It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anybody found some forms of mind-body medicine don't welcome outsiders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Has anybody heard certain forms of mind body medicine are considered not public by the people who invented them?

I bought a book on a certain form of yoga (not Hatha Yoga) and thought I vaguely recalled being told their people had not intended to give it to the world, and anything I did with it would incur a debt?

At a minimum it would be rude to use, but maybe even no good could result from stealing?
edit on 22-2-2024 by Solvedit because: redirect

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

If it works for you, send them a thank you card with $25 or $50 in it, if it will make you feel better about it.

I wouldn't recommend putting a return address on it though.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'll be honest with you, nothing will come of it if you use it.
There are higher callings (no gods) than humans who invented some yoga.

The person who sold it could ask your question, but he shouldn't either.
You however did nothing wrong, the book came to you for a reason.
Read it. It may be complete rubbish or it might help you.
Mostly it may explain why you shouldn't share this helpful wisdom. If it doesn't, you may have remembered wrong.

I personally can't stand manmade threats, I am the person who ends chain letters. Hate it.

Grow strong, stay rational, believe that you are protected too.
Read the poxy book and judge if it's worth it. If it is, good.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If it works, and is good for people, who are "they" to keep it from the general public?

If they didn't want it shared, they should not have written the book.

Nothing bad is going to happen for reading it, if it doesn't require you to go out and hurt someone else.

But remember, most of the time, if your required to "buy" something, and keep it a secret, it's probably BS.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

its called laughter, it heals you
just like stress and d3pression gives ulcers

and helping others,
because most people when in pain,
will do much more to help someone else
than they would normally do for themselves,
keeping active so joints and muscles dont hurt as much
and keeping stiffness away

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
If they didn't want it shared, they should not have written the book.

A westerner went there to study it, and then wrote a book. Can it be he didn't really have permission to publicize it?

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 02:18 AM
link   

If it is something that works, that other people could benefit from, the negative Karma would fall on those that withhold it, or seek to exploit it

Not those that seek you share it

If they say the sharing incurs a debt (If we are speaking Karma or something similar), then it means it does not work

Only corrupted alignment incurs a debt in sharing (unless it is shared with those who willingly seek and accept it)

True alignment incurs no negative countenance

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit
Has anybody heard certain forms of mind body medicine are considered not public by the people who invented them?

It's a standard marketing ploy for the occult (supposed secret or hidden knowledge), mysticism and what is sometimes called new age philosophy (usually no longer by those promoting it or selling books about it, who don't seem to like that term as much as before anymore*).

Makes it more appealing, more special, more mysterious and 'exotic' (if you make the comparison with the "exotic" spices coming to Europe during the colonial era and their appeal to Europeans). And it makes a person feel more special feeding on it.

Some people today are like sponges; they soak up whatever they come across. It is all too easy to absorb whatever is around us.

But it is far better for each individual personally to choose wisely what he will feed his mind. It is said that we are what we eat, and this can apply to food for both the body and the mind.

“A fool will believe anything.”—PROVERBS 14:15, TODAY’S ENGLISH VERSION.

A completely open mind could be likened to a pipe that lets just anything flow through it—even sewage. No one wants a mind contaminated with poison. Solomon, a king and educator in ancient times, warned: “Anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word, but the shrewd one considers his steps.” (Proverbs 14:15; note this is the same verse in its entirety but from another translation; "a fool" is rendered as "anyone inexperienced") So we need to be selective. We need to scrutinize whatever is presented to us, deciding what to accept and what to reject.

However, we do not want to be so narrow that we refuse to consider facts that can improve our thinking. How can we find the right balance? By adopting a standard with which to measure new information.

Discernment is “acuteness of judgment.” It is “the power or faculty of the mind by which it distinguishes one thing from another.” A person with discernment perceives subtleties of ideas or things and has good judgment.

Using discernment, we will be able to recognize those who are merely using “smooth talk and complimentary speech” in order to “seduce the hearts of guileless ones.” (Romans 16:18) Discernment enables you to discard irrelevant information or misleading facts and distinguish the substance of a matter.

Moreover, if we want to be fair-minded, we must be willing to subject our own opinions to continual testing as we take in new information. We must realize that they are, after all, opinions. Their trustworthiness depends on the validity of our facts, on the quality of our reasoning, and on the standards or values that we choose to apply.

*: What Is the New Age Movement? (Awake!—1994)

IT IS not an organization, yet hundreds of organizations promote its teachings. It has no central leadership, yet its philosophers and masters probably number in the thousands. It does not have an official book of dogmas and beliefs, yet adherents can nurture their creed in virtually every public library throughout the world. It has no personal god to be worshiped, yet it often promotes the idea of a god that can be found everywhere and anywhere.

What is it? It is the New Age movement: a loose mix of religious, cultural, social, political, and scientific ideologies, combined with fascination for Eastern mysticism, the paranormal, the occult, and even some strains of modern psychology. The mix includes belief in astrology, reincarnation, extraterrestrial life, evolution, and life after death. Environmental and health concerns are also important ingredients.

Anyone can join this movement. There is no initiation rite or baptism. Nor do people have to give up their religious affiliations to belong to it. On the other hand, many resent being tagged with the “New Age” label simply because they believe in some of the concepts embraced by the New Age movement or enjoy some of the so-​called New Age art or music.

