It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS 5-4 rules to allow Federal Government to cut razor wire Texas NG installed at border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Roberts and Barrett sided with the Feds. This is insane.

States should have the right to defend themselves and the Federal Government should not be interfering. The fact that the United States Government went to the SCOTUS to ALLOW people to freely flow into the country is once again showing we may be beyond saving.

Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the U.S. Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions.

The craziest part of all of this?

No one provided any explanation for their vote.

Where is the Federal Law that should take precedence? How is Texas not following the Constitution of the US?

Linki

No reason? This is not going to sit well with Texas and could very well be a Flashpoint between state and federal agencies. It is not only Texas who has people deployed there. There are at least 15 states with NG troops present.

I have a huge problem with this and as a US Citizen you should also.
edit on Janpm31pmf0000002024-01-22T15:09:46-06:000346 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002024-01-22T15:11:14-06:000314 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Link to the 1/4 page document......

States being denied their borders by the federal gov't is gonna be a pretty big deal.

Well...it already is.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This is crazy....

In court papers, the administration said the wire impedes Border Patrol agents from reaching migrants as they cross the river and that, in any case, federal immigration law trumps Texas’ own efforts to stem the flow of migrants into the country. Texas officials have argued that federal agents cut the wire to help groups crossing illegally through the river before taking them in for processing.

Part of the office of governor is protecting your states sovereignty correct?

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The constitution and federal law take precedence? The constitution says federal law doesn't override state law on this matter. And federal law is being broken through their own actions anyway.

Worst. Ruling. Ever.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Seriously though, razor wire?

Does anyone actually believe razor wire stops people from entering the US… how much does a pair of tin snips cost at any hardware store? What like 8 to 12 bucks… maybe 20 something if you wanted the good quantity ones.

Putting razor wire up in the first place just seems more like a cheap political stunt, rather than an actual deterrent for people trying to cross the border… which by the way obviously just creates a general hazard.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

Have you seen what the Texas NG did? This is not a simple one roll.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
F*ck'em
Block them anyway.

Ken Paxton is a sharp dude I'm sure he has some legal back-up plan.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost
Seriously though, razor wire?

Does anyone actually believe razor wire stops people from entering the US… how much does a pair of tin snips cost at any hardware store? What like 8 to 12 bucks… maybe 20 something if you wanted the good quantity ones.

Putting razor wire up in the first place just seems more like a cheap political stunt, rather than an actual deterrent for people trying to cross the border… which by the way obviously just creates a general hazard.

LOL, it creates a hazard to those who would cross our borders illegally. I have some wisdom to impart on you. If you don't swim over and try to sneak in, but instead go through the legal points of entry, there is no razor wire. Go tell North Korea you want to cross into their country and their razor wire hurts your feelz.
edit on 22-1-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 03:47 PM
link   

This is ironic. We are begging our government for a wall and more security at the border.

They say nope - no funding for you.

Now, they are going to PAY government employees to cut down the wire that the states paid for themselves.

So they won’t pay for security to keep illegals out. But they WILL pay for cutting down what little security is there.

In summary: The government is doing exactly the opposite of what the people want.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Tell ya what, I’ll solve your illegal immigration problem instantly.

Firstly, quit attacking all these desperate poor people just trying to make a better life for themselves and start directing your anger at the American citizens who are knowingly hiring them for the cheap labour.

10 years mandatory jail for American citizens who knowingly hire illegal immigrants because their to cheap to pay a proper wage, which most Americans expect… problem solved!

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

If you think all of these "desperate poor people" are here just trying to make a better life for themselves you haven't been paying attention.

And if you think your "remedy" will solve the problem, you haven't been paying attention.
edit on 1/22/2024 by Klassified because: corrections

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

1. Biden is getting his voters

2. Time for Texit and secession

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Firstly, quit attacking all these desperate poor people just trying to make a better life for themselves and start directing your anger at the American citizens who are knowingly hiring them for the cheap labour.

10 years mandatory jail for American citizens who knowingly hire illegal immigrants because their to cheap to pay a proper wage, which most Americans expect… problem solved!

Dont work. its been tried.The flow of felons slowed to almost a trickle when texas did the barb wire. It was working TOO good and DHS had to stop it.Yes i said FELONS since they are breaking a federal law to come into the country.
A EASY fix is to automatically deport people who do not cross over at the associated points of entry. After arresting them of course.

