It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Black Hole Visualization - Go Beyond the Brink

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Pretty cool simulation. Perhaps a little boring, but it's amazing the computing power needed to render it.

Ever wonder what happens when you fall into a black hole? Now, thanks to a new, immersive visualization produced on a NASA supercomputer, viewers can plunge into the event horizon, a black hole’s point of no return.

To create the visualizations, Schnittman teamed up with fellow Goddard scientist Brian Powell and used the Discover supercomputer at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation. The project generated about 10 terabytes of data — equivalent to roughly half of the estimated text content in the Library of Congress — and took about 5 days running on just 0.3% of Discover’s 129,000 processors. The same feat would take more than a decade on a typical laptop.

Source: NASA

There are two videos in the article.

1. Straight flight into the black hole and event horizon:

2. An interactive 360° Flyby:

Enjoy and cya on the other side, leaner and meaner.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   

edit on 7-5-2024 by Beesnestbomber because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Cool video , think I just got Spaghettified.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Cool video , think I just got Spaghettified.

Indeed. I'll take a can of Bolognese sauce with me on the next trip.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I just want to know what Earth looks like if you survive going through the black hole once you come back.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That's a good question, for which we can only speculate.

I guess a lot would depend on how long we were away. I've read that due to time dilation, near a black hole, 1 year there equates to about 80 years on Earth. Right at the Event Horizon it's even worse; 1 minute equals 700 years back home.

I think we would probably find a desolate planet, dried up and devoid of life, possibly frozen; or maybe a lush overgrown jungle environment akin to the age of the dinosaurs. In any event, I don't think mankind would be present, at least not as we are today.

Quite honestly, I'd rather stay away... and enjoy my Bolognese ragù.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Spectacular.

Great thread.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
Pretty cool simulation. Perhaps a little boring, but it's amazing the computing power needed to render it.

Ever wonder what happens when you fall into a black hole? Now, thanks to a new, immersive visualization produced on a NASA supercomputer, viewers can plunge into the event horizon, a black hole’s point of no return.

To create the visualizations, Schnittman teamed up with fellow Goddard scientist Brian Powell and used the Discover supercomputer at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation. The project generated about 10 terabytes of data — equivalent to roughly half of the estimated text content in the Library of Congress — and took about 5 days running on just 0.3% of Discover’s 129,000 processors. The same feat would take more than a decade on a typical laptop.

Source: NASA

There are two videos in the article.

1. Straight flight into the black hole and event horizon:

2. An interactive 360° Flyby:

Enjoy and cya on the other side, leaner and meaner.

Nice simulation!

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

It would not depend on how long we were away because Time-Dilation DOESN'T EXIST! Einstein is wrong! Any1 who believes in Time-Dilation doesn't logically understand time. Unfortunately, many physicists 2day lack rational reasoning skills n simply regurgitate what they r told to believe without seeing how consistent certain ideas are with the already established universal laws! Newtonian Classical Time is the correct version NOT Einstein's! If u want to more of why Time-Dilation A.K.A. Literal Time Travel doesn't exist, just ask me and explain why the actual experiments which the physics community actually thinks confirms time-dilation are instead ALL INACCURATE EXPERIMENTS!! But logically without me even explaining to u the flaws of the multiple experiments, people should realize Time couldn't move forward in the sequential, consecutive fashion it does if Time-Dilation (Time Travel) were actually real!!!!!

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DragonGod77

So what you're telling me is that if I'm inside a space craft moving at the speed of light for one full year, when I get back to Earth there's not going to be 365 years passed?

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The exact amount of time dilation depends on how close to the speed of light you're traveling.

But the principle remains the same because time is relative.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   

EXACTLY!!! Time is Universal! Einstein got it wrong, Newton got it right!! Only 1 single year would have passed, the exact time of ur full trip there n back! people on earth wont move into the future age while u stay in the past in comparison! Instead if 1 year passed for u, then 1 year passed for the people on earth too!
Einstein didnt get Time-Dilation correct cause it doesnt exist BUT he did figure out Gravitational Time-Dilation without realizing it! But Gravitational-Time-Dilation AND real time-dilation, a.k.a. Time Travel, are fundamentally different concepts!!!! Time-dilation is literal time travel while Gravitational-Time-Dilation is simply the affect that different strengths of gravity have on the ability of man-made clocks (analog, digital, or atomic) to read time accurately!!! In other words, the experiments that all physicists think confirm Einstein's Time-Dilation in fact ONLY Confirm Gravitational-Time-Dilation NOT real time travel!!!!
The only way to actually 100% prove Time-Dilation/Time Travel would be to invent a clock that CANT be affected by gravity and if the 2 atomic clocks in the experiment still somehow read a different times from each other, then that would conclusively prove Time-Dilatoin/Time Travel BUT WE HAVE NEVER invented a clock that can't be affected by gravity n i dont think its possible to!!!
Also its possible that Einstein may have figured out another aspect of the Aging Process, NOT TIME TRAVEL! In other words, it may possible that moving at the speed of light for certain matter in particular gravity may actually SLOW DOWN AGING (NOT Time) at the normal rate thus it may be possible for a human traveling on a space ship at light speed to come back to earth after 2 years of travel and every1 on earth will have also only aged 2 years BUT the human traveling at light speed may have only aged like a year or just a few months (still not time travel/time-dilation)!!!!

edit on 9-5-2024 by DragonGod77 because: fixed structure

edit on 9-5-2024 by DragonGod77 because: fixed again

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

NO WRONG! i just explained TIme is not relative, its Universal!! The Universal Present Moment is all that exists!!! read my comment above this 1 to understand why ur wrong but its not just u, all physicists that think Einstein is right instead of Newton!!!

