It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia high school banned “To Kill a Mockingbird” “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn”

page: 35
<< 32  33  34   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Please hare ebook links, I didn't read either

But Catcher in the Rye wasn't banned. Figures. CITR was sooo desensitizing to youth exploitation

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Abadon

It has been attempted on many, many occasions. The Good Earth by Pearl Buck, as well. I've read both, didn't like 'em, especially...but for odd reasons some people don't want others to read them in school.

As for To Kill a Mockingbird, I don't know any book store that doesn't have multiple copies of it. You'd be able to get it on Amazon or Ebay as well, I'm sure.

Huckleberry Finn, one of my favorite books as a kid--still is, actually--is easily found, as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Abadon

It has been attempted on many, many occasions. The Good Earth by Pearl Buck, as well. I've read both, didn't like 'em, especially...but for odd reasons some people don't want others to read them in school.

As for To Kill a Mockingbird, I don't know any book store that doesn't have multiple copies of it. You'd be able to get it on Amazon or Ebay as well, I'm sure.

Huckleberry Finn, one of my favorite books as a kid--still is, actually--is easily found, as well.

In today's world, who would read samuel clemons without being forced to? Whithout really know what they were reading?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I would love to see a bunch of people who think Huckleberry Finn and what not are horrible because they used racial slurs forced into watching Blazing Saddles....

Their heads would explode.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Just so I'm not misunderstanding you, could you explain that last sentence, please?

Not trying to pick a fight, it's late, and my brain doesn't want to function at the moment...moreso than is usual, I mean

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34   >>

join