It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Trump grifted the MAGA crowd again?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC) has seen some significant volatility in the market since the news that Trump will use this special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) as a mechanism to launch his TRUTH social media platform. The companies market cap exploded to multiple billions of dollars.

The stock continues to plummet today, to realize a almost 60% drop in market value since October 22nd highs.

I would like to posit that this doomed venture is conspiracy and a scheme for Trump to grift the MAGA nation of more money. SPAC's have become very popular for retail investors, and some have made tremendous amounts of money, while others have lost.

Like TrumpU, Like his campaign donations, I feel this is another way Trump plans to line his, his families or his allies pockets. Trump's successful grift will be contrasted by the failure of this media platform. At the end of the day, he will still count himself as a winner.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It’s not like they are on the hook for reckless government spending or anything….

Or insider trading like Pelosi and her husband through government contacts and regulations.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That 3.1% unemployment and low gas prices and low food prices and mass prosperity all look mighty good right about now don't they. Not to mention the current abuse of Humans at the Border makes the old policies from last year look great and Humane ! 😎

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
It’s not like they are on the hook for reckless government spending or anything….

Or insider trading like Pelosi and her husband through government contacts and regulations.

$Trillions vs chicken feed made up stories 😎

Treasury looting vs finding 2 quarters on a sidewalk 😎

+43 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

So let me get this straight, after Trump complains about getting kicked from social media ya'll say "it's private they can do what they want, make your own social media platform". Then when he does it's "grifting". 🤔🙄

But Hunter biden's obvious blatant scam selling his finger paintings to unknown buyers for millions and millions is totally legit. You guys are so smart I tell ya.🤣
edit on 10/27/2021 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Then when he does it's "grifting"

Well, it is apparent that retail investors that bought in $110+ per share have now lost their shirt. I wonder were all those profits went?

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The cost is zero.

In all seriousness.
It's not uncommon for a new stock to be overvalued and drop considerably when the dust settles.

edit on 27-10-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

Well, it is apparent that retail investors that bought in $110+ per share have now lost their shirt. I wonder were all those profits went?

LOL, you don't understand investing at all, do you?

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Biden is at the helm.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

lol, oh but I do. It astounds me how little you have to contribute these days. You must be desperate for attention.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

lol, oh but I do. It astounds me how little you have to contribute these days. You must be desperate for attention.

I'm not the one showing how little I understand about stocks. Isn't this your thread? The one thinking Trump somehow controls the price of a newly issued stock? I'm good on the attention thing, but you may want to do a little investigation into stocks 101.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The cost is zero.

In all seriousness.
It's not uncommon for a new stock to be overvalued and drop considerably when the dust settles.

and Trump doesn't have any control over the value, all he did is partner with this company. But the OP thinks Trump ran off with all the profits from the stock opening high. LOL!

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It is not my responsibility to educate you. Unfortunately Ignorance may be baked into your genome lol.

The one thinking Trump somehow controls the price of a newly issued stock?

He can certainly pretend to be serious launching a viable social media platform, go public via a reverse merger with a SPAC, where he, his family and allies could own equity and then harnessing the frothing and blind fervor of MAGA nation, drive the value up, which we saw already, then cash out with 1000% gains....all on the backs of retail investors. Make sense chief?

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I don't think it's a grift at all, just a business prospect that doesn't seem to be doing well. To be honest, one of the things many people are completely sick of is social media. It's a plague upon mankind and seems to be a major cause for why so many mentally ill people keep getting worse. I give him kudos for trying to make his own social media platform, but who really wants another one??

I sure as hell don't, which is why I didn't sign up for it.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Typical leftist spouting bullsnip like they are an actual authority on the subject and then whining when they get caught clearly not knowing wtf they are talking about

I gotta give it to you , you guys are extremely confident in your ignorance

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

I don't think it's a grift at all, just a business prospect that doesn't seem to be doing well. To be honest, one of the things many people are completely sick of is social media. It's a plague upon mankind and seems to be a major cause for why so many mentally ill people keep getting worse. I give him kudos for trying to make his own social media platform, but who really wants another one??

I sure as hell don't, which is why I didn't sign up for it.

Thank you for one of the first clear counter comment to my OP. I appreciate you actually wanting to contribute.

Re: Your comments - That certainly could be the case, Trump has a long line of failed business in his past. Trump air anyone?

If this is a true attempt at business, all the power to him. I just hope that he is not doing this to rip of the average person. Unfortunately, his history would speak against that.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyWater
Typical leftist spouting bullsnip like they are an actual authority on the subject and then whining when they get caught clearly not knowing wtf they are talking about

I gotta give it to you , you guys are extremely confident in your ignorance

Who is the leftist?

I agree, Network Dude did get called out and started whining. He does have this false confidence issue and unfortunately he may be incapable of overcoming his ignorance. Bless

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

It is not my responsibility to educate you. Unfortunately Ignorance may be baked into your genome lol.

The one thinking Trump somehow controls the price of a newly issued stock?

He can certainly pretend to be serious launching a viable social media platform, go public via a reverse merger with a SPAC, where he, his family and allies could own equity and then harnessing the frothing and blind fervor of MAGA nation, drive the value up, which we saw already, then cash out with 1000% gains....all on the backs of retail investors. Make sense chief?

not really. you have no way of knowing the value of a stock, or the immediate rise and fall. I'm sure some people made money, and some lost money in just a few days. But to think that a billionaire was trying to scam investors over a 3 day period, using some mental telepathy (which would be needed to predict the stock pricing) is laughable. Look into how all this works before you look this foolish again. I'm embarrassed for you.

posted on Oct, 27 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

not really. you have no way of knowing the value of a stock, or the immediate rise and fall. I'm sure some people made money, and some lost money in just a few days. But to think that a billionaire was trying to scam investors over a 3 day period, using some mental telepathy (which would be needed to predict the stock pricing) is laughable. Look into how all this works before you look this foolish again. I'm embarrassed for you.

What in the life of sweet jesus are you talking about. You can feel embarrassed all you want, I presume it is a clinical symptom of your underlying physical/mental deficiencies.

It is called securities fraud, and it is common place in our current market. The trick is not getting caught. Where have you been, under rock? Your name "Network Dude" implies that you are somewhat involved with something we call the internet, Citadel, Hindenburg, AMC, GME, none of these memes resonate with you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join