Devotees seldom identify themselves as New Agers. Actually, the expression “New Age” is used mostly by the media. These days, New Age books, shops, seminars, and programs often avoid the term. The Library Journal explains that “media overexposure in the late 1980s created a backlash about New Age’s more fringe elements (UFOs, channeling, crystals, etc.); this is reflected in the fact that major publishing houses . . . and even New Age presses are increasingly discarding the term New Age.” Thus, many people may be under the influence of New Age thought without even realizing it.

What Is New About It?

Short answer to that last question: not much.

The marketing/propaganda tactics to promote this type of philosophy haven't changed much either. You used to have these temples where the so-called "knowledge" being taught was only for the initiates (devoted students and servants of that temple). These temples were all about promoting and teaching mysticism rather than true knowledge, true insight or true understanding (true enlightenment, true spirituality, etc.). Instead, it's the counterfeit versions of all these things.

Knowledge (Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2)

Knowledge (gno'sis) is put in a very favorable light in the Christian Greek Scriptures. However, not all that men may call “knowledge” is to be sought, because philosophies and views exist that are “falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1Ti 6:20) ...
... Thus Paul wrote about some who were learning (taking in knowledge) “yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge [...] of truth.” (2Ti 3:6, 7)

The nice thing about the truth that Paul was talking about specifically above, it's available to everyone and comes free of charge. Sadly, most people aren't interested in it.

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3,4)

“You received free, give free.” (Matthew 10:8) Jesus issued that instruction to his apostles when he sent them forth to preach the truth and good news about why he came to earth and what will happen soon:

- worldwide peace
- no more death
- no sickness, no aging beyond a certain point of perfect health and vitality
- no suffering, no hardships, no evil, no strife (no more 'divide and conquer' by "the ruler of this world", John 12:31)
- no more deception by "the god of this system of things" "who is misleading the entire inhabited earth" (2 Cor 4:4; Rev 12:9)
and more positive things.

2 Corinthians 4:3-9

If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination* [Or “light.”] of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. 5 For we are preaching, not about ourselves, but about Jesus Christ as Lord and ourselves as your slaves for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God is the one who said: “Let the light shine out of darkness,” and he has shone on our hearts to illuminate them with the glorious knowledge of God by the face of Christ.

7 However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the power beyond what is normal may be God’s and not from us. 8 We are hard-pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out;* [Or possibly, “but not left in despair.”] we are persecuted, but not abandoned; we are knocked down, but not destroyed.

John 8:42-47

Jesus said to them: “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but that One sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot listen to* [Or “accept.”] my word. 44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Who of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it that you do not believe me? 47 The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why you do not listen, because you are not from God.”

Matthew 13:13-15

That is why I speak to them by the use of illustrations; for looking, they look in vain, and hearing, they hear in vain, nor do they get the sense of it. 14 And the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled in their case. It says: ‘You will indeed hear but by no means get the sense of it, and you will indeed look but by no means see. 15 For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back and I heal them.’
edit on 23-5-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

But remember, most of the time, if your required to "buy" something, and keep it a secret, it's probably BS.

Wise words from an inexperienced one, cool.

Would you be willing to consider you may be wrong about this though:

Nothing bad is going to happen for reading it,

If what one is reading isn't true (or "BS" as you put it, compare the expression "sewage" from my sig. and previous comment), you may feed your mind on "false stories" (2 Tim 4:4, see my previous comment) and lies/falsehoods, i.e. mental poison (see previous comment again). Feeding your mind on, or filling your mind with mental poison would be something "bad", no? I understand you do not see it as mental poison "if it doesn't require you to go out and hurt someone else" (or possibly also for other reasons, or in other cases/situations), but you can interpret that question as a hypothetical question then in case you feel like responding to it, or just thinking about it (cause it's a rhetorical question, a question to make a point that follows up on my previous comment, in particular the bottem half after the article about the New Age movement). And you've wasted both your time and money on it (if you bought a book about it for example, or some other means by which money is made, possibly through donations as in a temple, or by monks going through heavily populated areas collecting donations, as Buddhist monks are a good example of).

The time one spends on reading things that aren't actually true, could have been spend on learning the truths/facts/realities/certainties that matter most. It's a useful distraction to be used by the one described in the Bible as "the father of the lie" (John 8:44, see full quotation in my previous comment).

“For God is my witness of how I am longing for all of you with such tender affection as Christ Jesus has. And this is what I continue praying, that your love may abound still more and more with accurate knowledge and full discernment; that you may make sure of the more important things.”—PHIL. 1:8-10.

“Do not treat prophecies with contempt. Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine.” (1 Thessalonians 5:20,21)

“So we should no longer be children, tossed about as by waves and carried here and there by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in deceptive schemes.” (Ephesians 4:14)

“And stop being molded by this system of things,* [ Or “this age.”] but be transformed by making your mind over, so that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” (Romans 12:2)

“Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;” “We have much to say about him, and it is difficult to explain, because you have become dull in your hearing. For although by now* [Lit., “in view of the time.”] you should be teachers, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God, and you have gone back to needing milk, not solid food. For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment* [Or “their perceptive powers.”] trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” (Col 2:8; Hebrews 5:11-14)

“However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, whose conscience is seared as with a branding iron.” (1 Timothy 4:1,2).

That's a prophecy there at the end, as is the prohecy at 2 Timothy 4:3,4 quoted in my previous comment. They are related to one another, describing different details.
edit on 23-5-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join