It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Rate These News Services - Conservative Moderate Liberal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I've been using news feeds and have placed the news services into categories as follows . . .

Main Categories
* Regional (REG)
* Alternative (ALT)
* Main Stream (MSM)

Sub-Categories
* Conservative (CON)
* Moderate (MOD)
* Liberal (LIB)
* Foreign (FOR)
* Religious (REL)

My question is how would you rate the following news services and would you include any other categories? Also, feel free to suggest news feeds I haven't listed. Thanks in advance.

News Max, One America News Network, The Gateway Pundit, The Epoch Times, Aol.com, CBSNews.com, FOX News, Associated Press, NBC, Newsweek, PBS, USA TODAY, CBN, Al Jazeera, CBC, Finland Today, Mexico News Daily, Copenhagen Post, TASS, and The Moscow Times.

Once again, thanks.

ETA: The main and sub categories can be combined. For example, CBC (FOR-LIB) or CBN (REL-CON), etc.

edit on 20-7-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I miss the good ol' days when news outlets had only two categories: reliable or unreliable.

Looking back, I guess those days never were. Not in my lifetime, anyway. It's always been different flavors of propaganda.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Yes, good categories, reliable or unreliable or accurate and inaccurate, and biased and unbiased.
edit on 20-7-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
Great Michigan morning to ya MSB!✌️.You're a lot like me reading everything.

There's a BIGGGGGGGG secret about reporting, posting and "news" : It doesn't have to be true...to be "news".

Take care up☝️there! MS

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Great Michigan morning to ya MSB!✌️.You're a lot like me reading everything.

There's a BIGGGGGGGG secret about reporting, posting and "news" : It doesn't have to be true...to be "news".

Take care up☝️there! MS

Hum, another strange twist in this parallel world, "fiction is news". Why do I feel like I'm a character in Orwell's 1984? If not that, then some prequel to 1984.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
RAV - Real America's Voice
Conservative
Free App
Features Ed Henry and.Karyn Turk on "American Sunrise" from 8am to 10am followed by Steve Bannon in the "War Room" at 10am to noon. Charlie Kirk at noon.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   

How Do You Rate These News Services - Conservative Moderate Liberal?

liars all, conservative, moderate, or liberal. and pod casters are even worse.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If somebody wants to know what the weather is like, look out of a door or window. If you wanna know the score of a sporting match, one should just go and watch it live. Everything else is just creative writing with only one purpose or agenda, ratings. Advertising runs the idea of exchanging information for revenue and with every single source mentioned having a CEO driven board of directors, the shareholders are bound by law to be more important than the accuracy of the information they provide. People who follow news "sources" are very much like those who just, "give it to God" whenever something challenging occurs in their lives. It absolves them of the responsibility for taking control of their own narrative, which IMO is rather lazy and unproductive, which is the American way.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I miss the good ol' days when news outlets had only two categories: reliable or unreliable.

Yeah, whatever happened to reliable?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I've been using news feeds and have placed the news services into categories as follows . . .

Main Categories
* Regional (REG)
* Alternative (ALT)
* Main Stream (MSM)

Sub-Categories
* Conservative (CON) News Max, One America News Network, The Gateway Pundit, The Epoch Times,FOX News,
* Moderate (MOD) Wallstreet Journal
* Liberal (LIB) Associated Press, NBC, Newsweek, PBS, USA TODAY,
* Foreign (FOR) Finland Today, Mexico News Daily, Copenhagen Post, TASS, and The Moscow Times.
* Religious (REL) CBN

My question is how would you rate the following news services and would you include any other categories? Also, feel free to suggest news feeds I haven't listed. Thanks in advance.

News Max, One America News Network, The Gateway Pundit, The Epoch Times, Aol.com, CBSNews.com, FOX News, Associated Press, NBC, Newsweek, PBS, USA TODAY, CBN, Al Jazeera, CBC, Finland Today, Mexico News Daily, Copenhagen Post, TASS, and The Moscow Times.

Once again, thanks.

ETA: The main and sub categories can be combined. For example, CBC (FOR-LIB) or CBN (REL-CON), etc.

How about these categories instead

Factual: Wall Street Journal, Epoch Times

Leftist Government Propaganda: Aol.com, CBSNews.com, Associated Press, NBC, Newsweek, PBS, USA TODAY, NYT

Right Wing Propaganda: News Max, One America News Network, The Gateway Pundit, FOX News,

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Was this a test? LOL, you didn't list any regional? Are there any regional in Michigan?

