It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid body armor has been created in Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The OP seems to be offline?
Maybe spending some time with his husband?

Who knows.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

If they weren't all banned for doping?

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I shouldn’t imagine everyone spends their time offline as you do lol though you directed your post about an other member towards a sympathetic ear, someone who confused me for a time with their cousin and insisted on sending me virtual kisses 😳

Non Newtownian liquid would probably be less effective when dehydrated is all I really wanted to add, the disgusting posts in this op are a blemish on ATS and a shame on peeps who should have developed greater restraint.

Disappointing behaviour though I could imagine an application as IED protection.
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

edit on 25-2-2024 by Dalamax because: Eta

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

I shouldn’t imagine everyone spends their time offline as you do

Don't you mean online?

Anyhoo the dehydration of the "non-Newtonian fluid" could indeed impact or compromise the effectiveness of the armour.

Possibly altering the fluid's viscosity and its ability to rapidly harden upon impact.

And other factors could also compromise its effectiveness like exposure to high temperatures, prolonged use, or even contamination.

We would need to see the finished product through before drawing any sort of conclusions as to effectiveness or even shelf life.

edit on 25-2-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I don't need to read your submission or any of the replies"

For the sake of Russia itself, quickly send all troops this armor. When your losses are ten-to-one, or more, your troops sorely need this added protection since Putin seems determined to eliminate his own man power to forever emasculate Russian and make it all too enticing to China. Please forget about the West. The US and most of Europe are doing fine.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is a really interesting invention, regardless of where it came from & whom it will benefit in the first instance. I'm surprised it hasn't been done before in some manner, the non-newtonian fluids are fascinating indeed!

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

This is a really interesting invention, regardless of where it came from & whom it will benefit in the first instance.

If it saves lives I tend to agree.

I'm surprised it hasn't been done before in some manner, the non-newtonian fluids are fascinating indeed!

It has.

Liquid armour is a material under research by defense institutions and universities around the world including the United States Army Research Laboratory. Some of the erliest research in this area was performed at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and University of Delaware in 2003.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 25-2-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
the disgusting posts in this op are a blemish on ATS and a shame on peeps who should have developed greater restraint.

Ooooh, I’m already used to the fact that on the ATS I have a group of fans who instantly come to any of my posts to once again confess their love to me)))
I also love them very much, appreciate them, and sometimes even feel sorry for them. Although I think that such fanaticism can destroy their personalities))))

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

As long as you realise that the statement you made that "Dmitry Bekker created the world's first bulletproof vest from a non-Newtonian liquid" is somewhat inaccurate it's all good.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:44 AM
link   
lol been in American football helmets for decades, y’all should buy them since they will provide you better protection than what you use now, lol signed back in because I noticed how triggered you were that no one acknowledges your post as anything other than troll. I feel bad for any women and children in your life. Here’s a link to a therapist in Moscow www.therapyroute.com...

Cheers to you finding your morale compass friend lolol9ololo9ol.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Not new, old tech being resurrected yet again.

Too bulky for infantry and dismounts. It'll be useful as a vehicle armor way before people are wearing it. Without an exosuit, it's going to slow people down, more effective as EOD suit if anything.

Shear thickening fluid, colloquially known as “liquid body armor”, was developed in 2002 at the United States Army Research Laboratory in Adelphi, Maryland. Two scientists – Norman Wagner, a professor of chemical engineering at the University of Delaware, and Eric Wetzel, a staff member at the laboratory – led the development team. The application for US Patent No. 7,226,878, the patent for “Advanced Body Armor Utilizing Shear Thickening Fluids,” was submitted in 2003 and issued four years later (2). Wagner and Wetzel were subseqently awarded the Paul A. Siple Award, the Army’s highest award for scientific achievement.

A Nanoscale Discovery Shear thickening fluid, colloquially known as “liquid body armor”, was developed in 2002 at the United States Army Research Laboratory in Adelphi, Maryland.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

It's not really a new idea.

If they can get it to work through, it would certainly improve the likes of mobility of the soldiers, where their range of movement is concerned.

www.researchgate.net...

Just the opisit be like wearing 3 parkas at once. It's 4cm thick and has 2 Kevlar inserts. Not only is it restricting be heavy as well. Not a good idea considering you Still need Kevlar plates and we have fibers that do the same thing with a lot less weight. And notice he said be useful especially up north. This tells me it gets very hot wearing it as it holds in heat.

There are liquid body armor however that is mostly used to stiffen the vest from deforming. It's easy to stop a bullet the problem is how much force is applied to the body. If a bullet hits and it just moved 2 inches you could easily break a rib.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Just the opisit be like wearing 3 parkas at once.

Suppose if the liquid could be heated and still retain the same sort of properties it may be beneficial in colder climates.

If you keep on reading you will see I address some of the additional concerns regarding weight, reliability, durability, and shelf life a few posts down.

Interesting stuff all the same and has potential.

But like others have suggested the application may be better suited where the likes of vehicle-mounted armour is concerned due to the limitations of the material in question.

edit on 26-2-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Why not a complete vest made from the material ?

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ChameleonCasper

Weight concerns, reliability, and durability would seem to be the main issues with the material in question.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: Dalamax
the disgusting posts in this op are a blemish on ATS and a shame on peeps who should have developed greater restraint.

Ooooh, I’m already used to the fact that on the ATS I have a group of fans who instantly come to any of my posts to once again confess their love to me)))
I also love them very much, appreciate them, and sometimes even feel sorry for them. Although I think that such fanaticism can destroy their personalities))))

I’m a fan of everyone getting a say without getting kicked like a dog. IRL you may not have wanted my aid or assistance, here I can at least have some space to address each post without preference or prejudice.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

They are guided by the principle that if it is not forbidden to eat # in England, at least there is no prohibiting law, then
will they be guided by the same principle that if it is allowed, they will do it?

If yes, then I congratulate them))))

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You might have missed many posts by RT threatening some of us with death, invasion and nuclear annihilation, etc?

He's a good guy really, he just likes to wind us Brits up.

edit on 26-2-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Why should I turn you on? In 10 years, you yourself will disappear, with this policy of your government. Neither we, nor the Iranians, nor the North Koreans, nor the Houthis even need to interfere in this process. You will do everything with your own hands with chants about holy Tolerance))))

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join