It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucker Carlson Visits Julian Assange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It's no secret that I'm not a fan of Tucker Carlson but I am happy to have him as an advocate for Julian Assange , I know he's spoken in favour of Assange in the past but this time he's put his money where his mouth is and made the trip across the pond to pay Assange a visit at Belmarsh high security prison , the meeting happened last month.

The video below features Tucker explaining the visit and his reasons for it , the full video is available at Carlson's website but it's only available for "team Tucker" members to view it ... which I feel is somewhat counter to him highlighting Assange's case but any publicity is good publicity.

It's beyond time this stain on our National dignity was removed and Julian is at least moved to a lower category prison or released on his own cognisance or more preferably the extradition is blocked due to concerns for his safety in the US prison system , although a change of government won't help him if Shady Starmer gets in.

During Starmer’s time in post, the CPS was marred by irregularities surrounding the case of the WikiLeaks founder.

The organisation has admitted to destroying key emails related to the Assange case, mostly covering the period when Starmer was in charge, while the CPS lawyer overseeing the case advised the Swedes in 2010 or 2011 not to visit London to interview Assange.

An interview at that time could have prevented the long-running embassy standoff.
www.declassifieduk.org...

tuckercarlson.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I wanna do a vote here.

Who thinks Assanage should be freed/pardoned?

I do!

I'm primarily curious what the ATS boot licking crowd thinks. The "see something say something" crowd that oddly resides at an anti establishment conspiracy website.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You and I have had our hay in the past but I am with you on this for both individuals. Quite scary stuff when they take out all the other types of journalists.

I always had wondered what it was like in Germany in the 1930's before WWII.

Living here in the USA is getting near that.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

All whistle blower assets should be protected by the Whistle blower protection act.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The war video was an issue, not enough to keep Julian Assange where he is. With what happened to Seth Rich and this:

Then what happened with frazzledrip on the Winner laptop:

9+ of 12 who saw Weiner's laptop now dead + 4th NYPD Suicide this Month!

If it was my call, I would sent Julian Assange to some remote place back here in Australia with some family and friend support. No one is the same after going through what he has went through.

Or do we just let this slide as the standard as the globalists' try to kill us off and make a profit at the same time?

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Lots of good information archived here about JA and Snowden. Not just the section I quoted, it's just most recent.

Again, I'm in favor of protecting and honoring all Whistle blowers who go through legit channels. IE apply for Whistle Blower Protection.

2023-045.pdf Court Rules in Favor of Assange in CIA/Pompeo Spying, December 19, 2023 2023-044.htm Assange Extradition Hearing Set, December 19, 2023

Cryptome

edit on 23-12-2023 by ADVISOR because: spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR

All whistle blower assets should be protected by the Whistle blower protection act.

I agree, but Julian is far from even the nuance of the whistleblower protection act which can be a little more murky.

He was a foreign journalist who to my knowledge didn’t even operate his job within the US being charged for US espionage.

The whole argument hinges on Julian assisting Manning in not getting caught. But this is far from the first time a reporter released classified information while protecting their source.

A fair analogy would be Tucker receiving an exclusive story on an ally like Australia or the UK, and them hitting him on Trumped up charges and snatching him abroad and extraditing him. So good on him for giving it exposure, it behooves him to try and keep press freedoms. Pundits are who they’d go after first should the lines blur any further.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

The war video was an issue, not enough to keep Julian Assange where he is. With what happened to Seth Rich and this:

Odd, because he started hiding out in 2012, well before your “real reasons”.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Isn't it just strange how all those pictures and references disappeared?
How comforting to know the American gov't is looking out for their people.
/s

Assange, like countless others, has the backbone that most Americans lack.
To see the COINTELPRO working in the media during this time is abhorrent.
Propaganda and brainwashing is still in effect, albeit well hidden.

I don't favor "proper" channels or legit ways to get information.
First of all, if it's being hidden behind "Classified" labels then it shouldn't exist.
People absolutely deserve transparency and if they can't handle that, too bad.

Then again, I am all for seeing actual change across the globe.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
I wanna do a vote here.

Who thinks Assanage should be freed/pardoned?

I do!

I'm primarily curious what the ATS boot licking crowd thinks. The "see something say something" crowd that oddly resides at an anti establishment conspiracy website.

WTH we doing with political prisoners here in the UK. Locked up for sharing the truth is good journalism. He should be given a medal and set free...

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Pizzagate man.. Somehow JA is part of a plan. Without him we would never of had q.. Pizzagate on steriods..

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I agree, but Julian is far from even the nuance of the whistleblower protection act which can be a little more murky.

He was a foreign journalist who to my knowledge didn’t even operate his job within the US being charged for US espionage.

