It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Troll Training Programme.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Counter Intelligence, false intelligence, individuals trained to disperse it and to debunk conspiracy theory's that pose a threat while at the same time create new conspiracy theory's to muddy the waters.

All government's do it, all have done it ever since the idea of propaganda entered the human psyche.

Over two Millenia ago the conqueror of China rewrote it's history.

Long before him the Egyptian's were doing it whenever a pharaoh fell out of favour with the successive generations that followed him or her.

Are there counter intelligence, undoubtedly but they will not solely be from the US, for every US counter intelligence operative there will be other's that will want to stir up the hornets nest and cause dissention within the US and other nations that conspiracy sites have some influence over.

So not all may be as it seems but one thing is clear it is not cut and dried, there is no definite evidence of or for or against and that makes it a worthy subject, a conspiracy or conspiracy's.

As for trolling I believe you may be mixing it up a bit, a troll is usually someone that posts pure crap for the sake of posting, mock's or online bully's and to be fair ATS and some of it's less capable cousin's have always dealt with such once there nature became apparent.

counter intelligence operatives working the net seldom act as troll's rather they mix in with the conspiracy crowd, will seek to steer rather than dismiss conspiracy threads in order to aim them in the wrong direction if those threads are deemed dangerous, since we are simply conspiracy theorists however it is highly unlikely that the vast bulk of threads are every dangerous to those that like to keep secrets.

As an example, point people's attention at the ground, Dumbs etc in order to deflect from what is going on over there head's, mixing a grain or even a bucket full of truth does no harm so long as it is kept as a theory and fact's are deliberately avoided or pasted over and otherwise obfuscated.

No one believes Gary McKinnon over his non terrestrial officers even though he was real and those that would have done the digging were instead aimed at DUMBS while other operatives created other smoke screens such as aliens in them there hill's and down in them there tunnel's.

That is not to say they are wrong there may be truth to that as well but I smell smoke screen and watch this hand while my other does something else.

I have one name to mention, Jasper Maskelyne.
www.magictricks.com...

If counter intelligence personnel presumably trained in psychological manipulation have to result to trolling then they are not very well trained, there method's are far more subtle and they would only use trolling and baiting tactic's as part of a larger scheme and would of course base those off there analysis of the psychological profile of there main chosen target, thread author or group of believers.

Don't mistake them for genuine sceptic's or simple disagreement that can arise among a community however, we all are individuals and we all have our own belief's.

One other thought such counter intelligence agent's are not beyond being converted themselves when faced with uncomfortable truth's and dangerous facts, the exchange goes both way's.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
what is trolling?

🤣🤣🤣

Here's a link to some examples: Pro-trolling

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

"Conservatives", on the other hand, discuss the same ideas in the same words and make the same mistakes as each other because they are free thinkers.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes indeed mate - here's Norm discussing how Watergate was a smokescreen for CoIntelpro exposure back in the sixties (just like the Lewinski affair was for Chinagate).

Cheers.

I love the way people are turning to a far left anarchist like Chomsky, either directly or implicitly, at the moment.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

USA HAS FALLEN.

Find a safe space. We'll call you in four years.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I’m glad tax dollars are put to such great use.

Yes mate, most probably an extremely sizable budget with some extemely disturbing content in that training video - lots of speculation about the active agendas in play but suppose claims of 'cultural destablization' and 'precision propaganda' don't look as ridiculous now as they did 20 years ago.

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The government has been conditioning and programming their citizens from the very beginning.

Yes am sure there are plenty of examples throughout history but when it comes to the modern day fashioning of psychological tools used to 'manufacture consent' then a good place to start would be the (Rockefeller funded) Tavistock institute concerned the creation of 'permanent social turbulence' and 'Reducing society to a blank state' (tabula rasa).

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Thank you for a very informative thread.

Well thank you for the post mate - also looks like the Pentagon likes to engage in psychological mass manipulation of its taxpaying employers.

Pentagon used psychological operation on US public, documents show

..In a January 2005 memorandum to active members of both offices from then-Pentagon press office director, Navy Captain Roxie Merritt, who now leads the community relations office, emphasized the necessary “synergy of outreach shop and media ops working together” on the military analyst program.

Merritt recommended that both the press and community relations offices develop a “hot list” of analysts who could dependably “carry our water” and provide them with ultra-exclusive access that would compel the networks to “weed out the less reliably friendly analysts” on their own.

“Media ops and outreach can work on a plan to maximize use of the analysts and figure out a system by which we keep our most reliably friendly analysts plugged in on everything from crisis response to future plans,” Merritt remarked. “As evidenced by this analyst trip to Iraq, the synergy of outreach shop and media ops working together on these types of projects is enormous and effective. Will continue to examine ways to improve processes.”

link

And for what it's worth there are also excerpts below from a Slate article (published in September 2005) concerning 'Psy-ops Propaganda going mainstream' involving psychological warfare, public diplomacy, influence operations etc..

