It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senate Finally Unanimously Agree on Something - Adopt Formal Dress Code Resolution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I am surprised. The senate did the right thing. They formally adopted a 'formal dress code'. Forced to do so because of slob John Fetterman wearing a hoodie and shorts to the senate. You'd think he'd know better and would have more respect for the office. But no. Now he's being forced to respect it. Oh well .... at least the senate did the right thing. Kudos to Sen. Joe Manchin for putting this forward.

Senator Joe Manchins Resolution Encoring Formal Wear Unanimously Adopted

The great sartorial scandal over John Fetterman's signature hoodie-and-shorts has now come to a close after the Senate unanimously passed a resolution enacting a formal dress code.

The resolution, brought forth by fellow Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin, W. Va., passed without a formal vote by unanimous consent and clarified that the Senate floor would have a formal dress code.

Hours earlier, Fetterman had already announced he would wear a suit and tie while speaking or presiding over the Senate floor. Fetterman, like others, could still wear his trademark garb and vote from the cloak room on the edge of the Senate floor.

Though we've never had an official dress code, the events over the past week have made us all feel as though formalizing one is the right path forward,' Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said on the Senate floor.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Schumer removed the dress code 2 weeks ago. Biden didnt care. Sick men. Horrible leaders.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The country must be doing pretty good considering the Right has been intently focused on making sure the Senate has a dress code for weeks.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
the Right has been intently focused on making sure the Senate has a dress code for weeks.

This was put forward by a DEMOCRAT - Joe Manchin.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Maybe they were concerned that Rand Paul REALLY WOULD show up in a robe and barefoot.

I mean really, I'm sure he could rock it.

And I would pay good money to see one of them rocking a "Lets Go Brandon" T shirt.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

the Right has been intently focused on making sure the Senate has a dress code for weeks.

oh, that's awkward.......

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The country must be doing pretty good considering the Right has been intently focused on making sure the Senate has a dress code for weeks.

I think we have found the problem. Dems cannot multitask. They can only focus on one thing at a time, and if they are distracted, they will do nothing. Someone let some squirrels go near 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Einstein didn’t think fancy clothing was important

The richest people in the world don’t think fancy clothes are important
Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, Musk, Bezos,

A lot of people at the top of their industry are the exact same way..

We waste so many precious moments concerning ourselves with frivolous details. An outfit will not change the world, it probably won't even change your day.

Einstein
edit on 28-9-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Maybe they were concerned that Rand Paul REALLY WOULD show up in a robe and barefoot.

I mean really, I'm sure he could rock it.

And I would pay good money to see one of them rocking a "Lets Go Brandon" T shirt.

Senator Susan Collins was preparing to show up in a Bikini.

www.themainewire.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well that did not last long, is always the "idiots" that will abuse the new free willy options, even withing elected leaders we have such "idiots".

People should take a good look at what they chose to represent them in the nation.

Yes this "idiots" needs "dress codes", yes they do, because you know they are "idiots".

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

We waste so many precious moments concerning ourselves with frivolous details. An outfit will not change the world, it probably won't even change your day.

Einstein

I remember reading about the founder of Walmart (Sam?) showing up for board meetings in overalls and a smoke-belching old red pickup truck, smelling like a farm.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Einstein

If you are a United States Senator, you should look and act accordingly. that is all.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I remember reading about the founder of Walmart (Sam?) showing up for board meetings in overalls and a smoke-belching old red pickup truck, smelling like a farm.

A lot of the ultra wealthy dress very normally, or even a notch below what is considered normal.
It’s only people that want to be portrayed as rich/powerful that believe you need to dress up.

LOOK how fast they passed a dress code. SEE they can do stuff when they want to. Now just image if they could help the average taxpayer with taxes, or rising interest rates or a zillion other things that would actually have an impact on our lives…. Instead it’s all a show, get the peons all in a tizzy over clothing…. So so important. 🤣

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Lol, professionalism and adulthood have no place in your POV.
Mentally retarded AND a slob, as a US Senator. And your only opinion is to poke fun at anybody trying to do better.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Don’t confuse the poor fella with what really happened. Their pretend world is really all they need and want.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

A lot of the ultra wealthy dress very normally, or even a notch below what is considered normal.
It’s only people that want to be portrayed as rich/powerful that believe you need to dress up.

LOOK how fast they passed a dress code. SEE they can do stuff when they want to. Now just image if they could help the average taxpayer with taxes, or rising interest rates or a zillion other things that would actually have an impact on our lives…. Instead it’s all a show, get the peons all in a tizzy over clothing…. So so important. 🤣

It’s the top level of leadership in the USA.

And they’re not being asked to wear tails and top hats.

Maybe just a jacket and tie that they can buy at Goodwill.

I never had you pegged as somebody who would scoff at having any standards whatsoever. Learn something new every day. Enjoy being in that group of folks.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Einstein

A billionaire has their own set of rules.

Public servants should still have a modicum of decency and decorum. Unless you’re hoping for 100 Goofy Fettermans in the senate.

Chucky was all for the dress code for his first 40 years in the govt, then against it when he thought it would get him some far left donations and votes, and he’ll be for it again ASAP while taking credit for this development.

They placed so much value on wearing fake African scarves. Why not a cheap jacket and tie.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Schumer removed the dress code 2 weeks ago. Biden didnt care. Sick men. Horrible leaders.

Incompetent, incontinent, and incoherent.

The democrat trifecta.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Lol, professionalism and adulthood have no place in your POV.
Mentally retarded AND a slob, as a US Senator. And your only opinion is to poke fun at anybody trying to do better.

I went through having to wear a uniform, then casual business attire, then a suit and tie in the course of my career.

Now that I have topped out I get away with a sport coat and jeans and nobody comments on it - because I earned it and have value to the company it isn’t an issue.

I did not show up for my first day of work wearing gym clothes with nothing else to offer my employer.

Fetterman is the new guy on the block and has the arrogance to show up dressed like a slob with little proof that he has anything else to offer.
edit on 28-9-2023 by NorthOfStuffx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Einstein

Einstein didn’t worry about chasing fashion by dressing as a professional?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join