The whole argument hinges on Julian assisting Manning in not getting caught. But this is far from the first time a reporter released classified information while protecting their source.

A fair analogy would be Tucker receiving an exclusive story on an ally like Australia or the UK, and them hitting him on Trumped up charges and snatching him abroad and extraditing him. So good on him for giving it exposure, it behooves him to try and keep press freedoms. Pundits are who they’d go after first should the lines blur any further.

That all sounds like the 'official' version of what happened, which of course is false and hiding the real truth.

All of the things Manning exposed/leaked and same with Assange, are things that were illegally classified. Since a long time, former presidents doing evil deeds against America used the classification system to HIDE illegal and criminal activities, which are Class C Felonies by themselves..

Obama and his attorney general did it with Operation Fast and Furious, which was a felony.

When you expose this level of human scum bag named Obama, GW Bush, and many others, what does it do? It REALLY pisses them off of course, so they fabricate an entire narrative of BS and crap it out all over on CNN,CBS, NBC, etc, etc to condemn these "traitors" and charge them with Espionage and everything they can think of. When you have the full support of the dregs of humanity within the NSA/CIA/FBI helping this out, people that leak government corruption are going to suffer, like Assange.

What is really sad is that people just don't care and want to belong to the "correct" crowd, so they jump on board the prosecute Assange/Manning team and feel so proud.

My parents were fooled by this, a large majority are as well.

So sad.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You may want to do a bit more research in regards to that avenue in relation to JA.
I'm not going to give my opinion but I will say look into time frames and accusations and potential charges.
His actions speak loudly to his loyalty.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

That’s basically what I said.

I said he shouldn’t even need whistle blower protection because he’s a journalist. He’s protected by freedom and press, isn’t even a citizen, and didn’t commit the crimes here.

This should be a none issue. The laws shouldn’t even apply to him and even if they did he’d have protections, or should.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

If he's not an American State National, or citizen, then those protections don't apply.

Simple as that, but most Whistle Blowers need to use proper channels for disclosure.

For protection and liberty to publish much needed to know often exculpatory evidence and intelligence.

Not always classified due to national security, but political or individual embarrassing information.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Legal rights extend to non citizens. They still get rights to a lawyer and due process.

And if the protections don’t apply the laws shouldn’t either. He didn’t even commit the offense on our territory. Hell, he didn’t even commit the actual crime, he just published it in the news.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   

edit on Sat Dec 23 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Say what you want about Tucker, but I can barely think of another reporter with the balls and skills to break down the tragic situation with Assange so eloquently. Maybe Ben Swann and a few other people could do it, but not many people. I certainly disagree with some things Tucker says since I'm more of a centrist but I will respect anyone who pushes against our authoritarian overlords. And I see a lot more people on the right willing to fight for freedom, most on the left seem to seek nanny state leaders. Despite being a very scientific person, it's clear to me which side I most lean towards when push comes to shove, I'd rather be friends with Tucker or Trump than AOC or Hillary any day of the week.
edit on 24/12/2023 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

It's a travesty how Assange has been treated.

In a way, I understand the hatred for America. But it's the American government that's the villain, Americans are complicit because of laziness, ignorance, and that still thriving materialistic need to "Keep up with the Jonses".

Beyond disgusting how Americans have become so ignorant in a little over a decade. And there's not one generation to blame, it's ANY American alive since 2001 that has allowed the slow erosion of the Constitution and Lady Liberty.

Twelve or so years ago we had so much information at our fingertips, and now that information has almost been wiped from the enterweb and replaced with the same propaganda the glowing screen in the living room spews.

Shame on us for giving away our Rights. We deserve the struggles we go through now. And it'll only get worse. Anyone who thinks Trump will be reelected is a FOOL. The current administration has the brass to assassinate all of us and let Trump live just so he loses in a landslide.

Say what you want, but our lives are in danger no matter what. All the Left needs to do is become lazy like the Right and allow AI to call the shots in DC. Then it's game over, man.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

It's a bit of a grey area - he certainly shouldn't have been held in inhumane conditions or have faced the multiple assasination attempts by the CIA but releasing the docs with unredacted names of civillians or intel assets is illegal and got a lot of people killed plus overstepped the journalism barrier when he gave tips on how to crack encryption and passwords to leak the info.

If the names had been redacted and Assange hadn't given advice to enable/encourage the hack it would have been protected journalism under public interest immunity/Reynold's defence.

The none 'insurance files' were redacted as carefully as possible and the war crimes unveiled would satisfy both criteria for Reynold's and could have formed a new legal precedent for electronic leaks in UK law but the release of unredacted insurance cables made it fail the ethical journalism test.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join