Majority of them are not desperate family people coming in. Just yesterday a FELON from middle east threatened we will all know soon who they are. He is likely a terrorist.
I sure wish we knew what they had on Roberts to vote this way.

Abbot can let DHS come in,but as soon as the buses leave and they are out of custody then they arrest the FELONS and jail them until their court date,as flight risk. More than 1 way to skin a cat.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   

That sounds noble enough yet anyone could apply that statement to activity that is wrong or simply illegal.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Ever heard of a Green Card?

Apparently not.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   

LOL, wanting a secure border is attacking desperate poor people? You seem to have a very loose grasp on reality. Are drug dealers just unlicensed Pharmacists and get a bad rap, or pedophiles just Minor Attracted people being marginalized by "the man"?

List any and all nations that have open borders. Any order you like, alphabetical or by GDP.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Dont work. its been tried.

Not really. The cost of doing business with illegals is more lucrative than the fines or consequences.

We have never held business accountable for hiring illegals where it became not worth the risk. Its like the pharma companies pushing bad drugs knowing they will get 4 billion dollar lawsuits but its worth taking the risk because they will make 20 Billion even if they get sued for 4 billion.

Besides that , the gov't and public sector looks the other way and the system is made to pretend illegals are legals. I owned a business and had a payroll company that I used to vet new hires. One person applied with a SS card number that was clearly fake. However I ran it anyways out of curiosity and even the payroll company called me back to make sure that was the right number. I said yup that is the number and the payroll company ok they will run it but its going to fail. Guess what it didn't fail it passed the check . Both the payroll company and myself were puzzled. Clearly it was fake, I didn't end up hiring the person but later on I found out that in fact that person was an illegal immigrant.

Its all a show . If we really stopped illegals our economy would tank over night. Its not that Americans cant do the jobs its that illegals are so ingrained into such big sectors of the economy that we would crash. it needs to be done appropriately.

The wall and the current penalty system in place is politics . The illegals are still getting through but with documented fake papers.

Im not saying the wall doesn't have its place or use, but the fastest and most effective method to stop 90% of the people coming here illegally for valid reasons such as bettering their live and work is by making it not cost effective for business to hire them.

edit on 36131America/ChicagoMon, 22 Jan 2024 16:36:16 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The States with borders with Mexico should be allowed to control them.

I usually side more with the liberals, because hey, I think women are smart enough to make their own healthcare decisions instead of old white male politicians who don't even know what a clitoris is. But here, those borders affect those states disproportionately. This time the Republicans have right, to a point. WE ARE NOT OR WILL WE EVER CLOSE OUR BORDERS COMPLETELY. So Republicans, if you really want to fix the border, you need to understand that. But we could set a number. We could look at people more closely before we let them in. We could hire more people to process the paperwork. We could build SOME WALL WHERE APPROPRIATE. Get the idea of a wall across the entire border out of your mind also. It would take decades just to get through the court cases it would produce. AND WE COULD LET STATES WHO HAVE A BORDER WITH MEXICO, POLICE THAT BORDER.

The Court seems to be pissing off most Americans one way or another these days. Probably because everyone sees it as POLITICAL now instead of a Court that seriously decides on the constitutionality of laws. Seems to me, several Justices have been living a pretty good life while ruling on cases that seem to be providing that pretty good life.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

but the odd thing is he isnt trump is polling near 40% with latinos(39% actually) www.theguardian.com... which is almost unheard of for a republican president

A USA Today and Suffolk University survey showed Trump was ahead with 39% support among Latino voters surveyed, compared with Biden’s 34%, signaling a slump since 2020, when Biden garnered 65% of the approval from Latino voters.
and with between 20-22% of african americans saying they will vote for trump bidens in trouble

www.nbcnews.com...

But an October New York Times/ Siena poll of voters in six battleground states also indicates a potential shift from 2020. Seventy-one percent of Black voters said they would likely vote for Biden if they had to choose a candidate, and 22% said they would likely choose Trump. The voters were in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — six states considered the most crucial for a presidential win in 2024.

now on to scotus ruling on paper it seems like this is how it was going to go from the start (fed winning and all) but i some how dont think the issue is going to be solved any time soon short of some kind of federal law or massive change in policy that stops the stream of illegal aliens coming into the country

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I hope those formerly black Biden supporters embrace their new orange delegation.

a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join