"You Can’t Handle the Truth"

Srategic Communication Laboratories, a small U.K. firm specializing in “influence operations” made a very public debut this week with a glitzy exhibit occupying prime real estate at Defense Systems & Equipment International, or DSEi, the United Kingdom’s largest showcase for military technology. The main attraction was a full-scale mock-up of its ops center, running simulations ranging from natural disasters to political coups..

Then again, it’s hard to know exactly what else to call it. (Company literature describes SCL’s niche specialties as “psychological warfare,” “public diplomacy,” and “influence operations.”) The smallpox scenario plays out in excruciating detail how reporters would be tapped to receive disinformation, with TV and radio stations dedicated to around-the-clock coverage. Even the eventual disclosure is carefully scripted..

The company, which describes itself as the first private-sector provider of psychological operations, has been around since 1993. But its previous work was limited to civil operations, and it now wants to expand to military customers..

Government deception may even be justified in some cases, according to Michael Schrage, a senior adviser to the security-studies program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. “If you tell the population that there’s been a bio-warfare attack, hospital emergency rooms will be overwhelmed with people who sincerely believe they have all the symptoms and require immediate attention,” Schrage says.

The problem, he adds, is that in a democracy, a large-scale ruse would work just once.

link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AspasiasTwin

That puts you on a watch list as a possible domestic terrorist, even if you are not

Does that include UK residents? Am I now considered a potential 'international terrorist'..? Do I have a 'special relationship' with MI5 as a result?

edit on JanuaryFriday2101CST05America/Chicago-060048 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Wouldn’t it be crazy if these same intelligence people created online conspiracy forums to be able to sway the conversations in the way they wanted.

It’s the logical next step.

You think that is not already in play?

I get it. Now I see what you did there.

I can be a little slow sometimes.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I already went through a troll training program. It was called "Usenet." I started out small with your basic "James Thomas Kirk" trolls, but eventually moved up to creating alternate realities that would make all kinds of geeks go completely nuts and illustrate how ridiculous they were. I guess that's why I always considered "trolling" something having to do with getting people who are completely wrong or over aggressive about nonsensical trivia to reveal how foolish they were.

After a while, though, trolling kind of evolved into a thing that was basically about provoking an emotional reaction from somebody. But to me that's too easy. Everybody likes something. Everybody is a fan of something. Everybody has a button. You figure out what that person's button is, and it becomes too easy to push it. Also, it doesn't illuminate another person's foolishness, it just makes them feel bad for no reason.

Back in the day, though...

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

As an example, point people's attention at the ground, Dumbs etc in order to deflect from what is going on over there head's, mixing a grain or even a bucket full of truth does no harm so long as it is kept as a theory and fact's are deliberately avoided or pasted over and otherwise obfuscated.

You mention China which was also regoverned by the Mongolian "Golden Horde" about 700 years ago.
Very successful operation that created a huge empire including Russia.
Loking for an MO in their symbolism(per Q suggestion) they had coinage with two dragons chasing each other around a flaming Pearl.
Butter?

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I already went through a troll training program. It was called "Usenet." I started out small with your basic "James Thomas Kirk" trolls, but eventually moved up to creating alternate realities that would make all kinds of geeks go completely nuts and illustrate how ridiculous they were. I guess that's why I always considered "trolling" something having to do with getting people who are completely wrong or over aggressive about nonsensical trivia to reveal how foolish they were.

After a while, though, trolling kind of evolved into a thing that was basically about provoking an emotional reaction from somebody. But to me that's too easy. Everybody likes something. Everybody is a fan of something. Everybody has a button. You figure out what that person's button is, and it becomes too easy to push it. Also, it doesn't illuminate another person's foolishness, it just makes them feel bad for no reason.

Back in the day, though...

Good old "Usenet".

Indeed, everyone has a trigger, everyone has a price, and everyone will have to make that choice. We know it is coming, we just have no clue what is going to look like.

I recommend the book "One Second After" by William Forstchen. It is not a primer, but it slow walks you through a scenario of what it is likely to look like, while keeping it credible, and making you realize why most people that think they can bug out and survive, just has not thought it all through.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Why would the government troll conspiracy theory forums when they can simply acquire them to see what people know. Just like the aliens running a psychiatric hospital for people who believe the we're abducted on the Outer Limits episode, Beyond the Veil.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

They have been in forums for years, already, you can find them here too, I just ignore them, they have a way to address topics, like following a script, never argue with a fool.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Biden DHS creates new board to police ‘disinformation’, biden is all over it, guys.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) under President Joe Biden is starting a new office it says will focus on countering “misinformation” and “disinformation.”

On Wednesday, Politico first reported the DHS was establishing an office, called the Disinformation Governance Board. Politico reported the new board will focus specifically on misinformation and disinformation about “irregular migration and Russia.”

americanmilitarynews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join