It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stockton Stickman Video, the viral thief beatdown

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

ok I watched it again (feels good) I didnt count but yeah, just before he got his azz beat you can see the barrel is well over half full.
I withdraw my assumption of a misdemeanor to add that the average cost of a pack in Cali is $8.14
so glad I quit

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
How ignorant do you have to be to ignore a Sikh in a turban the most militant badasses in India. It would be like ignoring a Marine..."Semper Malus" !

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: machineintelligence

That’s assault and would be guaranteed a criminal sentence in my country
Society is looking a bit absurd

What we saw is theft and a felony that OUGHT to be guaranteed a criminal sentence, but often is not. Why should an assault be charged, but felony theft allowed to go free? That beatdown was heartwarming to see. The guy was not seriously hurt and will likely be out on bail ready to commit another felony within 24 hours.

Are you looking for an argument?
It’s absurd in my country that a criminal assaulted in a criminal activity can sue for damages, a person trying to stop them
I understand why the government doesn’t allow vigilante justice but, it’s wrong not being allowed to intervene without fear of the legal system

Simply in Australia, the actions of that shopkeeper would incur a criminal charge and insane legal fees to defend

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 02:46 AM
link   

should be legal to shoot someone below the waist if they are doing this crap. The beating isn't much of a deterrent but getting your kneecap blown out certainly would be.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Ch1nch1lla

Or do a favor to future generations by making sure it can't breed again.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Issue here is Australia is retaliation against a criminal with no weapon

The glaring fault there is are you going to ask the perp that ?
That'll get one dead .

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Walk softly and carry a Sikh cashier.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Personally, I wanted him to beat him longer and harder. He didn't hit him nearly enough on the torso.

This needs to happen more often.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

i saw the follow up where they eventually let him go and he's crying and pretending to not be able to walk, looking for sympathy. Then he asks for a soda and gets scolded again. He learned nothing.
Had he offered to sweep up the parking lot and pick up trash they'd probably have given him something to eat and drink. Instead he went knuckle dragger thug on them and they let him know they were not having any of it. Mike Brown, remember him? He did the same thing and then tried to attack a cop like a raging bull and paid for it with his life.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

That’s assault and would be guaranteed a criminal sentence in my country
Society is looking a bit absurd

What we saw is theft and a felony that OUGHT to be guaranteed a criminal sentence, but often is not. Why should an assault be charged, but felony theft allowed to go free? That beatdown was heartwarming to see. The guy was not seriously hurt and will likely be out on bail ready to commit another felony within 24 hours.

Are you looking for an argument?

It was not clear in your OP exactly what side you were on. In any case, it doesn't matter at all what the law in your country is. What matters is the law in the country where it happened. I wouldn't be surprised if it is technically the same, but prosecutors have discretion on whether or not to bring charges at all.
edit on 8/6/2023 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
He’s lucky he didn’t get shot. Moment he reached for his back after making the claim he had a weapon while in the middle of committing a crime, lots of trained responsible gun owners would have shot him. If a police officer was there and he reached like that more than likely he would get shot or tazed depending on what the police officer pulled. I hope charges are brought against that asshole and i hope someone buys the store owner a firearm.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

The law in California allows shoplifting with no jail time, right?

So people are just going into stores with bags (and apparently cans) and walking out with whatever they want.

Since calling the neutered police is pointless I imagine as this continues some business owners won't bother calling the cops at all and more incidents will end this way or worse.

I'm sure by now we've all seen multiple videos of brazen, daylight shoplifting in California, I've seen at least 20 on fb.

Can anyone post one of these videos that doesn't feature a criminal that's black?

I'll wait...

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Personally I would've smashed the guy's camera who was filming this. I would've told him " ain't nothin you can do till the cops come buddy. You got insurance right?"

Smashing the guys camera would also be grounds for you joining the guy on the floor.

Hint: Theft with threat of harm (the guy reaching for a weapon), and destroying personal property are legal grounds for victims to defend themselves using any and all means available.
There is no law in any state that says "You can't do nothin' till the cops come".
The right to self defense is still very real.
edit on 6-8-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Next time i post a thread and talk about what ive been up to all this time, some of those questions may be answered. Im American and still believe that our construct and foundation based upon common sense human to human interactions and our guidelines and inalienable rights layed out by our forefathers of this country should not only be adhered but honored. That black man is lucky to have his life, some places like where i live just giving the threat of using a weapon is enough to justify someone drawing down and blowing your brains out whether or not your gangsta as # or not. I call it urban culture so i dont come off as rayciss with that said folks a part of this have a mentality gyrating towards eff you what about me. Violence in this culture is a cornerstone, people don’t love people or respect people in this realm, they are objects to be bent twisted and manipulated to every whim big bad gamgsta boy wamts.these times are coming to an end when folks stop becoming victims and start becoming more pro active

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It’s irrelevant what side I am on, just explaining what happens in my society if you take on the role of prosecutor
And as for it’s relevancy, I thought it was worth sharing, irrespective of your opinion

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The people beating the man are violent criminals and should be locked up.

He stealing because he feels he is "justified".

They are beating a non-violent offender because they too feel "justified".

Really, the only difference is one is violent and the other isn't.
edit on August 6th 2023 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

fvck his "feelings"
his feelings dont entitle him to someone elses property, they werent violent until they were forced to defend themselves and their property....gtfoh

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

originally posted by: datguy
.gtfoh

Actually, no, I won't gtoh, I'm staying. You can't bully me like you want to.

Mob mentality relies on silencing of opposing views - so no I won't go.
You little group of posters like to gang up on opposing views, so they don't get heard. You purposely mis-characterize what i wrote so it will lose value.
If you were right, you wouldn't have to do that....
It's a sign of a weak person who is in the wrong....

No, mobs should not beat up a non-violent criminal because they don't like the justice system.
Innocent people eventually get hurt and horrific things happen to society

You don't have that right....

And if you think you can appoint yourself judge/jury and executioner - you are FAR FAR more dangerous than any shoplifter!
edit on August 7th 2023 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

They should have shot him.

But the beatdown will suffice.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Vigilantes? You are correct. This should not happen in a situation like this.
My company or my house which is my property? I will beat you till you are unconscious if I feel a threat. Pull a weapon and you get a toe tag.

I will then take my chances in court. If i have to do PTI/PDI or even a few months so be it.

I am tired of seeing videos of criminals in stores, knocking out old people in the streets and reckless abandon because it is now emboldening a new class of people and that is not the criminals but those who feel entitled.

I went to the mall the other day with my 14 y/o daughter. I could not believe how people acted and just walk like they own the place. No consideration. But say something and you are RACIST and they can be white....right?

Triggers cancel Triggers....

edit on Augpm31pmf0000002023-08-07T15:21:43-05:000343 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join