It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans most forgotten minority, Native Americans left for last...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   
While MSM refocused everyones attention towards far off conflicts and politics unhinged, We the People are failing our fellow Country men and women, Native American people.

Cartels are pushing so far into the USofA, they're in every State now, and making life worse while our government does nothing. What happened to D.A.R.E programs educating kids against drugs and abuse? Government is derelict of duty.

News

Mexican drug cartels are targeting America’s ‘last great place’

Cartel associates have flooded Montana with fentanyl and meth – and also set up operations on Indian reservations, where law enforcement is scarce.

Illegal drugs have long flowed from Mexico to the more remote parts of the U.S. But with the rise of fentanyl, cartel associates have pushed more aggressively into Montana, where pills can be sold for 20 times the price they get in urban centers closer to the border, state and federal law enforcement officials said.

Cartels are in charge not DC anymore...

What will happen, when everything fails?
edit on 10-2-2024 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

When fentanyl hits the streets or an area its the beginning of the end.

And makes a smack, or even crack epidemic, look tame by comparison.

Education is the ticket really, well that and an environment where people do not have to take drugs like fentanyl to escape the pain of reality.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   

The US government has defranchised native Americans centuries ago. Don't expect any redress at this stage. I wager that studies done about their voting patterns and preferances shows that they are not worth much political effort from any side as the power players see it.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It`s a destruction what comes with those drugs , specially fentanyl .

IMO it would time to take this battle directly to Mexico, destroy, burn, kill cartell by any means necessary.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Down to the law of supply and demand, somebody else would simply pick up the slack Kenzo.

All that would be apt to achieve is to shift the problem, drive up the price, and/or even move the majority of the production of the nefarious substance into your own nation even more.

Then there is the fact that the alphabet agencies are buried up to their necks and entwined with the likes of the Mexican drug cartels.

Too much money and profit to be had off the books to consider rocking that boat methinks.

The only way to beat drugs like fentanyl is to make it so people have better things to do than shoot that muck into their arms by my guess.

They need to choose life not drugs, even if it is the ultimate cliché.
edit on 10-2-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I get what you are saying , yes ideally that would be the best, that people would just stop using.

But todays World....some peope want to escape this reality with substances .....

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

some peope want to escape this reality with substances

And thats the real crux of the problem and the heart of the dilemma.

Life hurts, and when people can't take the pain.

They choose drugs to escape reality for a spell.

Education and opportunity are the obvious remedies.

But once the likes of fentanyl have a hold of them, most people are not coming back from that.

There are exceptions to that rule, but they are few and far between.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There's a demand... Synthetic drugs are cheap and easy.

Probably not a common or popular opinion but I say make drugs cheaper and more accessible. At the end of the day they're practically giving billions to organised criminals whilst they deny their citizens what they want or need. Seems a bit #ty to treat people like that tbh.

The way I see it too many fentanyl overdoses had absolutely nothing to do with "hardcore junkies" but someone self medicating or getting recreational with things like Xanax, I have little hope for any change when governments can barely keep on top of the chemicals added to our foods though.

Hard drugs = desperate criminal

Remove the criminal part and about 90% of the bs is removed. I might be naive in thinking a less precarious situation might actually help someone who thinks they need the hard stuff. People who do need the hard stuff shouldn't be criminalised. Nobody is taking fentanyl if they can help it, nobody in their right mind anyways.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Isn't this happening in the same country that instilled several Central American puppet governments and then turned a blind eye to the mass influx of blow. Which they let turn into affordable inner-city crack, so Nancy Reagan could start a War on Drugs (DARE), and fight the epidemic they let happen?

And not acknowledge the other epidemic until Rock Hudson died?

ETA:

In adjacent Idaho, traditionally, The Aryans owned that part of the country's methamphetamine dealings. Coeur d'Alene, which has NEVER had a white-supremacy association, seems like ground zero for the Idaho meth problem from what I read.

It is not JUST Cartels. There was already a substantial market. Until 4 years ago it was PRIMARILY the white power people and bikers doing most of the crank dealings in that part of the country. Now they work together with the Cartels. The make more money with the magical new cutting agent.

A recent Prison bust spanning a 4 state network.

www.justice.gov...
edit on 10-2-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

I think we can talk about the subject as long as we don't directly discuss their use or glorify the nasty sort of substances in any way shape or form.

I could be wrong all the same.

DTOM would be your best bet there i suppose if you wish to ask.

A lot of the time through the mods are just keeping the site right, where any sort of legal ramifications are concerned, and where the discussion of drugs comes up.

(post by AllisVibration removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Its not the legality so much as the owners wanting to avoid bad publicity or hassle for seemingly promoting the use.
edit on Sat Feb 10 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yeah i imagine that's also the case.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

As a former moderator, the ban is more related to discussion of personal use from what I recall.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

What legal ramifications?

I am not quite sure to be honest, stab in the dark, possibly something along the lines of if the site was seen to be promoting the use of illicit or illegal substances, they could be sued.

As long as nobody is buying or selling through this site, we should be free to discuss them, just like other websites.

You're preaching somewhat to the choir on that score but the fact is we are not responsible for the TnC.

But time and again the topic gets shutdown with no explanation whatsoever.

Seen it happen also.

Something you would need to take up with the owners(good luck on that score) or more likely the mods.

Edit: Ask GENERAL EYES more about it, they used to be a mod.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What will happen when billion dollar cartels arm their troops and supporters.... hundreds of thousands of them against a resistant host population?? What, you're telling me they can't afford it or don't have the numbers???

If they're setting up operations on tribal lands, then either the locals have been muscled and silenced into submission, or they are paid off and complicit in their own demise and responsible for the wider destruction.

Are they asking for help?
edit on 10-2-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

What will happen when billion dollar cartels arm their troops and supporters

They are already somewhat armed to the teeth, so there is that.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

What will happen when billion dollar cartels arm their troops and supporters

They are already somewhat armed to the teeth, so there is that.

That's what I'm saying. If they're muscling entire regions of certain states, what's their endgame then and what should be our immediate response? I say this because this is going to fundamentally derail and destroy countless lives and social contracts.

We're going to have to contend with this eventuality, but apathetically denying it's severity is only going to make it that much harder to bring to heel. Could be past that point but that doesn't mean we submit unless you don't give two 💩's about anyone close to you. Folks, we are in the cross hairs in so many ways you should really, REALLY enjoy the relative peace and convenience you have right now.

We're going to miss it.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

That's what I'm saying. If they're muscling entire regions of certain states, what's their endgame then and what should be our immediate response?

Ive not really got any sort of meaningful answer to that question VariedcodeSole.

As to the end game, money, power, and control, spring to mind.

As to contending with it, fentanyl is already becoming a thing where i hail from.

The only real way to tackle drug use and the addiction that goes hand in hand with such is to make it so the people have something better to do, thus don't requiring mainlining synthetic drugs to escape reality and the pain of existence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join