It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeSantis chases Disney from Florida. Heading to Atlanta?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It begins here
At first it was Carolina.

It is being reported now by Medium.com that Atlanta will be the new home of Disney.

The Medium post began:

Disney World Leaves Florida For Georgia

In a stunning move, the Walt Disney Company has announced that it will be relocating Disney World from Orlando, Florida to a new 1000-acre parcel of land outside Atlanta, Georgia. The groundbreaking ceremony is scheduled for August 2023.

While some Disney fans are excited about the change, others are expressing concern over the move. Many are speculating that the decision was made in reaction to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis' recent frustration with Disney's policies, particularly its mask mandates and vaccine requirements. However, Disney executives have declined to comment on these rumors.

The new park in Atlanta will reportedly feature many of the same beloved attractions and characters as the current Disney World, but with a few new additions tailored to the Atlanta area. For example, visitors can look forward to a new "Gone with the Wind" ride, a "Coca-Cola World" exhibit, and an "Atlanta Braves" baseball experience.

This is possibly just a pipe dream for Disney.
edit on 25-4-2023 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on Tue Apr 25 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
It begins here

It is being reported that by Medium.com that Atlanta will be the new home of Disney.

The Medium post began:

Disney World Leaves Florida For Georgia

In a stunning move, the Walt Disney Company has announced that it will be relocating Disney World from Orlando, Florida to a new 1000-acre parcel of land outside Atlanta, Georgia. The groundbreaking ceremony is scheduled for August 2023.

While some Disney fans are excited about the change, others are expressing concern over the move. Many are speculating that the decision was made in reaction to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis' recent frustration with Disney's policies, particularly its mask mandates and vaccine requirements. However, Disney executives have declined to comment on these rumors.

The new park in Atlanta will reportedly feature many of the same beloved attractions and characters as the current Disney World, but with a few new additions tailored to the Atlanta area. For example, visitors can look forward to a new "Gone with the Wind" ride, a "Coca-Cola World" exhibit, and an "Atlanta Braves" baseball experience.

Please let this be wrong. Atlanta doesn't need, nor want anymore of the crazed lefties. They will find quite a bit of disdain from all counties outside of Fulton if they try. The only blue area in the entire state is central Atlanta.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
They are not going anywhere.

News

link   
There is a new bill about the Florida Railway by the FL Legislature that I saw on MSM earlier. I would like to find again to share. That report was pointing out the Mask mandate hurt Disney. Did it do that? IDK about that at all? Disney is woke as any business and mask mandate was the woke calling card during that Covid scare.
Link to one of the bills that might have Disney upset
edit on 25-4-2023 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

link   
It appears to be untrue per local Atlanta news.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: EmeraldCoastFreedm

LOL< but snopes?.

I did state it is a pipe dream. I am sure we can find something honest to debunk the Carolina or GA stories.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

It appears to be untrue per local Atlanta news.

Now we have a good chance to be wrong. I think the discussion isn't over as to the part that Disney is feeling a pinch and wanting to get out from under DeSantis. Disney is definitely under a microscope right now judging from the Orlando Sentinel link I shared, and the rumor of Atlanta we will have to call it now, there could be fire under that smoke.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Is the climate for business better in Georgia these days?
Last I heard Florida was amongst the most business friendly states?
Is Disney willing to pay all that extra just for phony wokeness?

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   

LOL< but snopes?.

I did state it is a pipe dream. I am sure we can find something honest to debunk the Carolina or GA stories.

Disney doesnt have the Billions and Billions it would take to move, build a new park ect.
Let alone the weather differences
edit on 25-4-2023 by EmeraldCoastFreedm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Is the climate for business better in Georgia these days?
Last I heard Florida was amongst the most business friendly states?
Is Disney willing to pay all that extra just for phony wokeness?

Unfortunately, Atlanta has become the new movie/TV studio haven....I wouldn't be surprised if Disney followed suit.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Disney owned marvel and they already do a lot of film work in Georgia don’t they?
I do know they get tax breaks to do that business there.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I predict Disney will remain in Florida long after DeSantis is governor. So far the mouse has outsmarted him multiple times and the amount of property they own, infrastructure etc is huge. The Disney World fan base is huge. And there seems to be some anger brewing. I've seen lots of complaints from those who were flooded in Fort Lauderdale, while DeSantis was quiet for days while he traipsed around other states and still picked fights with the mouse.

Of course I may be wrong and with the weather lately who knows how much of Florida will remain liveable the future.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Disney owned marvel and they already do a lot of film work in Georgia don’t they?

Yes they all do, Also probably why Georgia is going more blue.

Taxbreaks

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Of course I may be wrong and with the weather lately who knows how much of Florida will remain liveable the future.

That’s going to age about as well as the global cooling bs in the 70’s.
But sell that crap anyway, right?
Lol

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Artists usually aren’t maga people.
Disney would need bigger breaks than that to relocate and rebuild.
It snows in the ATL doesn’t it?

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
I predict Disney will remain in Florida long after DeSantis is governor. So far the mouse has outsmarted him multiple times and the amount of property they own, infrastructure etc is huge. The Disney World fan base is huge. And there seems to be some anger brewing. I've seen lots of complaints from those who were flooded in Fort Lauderdale, while DeSantis was quiet for days while he traipsed around other states and still picked fights with the mouse.

LOL....liveable in the future? It will be liveable LONG after we are all gone.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm

LOL< but snopes?.

Disney doesnt have the Billions and Billions it would take to move, build a new park ect.
Let alone the weather differences

If they did it would be to save Billions, and that requires some math to balance out the cost verses the reward. There might be a group of investors who are playing a long game if this ever happens.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I made no mention of global warming. I stated the weather has been a bit wonky lately. Not just there. It may be weird for a variety of reasons. Maybe it'll straighten back out, maybe it won't. I'm not a scientist. I mean personally I enjoyed the 80 degree weeks in April in Michigan.

My only prediction is Disney remains. If Florida seceeded as some are calling for, or as MTG calls it, "a national divorce"? I'm not sure they stay.
edit on 25-4-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm

Yes they all do, Also probably why Georgia is going more blue.

Taxbreaks

Well, GA isn't going more blue, it's Atlanta and the politicians that run Atlanta that are all blue. GA, outside of Atlanta proper, is massively red.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453
Yeah
Temporary changes in El Niño and La Niña are going to make it unlivable for the future.
Sure
Lol

You people are straight up loony.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join