It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden admin weighs labels for products made by Israeli settlers in West Bank

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This is undoubtedly a campaign maneuver to retain votes from Muslim groups.

Biden Administrators claiming to start "LABELING" Jewish made products from specific targeted areas in Israel !!

What does this remind anybody of??

As if Muslim Communities don't already know what's "Jewish" and what "Isn't" 😀

Apparently this was a policy before Trump?

Such a nit-picky micromanaging idea 😃

Wild Banshee Screaming !!

Biden admin weighs labels for products made by Israeli settlers in West Bank: report

The Biden administration is considering requiring labels on imported goods made by Israeli settlers living in the West Bank, according to a report by the Financial Times citing U.S. officials familiar with the plan.

According to the report, the Biden administration hasn't determined the timing for the move or issued its final approval for the policy – though it almost announced it last month following the announcement of a large land seizure in the West Bank by Israel.

The administration reportedly views the label requirement as a means of ratcheting up pressure on Israel to tamp down violence by settlers in the West Bank, as well as to show frustration with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's government amid Israel's war with Hamas in Gaza.

The FT reported that the labeling policy, if it's approved and implemented, would come as a reversal of a 2020 policy advanced by the Trump administration that required goods made in the West Bank be labeled as "Made in Israel."

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Okay, I'll say it.

Just a little yellow star should suffice.

Jeasus H #ing Christ.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Okay, I'll say it.

Just a little yellow star should suffice.

Jeasus H #ing Christ.

As long as those little yellow stars aren't 'Made in Israel'.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It’s obviously pandering.

But we still have aircraft carriers, subs, and proximity based providing them a shield from more actors getting involved.

We clearly still support Israel to a high degree.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   

edit on 8-4-2024 by CriticalStinker because: Dbl

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

But we still have aircraft carriers, subs, and proximity based providing them a shield from more actors getting involved.

We clearly still support Israel to a high degree.

Yeah big CATCH22 "talk and do" 💣

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Pandering to voters that are screaming "Death to Israel" and "Death to America".

That's Joe Biden.
That's today's Democrat Party.

(post by Dandandat3 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Does anybody know if the labels will be in English? or ________? 💡

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Sounds rather Hitlerish. I bet millions of Americans will go out of their way to buy Israeli labeled goods to show support, and to stick it to Biden.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Yea...while I may not agree with what Israel is doing to the general population of Gaza...the people protesting are f#&*in Americans! Basically they're so dumb they are calling for their own death and death to a country which again...I may not agree with...but props up a good half the world with aid money. So if death to America...thats basically death to a huge amount of folks who's countries would implode without that aid. Idiocracy truely was a documentary ahead of its time!

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hopefully this will anger Jewish voters and then both sides of the conflict will despise Joe. I can't wait until the next approval rating stats are released.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

Yes, apparently no one ever told Joe that you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, BUT ....

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Pandering to voters that are screaming "Death to Israel" and "Death to America".

That's Joe Biden.
That's today's Democrat Party.

It’s shady politics for sure.

Pandering is gross. All politicians who do are.
edit on 8-4-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Hope everyone is ready for ambiguous politics when Trump wins.

What’s his talking points been regarding Netanyahu?

Of course it will be seen as 4d chess though with the same style. Aircraft carriers, bases stacked all around, subs, and intelligence. But He’ll suggest the war to end with soft language and policy.

Doesn’t matter who’s in power. Ultimately, things will be the same.

I won’t be deviated if 14m~ Jews hold their line against their current conflicts. Nor will I think they’re above board in their tactics.

Nuance folks.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This is undoubtedly a campaign maneuver to retain votes from Muslim groups.

Yep. He's pandering for those Muslim votes.
Betchya he wants a big yellow star sticker for any Israeli product made.
We are being invaded across the southern border, yet he spends his time on this?
The dude needs to fix things here, not screw around with this Israeli nonsense.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Biden Administrators claiming to start "LABELING" Jewish made products from specific targeted areas in Israel !!

Anything that aids consumer choice is a good thing especially when it highlights goods made by "Israeli settlers" produced on stolen land , can't see why that would be a problem for anyone who supports giving information to shoppers so they can make informed choices.

It doesn't include all Israeli goods just those illegally made by theives.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 05:57 AM
link   

look for the Jewish label

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju
Hopefully this will anger Jewish voters and then both sides of the conflict will despise Joe. I can't wait until the next approval rating stats are released.

The illegal settlers are widely despised by Jews and Israelis due to their extremism, only 4% back the ilegal land grabs - they're like the Westborough Baptist Church but with more murdering anyone who refuses to have their villages stoen.

I thought the US had already banned settlerproduced products in the sanctions in Jan/Feb so seems a bit redundant.
edit on 9-4-2024 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Angry Dementia Joe wants his cake and to eat it too.
Genocide Joe will pander to the Israeli crowd keeping the weapons stream flowing while simultaneously pandering to the antisemites.
BAMN for the votes.
Reminds me of that Father’s Day tale from that 80’s movie Creepshow.
Where’s my cake?!!!
m.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join