance.

Given we have the most famous racist hooligan in the UK in attendance and the violence that occurred looks like they were on the money.

I got a bridge for sale if you are interested.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The event was addressed by the far-right leader Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, who calls himself Tommy Robinson

hold up, he may have latched on to it, but it wasnt about him in anyway, he'd just had the case against him, thrown out by a judge who decided that the met police acted wrongly. So he did what he always does and tagged on to what was already going on.

Who are 'these people'?

Just because someone waves a union flag doesn't make them far right, but its disingenuous to suggest far right groups and football hooligans don't use the flag and faux british nationalism.

St George is celebrated with the St George's cross, the flag of England, not the Union flag which is that of Britain.

It says a lot when the Met annou8nced hours before that they expected far righgters and football firms...thus tarring everyone who turned up as a trouble maker...they then kettled the people, who had at that point done nothing, riling them up until they bought horses in and then some of them pushed their way out of the kettle.

Yes, I am sure there is a scum,bag or two dotted around, one of whom you already mentioned, but to swallow the mety police's line about it all being the far right and how the yobbos started it all is the acme of stupidity rather ironic given your name.

Given we have the most famous racist hooligan in the UK in attendance and the violence that occurred looks like they were on the money.

So police in advance point out far right and groups with history of violence are going to attend.

These groups attend and violence occurs.

You see this as evidence of a police conspiracy against ordinary english folks .

But sure I am being naive.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Who are 'these people'?

So police in advance point out far right and groups with history of violence are going to attend.

You see this as evidence of a police conspiracy against ordinary english folks .

They set you up, got you thinking in terms of far right to start with so that is all you would see and you fell for it massively.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Who are 'these people'?

They set you up, got you thinking in terms of far right to start with so that is all you would see and you fell for it massively.

Fell for it being where the violence actually happened?

Far right is a perfectly normal description of certain groups, including those associated with Tommy Robinson.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Who are 'these people'?

Far right is a perfectly normal description of certain groups, including those associated with Tommy Robinson.

What violence?
Started by who?
With what aim?

You are so doped up on the Met police's lies you can't think straight all you see is far right far right...you don't see the Met police kettling a perfectly ordinary group of people celebrating their saints day...you just see far right thugs...you heard the name Tommy Robinson and you forgot everything else, this is pretty much what happened on Armistice day when the met labelled everyone a far right nutter and most people bought it.

By announcing earlier that they expected far right groups and hooligans they anchored your expectations so that their later lies would feel more reasonable to you.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Who are 'these people'?

What violence?
Started by who?
With what aim?

You are so doped up on the Met police's lies you can't think straight all you see is far right far right...you don't see the Met police kettling a perfectly ordinary group of people celebrating their saints day...you just see far right thugs...you heard the name Tommy Robinson and you forgot everything else, this is pretty much what happened on Armistice day when the met labelled everyone a far right nutter and most people bought it.

By announcing earlier that they expected far right groups and hooligans they anchored your expectations so that their later lies would feel more reasonable to you.

Or they accurately called that groups with a history of violence would be attending. Which they did. No lies necessary.

And that perfectly ordinary group of people seemed quite happy with Robinson making a speech.

edit on 23-4-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I agree it's the spirit .... and some.
But I still maintain Willy did more for England than Georgie from Turkey did.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Agreed.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Violence?
What violence?

A few very minor scuffles and pushing and shoving as the Police tried to kettle and intimidate those present.

If they'd treat those Hamas supporters the same way it would be a national outrage with all the usual talking heads spouting their woke and apologist nonsense.

Apparently the police were trying to stop people with 'face coverings'.
Imagine if they'd do that to someone all Burka'd up whilst singing 'From The River to the Sea' and burning British flags etc.

The hypocrisy and double standards are really quite alarming.

I used to go out and celebrate St George's Day but its become a joke.
Anyone showing any sort of English pride and passion is immediately demonised as a Right-Wing racist.

For the record; i think Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is a complete and utter knobhead and wanker......but he has as much right to be there as anyone else, especially considering some of the terrorist supporters who have openly and quite brazenly voiced anti-semitic bigotry and hatred with impunity recently.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

So far you have only been able to point to one far right person who was there as a coincidence. What football firms turned up? Which other far right nutters were in attendance? You cant go through life swallowing the swill that the pigs feed ya.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So far you have only been able to point to one far right person who was there as a coincidence. What football firms turned up? Which other far right nutters were in attendance? You cant go through life swallowing the swill that the pigs feed ya.

He was there as a coincidence and some how just accidentally gave a speech? You were saying something about bridge for sale?

Did you see the photos of everyone booing and turning their backs on Robinson as he gave his speech? Well no you won't because that didn't happen they were cheering and taking selfies. But sure just it was all just ordinary people.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Why shouldn't he be there?

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Why shouldn't he be there?

Who said he shouldn't?

As long as he stays within the law he can attend and even give his little speeches.

That doesn't mean he isn't a racist lying thug, and it doesn't stop us making some pretty informed judgments on the people who are there supporting him.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I can't stand the bloke, but he has every right to be there.

So what's the issue?
Why are you whining on about him being there.
Did he break any laws?

People weren't there 'supporting him'.
As much as he may have wanted it to be, it wasn't about him at all.

You seem to be trying your best to make it about him though.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I can't stand the bloke, but he has every right to be there.

So what's the issue?
Why are you whining on about him being there.
Did he break any laws?

People weren't there 'supporting him'.
As much as he may have wanted it to be, it wasn't about him at all.

You seem to be trying your best to make it about him though.

Read my reply again I said he has the right to be there.

That doesn't change who he is or that he was supported by at least some of those in attendance.

His presence is entirely relevant given the pitch made in the OP.

It also doesn't change that some of those in attendance choose to break the law and attack police before the event even started.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
My ancestor was from England ... until he got kicked out and sent to America. Does that mean I can celebrate too?

My ancestor Rev John Lathrop - 1584–1653

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

As long as I can eat hotdogs on 4th of July

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Just the Gammonati doing what the Gammonati do.

" Oi, I'm Eeeenglish, mate.

A waz Baaaawn ere.

Go back to Muslamistan"

Piss and party on a war immoral.

Worship Tommy Robinson, Laugh when Tommy Laughs

Worship Farage, Worship Hopkins, Worship Fox

Watch GB news. Get Angry until their big Gammon Heads explode.

Sing Rool Britannia, but just the bit about the waves and slaves, because they never bothered to look up the rest.

Rinse and repeat.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ohahhupthera
Just the Gammonati doing what the Gammonati do.

" Oi, I'm Eeeenglish, mate.

A waz Baaaawn ere.

Go back to Muslamistan"

Piss and party on a war immoral.

Worship Tommy Robinson, Laugh when Tommy Laughs

Worship Farage, Worship Hopkins, Worship Fox

Watch GB news. Get Angry until their big Gammon Heads explode.

Sing Rool Britannia, but just the bit about the waves and slaves, because they never bothered to look up the rest.

Rinse and repeat.

Thats every bit as racist and reductive as talking about blacks only eating fried chicken and water melon and doing the voice out of tom and jerry.

You are the real, spiritual gammon, speaking like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join