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I'm apt to stick to actual physics as opposed to people screaming words in block capitals DragonGod77.

Einstein's theories have been extensively tested and confirmed through numerous experiments and observations.

The idea that time is relative rather than universal is supported by empirical evidence.

And forms the basis of our understanding of the universe at large.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

LMAO!! u shouldn't choose to listen to any1 nomatter who they r if their ideas dont make logical sense to ur own brain! Question all day, every day until u have absolute understanding!!!! ur clearly the people im talking when i say most people simply regurgitate what they hear even without intellectually understanding the concept themselves!!!!! i literally explained to u why logically the experiments r all flawed! but u dont wanna address the logic of the argument. i explain to u logically how Einstein is wrong! u dont wanna address the logic!! LMAO & ur rebuttel is "look i dont logically understand time at all but experiments show that Einstein is correct and every1 else is wrong LMAO!!! Have a great day HAHAHA!!! HAHAHAHAH!!! I guess listen to whoeva u want dogz, except ur own logic HAHAHAHA LMAO! U R literally using the Logical Fallacy of "Appeal to Authority" to try to argue with me HAHAHA LMAO! This Logical Fallacy, "Appeal to Authority" means ur arguing that im wrong soley because an Authority Figure (Einstein) says so & NOT based on ur own rational logical understanding of the subject matter!!!!! HAHAHAH LMAO!!! NEVER DO THIS! I will alwasy expose all logical fallicies that any1 tries to use! u either understand the logic of the subject or u should NEVER ARGUE, PERIOD! This is what Isaac Asimov (1 of the world's greatest astrophysicits) had to say about the Logical Fallacy of "Appeal to Authority": "they say I believe that Evolution is true and I want everyone to believe that evolution is true but I don’t want everyone to believe that evolution is true, I want them to STUDY what we say about evolution and decide for themselves”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Asimov NEVER wanted blind loyalty to science without question, study, and research!!! u clearly should never be a physicists LMAO! In other words, Asimov is highly against the logical fallacy of “Appeal to Authority.” Try aruging with me again in about 1 year or 2 when u actually have some understanding of Universal Time vs Relative Time, when u can explain the logical difference in Gravitational Time dilation vs regular time dilation, and when u can explain the main logical reason for why Einstein Disagreed with the Classical Newtonain Universal definition of time that every physicists for the next 2 centuries completey justified up until Einstein said no every1 is wrong!!!! u clearly have never researched the actual experiments used to try and prove Einstein's idea of time n thus u dont logically understand any flaws with any of the experiments as i already explained!!!! Both Einstein and Newton came up with their definitions of Time before any experiments could prove either of them correct! u clearly lack the basic understanding behind the logic of both their definitions!!! Until u can explain the logic behind Einstein's definition & the logic behind Newton's opposite definition, u dont understand anything!!! If ur best argument is some scientists r telling me to believe Einstein over Newton, then u dont have an argument LMAO HAHHAHAHAHAHAH NICE TRY THO HAHAH!!!!
edit on 13-5-2024 by DragonGod77 because: fixed structure

edit on 13-5-2024 by DragonGod77 because: fixed sentence

edit on 13-5-2024 by DragonGod77 because: fixed mistake

edit on 13-5-2024 by DragonGod77 because: fixed another sentence

edit on 13-5-2024 by DragonGod77 because: fixed a word

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Its not my logic thats in question.

And you have explained nothing.

I listened to my physics teachers and lecturers back in the day for the most part, so there is that.

I mean if you wish to have a go at changing my mind as to time being relative be my guest.

Present tangible information that supports your claim please?

You will however encounter problems when you come across the "Muon Decay Experiment" or "Hafele-Keating Experiment" or even gravitational redshift which is consistent with the predictions of general relativity.

Then there is the likes of GPS Satellites, (LIGO) Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Observatory, and particle accelerators which exist and contribute to the body of empirical evidence, supporting the notion, that time is not an absolute quantity, but rather a relative concept that depends on the relative motion and gravitational field experienced by observers.

Ile Harzard a guess and suggest it will be "Electric Universe" nonsense next?

As to the silly words in caps, good luck with those.

Edit: What a large body of text. Paragraphs seem to be a hurdle for you never mind logic and Einstein's theories of special and general relativity.

edit on 13-5-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You failed again to be able to incorporate paragraphs i see.

Or present any sort of actual evidence bar your own ramblings.

I do not need to prove anything because I'm not the one making outlandish claims.

You on the other hand continue to do so without providing a shed of actual evidence to substantiate your pseudoscientific mumbo-jumbo.

And still screaming words in block capitals i see.

Anyhoo if you can actually get around to showing your homework that might be nice.

Have a nice day.

(post by DragonGod77 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Im not you bro.

I dont even know your mother.

Or if i do, i dont seem to recall.

As to what i personally understand, well plain English for a start.

If Einstein is wrong about special or general relativity.

Then you should be able to prove it.

Rather than speculate about time being universal without one iota of proof to suggest that's the case.

I mean you have been presented with plenty of evidence, of the empirical sorts mind you, and technologies that we use in everyday in life that imply time is indeed relative by nature.

I have to conclude I'm communicating with a child to be honest with the tone you choose to harbor and silly use of block capital letters.

I suggest you simply crap or get off the pot.

If it's not actual evidence of the tangible scientific sorts you present next i will simply bid you good-day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join