For regional, we have Texas Tribune, (leftist propaganda), Texas Monthly (leftist propaganda for rich people), and a smattering of big city Dailies no one but the Cultural Marxists read.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Not 'cause of me, brother. Carry on...

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Was this a test? LOL, you didn't list any regional? Are there any regional in Michigan?

For regional, we have Texas Tribune, (leftist propaganda), Texas Monthly (leftist propaganda for rich people), and a smattering of big city Dailies no one but the Cultural Marxists read.

Yes, but those are MSM affiliates. I put up some regional sources from Detroit, Chicago and Grand Rapids, the three largest metro areas in my region.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   
From what iv'e seen of NewsMax and OAN (One America News), they are very conservative. More right-wing than Fox.

I'd add in VICE News. Leaning towards MOD-LIB, but the world news is pretty good and not heavily bias. I think they put out some good documentaries.

As a side note, it's truely beyond me why anyone watches CNN, Fox, OAN, NewsMax, MSNBC anymore. It's pure bias party propaganda. I really hope people start to ditch those big networks.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Yeah, whatever happened to reliable?

Reliable got swtiched out for "telling you what you want to hear". Want to hear pundits reconfirm your left-wing ideas and blame your problems on the right? Go to CNN, MSNBC, ect.. Want to be told how its all democrats fault and America will fail without conservatives? Go Fox News, NewsMax, OAN, ect...

Not too sure when it happend, but I think Fox News got it started in the 90s, then other networks saw how high the ratings were for Fox News and started moving towards opinionated news cycles.

Plus, you got the government slowly sinking its teeth into the media since god-knows when.

I believe my parents said, if an opinion-based segment came on, there used to be something saying that this was NOT news and an opinion segement. They must of got rid of that in the 90s too?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

If "americasvoice.news" is what you were referring to, it doesn't have a news feed, not that I could find.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, could have expected this one, I have another category, "Artificial News". This is AI created news stories, something the Associated Press is trying out.

The New York Times first reported on Google’s development of the tool, known as Genesis, which the newspaper said has been pitched to news organisations including the Times, the Washington Post, and Wall Street Journal-owner News Corp.
Some news executives who saw Google’s pitch described it as “unsettling”, the Times said in its report, which cited people familiar with the product.
While some media organisations have begun to use generative AI, newsrooms have been generally slow to embrace the technology for news-gathering purposes amid concerns about accuracy, plagiarism, and copyright. Last week, the Associated Press announced a partnership with OpenAI allowing the ChatGPT creator to use the news organisation’s archives going back to 1985 to train AI.

Source

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:52 PM
link   

None of my favorites are listed.

I like ones that go out of the way to keep as centered as possible. My favorite ones are:

Forbes
Christian Science Monitor
Reuters
Jerusalem Post
Newsweek
WSJ

Science Alert and Phys.org for science stuff.

Forbes is the most left-leaning of the ones I like.
CSM leans very slightly left.
Newsweek is mostly centered despite it's reputation.
Reuters and Jerusalem Post have no consistent lean.
WSJ is like the only one that leans slightly right. Really hard to find a "slightly right-leaning" news source too.

Plenty more I'm not a fan of.

On the left: Al Jazeera, NPR, ABC, New York Times, with Huff Post and MSNBC the least liked.

On the right: Fox News, Newsmax, Gateway Pundit, with Breitbart the most off-putting of them all.

I tend to notice the bias of those and be turned off by hard leaning sources. I find myself thinking, "Just let me read the flippin' story without you telling me how to think about it, damn you."
edit on 21-7-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:52 AM
link   
try this: Ground News

go to the website, then click on a story... it tries to bring up 10-30 references to that same story in different new platforms. The different sources are given labels such as: "left" "right" "mixed factuality" "wealthy owner" "government".
Read one given story through several different lenses, and form an opinion for yourself.

this one: Media Bias Fact Check

seems only to rate the news sites and their anchor-persons... doesn't analyze individual stories that I can tell.

Recall that the entire "fact-checking" industry is a fraudulent psy-op brought to you by the usual suspects with money to burn, so these sites, like all news sources should be considered suspect.

new topics

top topics

join