It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine calling possible donation of ex RAAF f18 rubbish and junk.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Ffs beggars can’t be choosers, take it or leave it.

What the he’ll do they want our f35’s.

Chances are they want the better stuff to sell on the black market, to raise funds for their luxury shopping trips to Harrods of London and exclusive shops, buying up luxury properties around the globe.

www.afr.com...

www.bbc.com...

www.bbc.com...

edit on 1-2-2024 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2024 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Why, oh why, are we playing this idiots game. STOP sending aid to supporting Zelenskis military. Yes, send aid for the beleaguered population, not any form of weaponry. Ukraine is a done deal and it's only "jingoists" (do you like that word) and those who profit from arms that are spinning the tale that Zelenski can still beat Putin back.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Nope, we're in no position to be sending anyone anything.

We're racking up $3 trillion in debt per year, we're spending more on interest on the debt than our entire ridiculous military budget.

By the end of the year, the interest will even be more than all of the unfunded liabilities like Medicare and Medicaid.

We're broke broke.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
But that is the problem. there is absolutely no one willing to stand up and say "STOP, enough is enough".

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   
They should be grateful for every bullet we send them.

If Trump gets in I think the Ukraine aid will stop.

I don't think he'll get in, but if he does, I bet he'd stop it.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Why, oh why, are we playing this idiots game

Because we're idiots as well...

For a time it felt the majority of the country supported the Zelenskyy regime the left and the right. Sad we can only get along when we're sending 500k men and women into a meat grinder. Anyone who even supported this in passing has the blood of thousands on their hands.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

"Anyone who even supported this in passing has the blood of thousands on their hands."

That would be Putin.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   
have been in a unit that required borrowing a plane from another unit to meet mission requirements, let me give yall a hint.

The best equipment doesnt get sent, they will send them junk that requires a lot of work to get truly air worthy, should they be a bit more grateful, possibly but you should also wonder if some of those people being not so nice lost family or friends because the equipment, they were using failed because it couldnt get brought up to standard in the short time they have before it has to fight.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   

senior Ukraine Air Force official told two Australians in Kyiv he wasn’t interested in a donation of 41 retired F/A-18 Hornet fighters.

“We don’t want your flying trash,” he said, according to a person present.

One unnamed person said, according to another unnamed person.

Not exactly official position of Ukraine is it?

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: watchitburn
But that is the problem. there is absolutely no one willing to stand up and say "STOP, enough is enough".

People are saying stop, to Putins use of force against his neighbours.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'd have to agree in a sense with the headline of the thread because no matter the A/C type modern fighter aircraft are dependent on pilots trained in type for months followed years of practice to be proficient enough with the aircraft in combat.

Its a waste of good equipment and money to send that hardware to Ukraine and expect any significant results in time to make any difference in the outcome.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It was never called Keeeeve, it was always Kiev. Revisionisism happened in every facist state, parasites in Australia calling or nation "Stray-ya" while thinking they are bastions of patriotism. Goes for Israel too.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You as well. You old war pig you 😂

a reply to: Oldcarpy2

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

Well I know the US spends like 700 billion or more on defense. Maybe just for the next couple years we can give them like 300 billion per year so they can buy their own equipment. Hehehehe. Just kidding. Even that probably wouldn't make Zelensky happy.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

"Oink, oink".

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
They should be grateful for every bullet we send them.

If Trump gets in I think the Ukraine aid will stop.

I don't think he'll get in, but if he does, I bet he'd stop it.

He’s shown before he’s willing to change his platform based off of what his base is big on.

But I think it’s a coin flip.

He was after all the first admin to provide them with lethal aid.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   

edit on Thu Feb 1 2024 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

You're talking about F-18A/Bs. The only ones still flying A/Bs are Canada, and that's only because of the laughable games they played in the replacement program. They're at the end of their life, and if they're lucky, might fly two years without a major SLEP and upgrade. The first aircraft were delivered to Australia in 1984, with them entering service in 1985.

I agree with the premise of "they should be grateful for whatever we give them", but they need things that are useful. These are less than useful without major time down and upgrades.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It sure seems that the leaders of Ukraine want to deplete the Wests ability to fight Russia and China and those that side with them if a major war breaks out. We have to be cautious not to give them too much weapons so that are ability to defend our countries becomes Jeopardized. Russia is using all their old weapons and I am sure their best stuff is still in stock, enough to protect themselves against the west. Ukraine seems to be trying to bully us into giving them our best stuff and I think there could be a conspiracy associated with this.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   

edit on 2/2/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join