It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good old England is dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Corruption can be a process and vice versa. However, the process of confiscation is in fact an essential tool by which the state protects property rights. For example, it is necessary to confiscate property that has been stolen or gained through corruption.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Ha ha ha....yet another example of your fascination and obsession with all things British/English.

Sure, we have problems - pretty much the same as every country - but never under-estimate us, we are at our best when the odds are against us.
British blood still runs true and when needed we'll step up to the plate.

Despite your repeated lame and increasingly predictable and quite frankly boringly inane and toothless threats I still like you RT......but please, less of these propaganda, bait driven nonsensical threads and more of the one's you used to post before Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MBakhtin

Corruption can be a process and vice versa. However, the process of confiscation is in fact an essential tool by which the state protects property rights. For example, it is necessary to confiscate property that has been stolen or gained through corruption.

Any state is an institution of violence. You write an oxymoron when violence against property is protection of property. This is absurd.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Instead of listening to the outside view, you become ossified in your aplomb. It's a pity((((

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Yada Yada Yada.

More Russian butthurt guff.

Yada Yada Yada.

I think you may find you are the one that's absurd RT.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:06 AM
link   

If the country's critical infrastructure is in danger (and the water supply is the part of it), then the state has to intervene. And it's not only a war that can put it in jeopardy. If the key infrastructure which is essential to the survival of the whole nation remains in private hands, then the economic crisis or the irresponsibility of the owners can threaten it.

The article linked probably concerns the nationalization of Thames Water, which is on the verge of bankruptcy:

UK considers nationalization of Thames Water as crisis escalates

The state has different ways to rescue a bankrupt company; it can give loans, buy the shares, restracture it. The Thames Water nationalization would be temporary probably. The company would be put under special administrative regime until a new buyer is found.

The privatization of the water supply is a shameful Thatcher heritage. The critical infrastructure should remain in the hands of the state or, at least, the state should have most of the shares.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Pot meet kettle.

You had an upgrade on Google Translate?

Talking about theft of property.....I'm pretty sure Russia has stolen a fair bit in Ukraine.
And lets face it, most of those oligarchs have stolen their wealth from ordinary, everyday Russian people.....after giving Putin his share of course.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

I am not advocating any specific company. And I do not defend the confiscation of Russian real estate, although confiscation based on the nationality of citizens is a clear form of racism and Nazism. I’m just writing that such a policy leads to the fact that not a single sane investor will ever invest in Britain after such confiscations.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

“Almost sure” is a subjective category.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I am writing not about violence against property but violence against the ownership of property. An easy mistake! And indeed the protection of property through violence against property would be an oxymoron, if all property is the same. But in reality it is possible to preserve some property by violence against other property, for example by forcing a lock in order to remove property from a burning building. Similarly, it is possible to preserve one individual's ownership by violating another's.

Or sometimes through violence against the individuals themselves

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Russian real estate, although confiscation based on the nationality of citizens is a clear form of racism and Nazism.

Are we forgetting Russia occupied approximately 18%/20% of Ukrainian territory for quite a while now?

How you can say that with a straight face is quite frankly beyond me.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:16 AM
link   
You you know how much us Britons care what a silly, ignorant, Russian Troll thinks about us?

Not one bit.

But here's some bedtime reading for you:

racmp.co.uk...

www.royalnavy.mod.uk...

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MBakhtin

I am writing not about violence against property but violence against the ownership of property. An easy mistake! And indeed the protection of property through violence against property would be an oxymoron, if all property is the same. But in reality it is possible to preserve some property by violence against other property, for example by forcing a lock in order to remove property from a burning building. Similarly, it is possible to preserve one individual's ownership by violating another's.

Or sometimes through violence against the individuals themselves

Interest Ask; And who sets the line when violence against property rights is justified? And aren’t the motives behind such violence personal and corrupt interests?

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Oh OK. But the article you linked was primarily about the restructuring of the water supply company. The state has to intervene in such a case, because it's critical to the functioning of the whole country. Economic sanctions against Russia is a different cup of tea. Make up your mind about what you want to discuss.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Do you know how much us Britons care what a silly, ignorant, Russian Troll thinks about us?

Not one bit.

But here's some bedtime reading for you:

racmp.co.uk...

www.royalnavy.mod.uk...

You'll particularly like this bit:

Since 2014, the Russian Federation has presented around 3,500 Ushakov Medals to Arctic Convoy veterans­­, honouring their “contribution to our common victory over Fascism”, Col Elovik said.

“Today we not only celebrate the shared history and joint achievements of Russia and the United Kingdom in World War 2, but also the true brotherhood in arms of our people, a bright example of which were the Arctic Convoys.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy

Oh OK. But the article you linked was primarily about the restructuring of the water supply company. The state has to intervene in such a case, because it's critical to the functioning of the whole country. Economic sanctions against Russia is a different cup of tea. Make up your mind about what you want to discuss.

In this article I was only interested in the traditions of protecting private property and paying compensation when it was taken.
But in my thread I write about complete confiscation without payment of compensation. Agree, these are different things.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: MBakhtin
This is not a process - this is complete corruption.

I will go out on a limb to say, there is COMPLETE corruption alright. I am certain it has been in place, or trying to be in power for a few centuries in the British realm.

I think the Brits are not seeing this from afar. I too sense the collapse of what the British society was supposed to be when they let child rapists get away with it because of their nationality affiliations.
edit on 13000000513120243America/Chicago03am3 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:26 AM
link   

You are beginning to take interest the questions that will lead understanding! The line of when violence against property rights is justified is set by the state or some other entity or group or individual who has the monopoly on violence.

The motives behind such violence can be personal or collective, corrupt or lawful etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 05:29 AM
link   

The mayor of London, Pakistani Sadiq Khan......

I'm pretty sure you recently started a thread where you were extolling the virtues of a multi-national Greater Russian Empire - before you went on an anti-Jew rant - yet here you are having yet more racially motivated digs at people who you seem to believe aren't British.

Oh....didn't you praise Putin for adopting his new found Ugandan brother or son or something?

That my friend is the very definition of hypocrisy and double standards.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join