It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This has really put a crimp in by vacation plans.

I was going to swing by Albuquerque and shoot a few people before continuing on to San Fransisco. I'm going to have to push my trip back another month. I don't mind spending my life in prison for murder, but I'll be damned if I'm going to get caught violating a city ordinance.

The Albuquerque tourism board is going to get a strongly worded letter from me.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

She even states at the end of the vid that her oath and constitutional rights aren't absolute.

This is just wrong on so many levels.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Something I could see happening…

Some law abiding citizen says “nope, I have a constitutional right to bear arms” and goes about their business.

This person gets arrested or fined or whatever.

When this whole charade gets litigated and defeated, said fined/imprisoned individual can sue the ever loving F out of the city, state, governors office, etc.

Sue for many, many millions and make it a show trial.

Someone will get a big pay day in the end, albeit with a little discomfort in the process.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

She even states at the end of the vid that her oath and constitutional rights aren't absolute.

This is just wrong on so many levels.

Re: www.foxnews.com...

The right for her to remain New Mexico governor isn't absolute either. She can be ousted very quickly.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: VulcanWerks
Something I could see happening…

Some law abiding citizen says “nope, I have a constitutional right to bear arms” and goes about their business.

This person gets arrested or fined or whatever.

When this whole charade gets litigated and defeated, said fined/imprisoned individual can sue the ever loving F out of the city, state, governors office, etc.

Sue for many, many millions and make it a show trial.

Someone will get a big pay day in the end, albeit with a little discomfort in the process.

Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen said that he had concerns about the order but was prepared to cooperate to address gun violence.

"While I understand and appreciate the urgency, the temporary ban challenges the foundation of our Constitution, which I swore an oath to uphold," Allen said. "I am wary of placing my deputies in positions that could lead to civil liability conflicts, as well as the potential risks posed by prohibiting law-abiding citizens from their constitutional right to self-defense."

www.foxnews.com...

Sheriff Allen already understands that in the lawsuits I mentioned above, the arresting office, his superior, and ultimately the sheriff, along with any prosecutor or judge involved will all be sued - all of them.

And it will be a slam dunk.

Sheriff Allan is sharp.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Who cares who died or how old they are ? Our god damn constitutional rights were taken away again . The governor knows it’s illegal but he doesn’t care . The problem we’re all having is there is no penalty for violating our constitution. They’ll keep pecking away at it until it’s gone .
Might want to have a point , mine was that the constitution is was more important then the age of someone shot . The person who shot the kid broke the law . He didn’t follow any gun law. You can’t rip up our constitution because some situation you deem important enough happened . I’m sickened someone would piss our constitution away because their feelings got hurt basically

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's what makes me sick about these leftists.

They do anything they want until legally challenged, and then still continue to do it.
You mean like Nixon , Reagan & the Bush family have done .
Both Democrats & Republicans do as they want .
Look at how horrible Trump is at breaking laws

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: psychotrail

They do anything they want until legally challenged, and then still continue to do it.

If you’re point is this goes both ways, you’re right. I don’t think anyone will argue that.

However, the recent developments are definitely taking things a step further than we have seen in the past.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

What laws has Trump broken?

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

so who has authority to call in national guard to stop this order?

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Sorry, that's unconstitutional. And she should be arrested immediately.

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson

Matadoor2

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

The problem is the money comes from the people. They don't lose anything. You got to make it personal. Instead they need to serve a jail sentence. Intent to harm the citizens sounds like jail time to me. Then you will suddenly see things change and get done quickly. They will start to redact and publicly apologize when they know their own ass is on the line.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
She is pandering to the anti gun fools, she knows is no going anywhere because the laws were passed before her, she needs new legislation to pass new laws.

Is not going to happen, plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: VulcanWerks

If you’re point is this goes both ways, you’re right. I don’t think anyone will argue that.

However, the recent developments are definitely taking things a step further than we have seen in the past.
Reagan sold cheap coc aine ( crack ) all over our inner cities to fund an off the books war.
I would say that is the high water mark for deceit & horror unleashed upon our own citizens by a politician . Then came Biden’s crime bill that put countless blacks in prison for petty drug charges as the second worst thing politicians did to it’s people.
I get tired of people being myopic only to their current problems.
Trump & Biden are no good , but far far from the disgusting monster Reagan was .
What is going on in New Mexico is just political games. They know it will go no where, but they get to blame conservatives when it fails & the 2A people on the far right will become irrational proving the liberal point that gun owners are nuts .
Paying attention to political stunts like this is one of the reasons liberals do it .
Im a sensible gun owner & personally hate open cary , but everyone who is not a criminal/felon should be able to conceal cary .

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

What laws has Trump broken?
None I guess lol

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

She Undoubtedly Knows this Action is Entirely Unconstitutional but went forth with it Anyway without the Concerns of the People of New Mexico's ability to Self Protect themselves in Mind . This Woman Needs to Resign Now , or a Petition Filed by the Citizens of a Vote of No Confidence in her Future Ability to Govern the State .

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't understand why law enforcement is so against the citizen shooting a mugger full of holes. It's a good example preventing them ever doing it again.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Cowboy Movies! Always from places out West like New Mexico! Holy Crap! One day and..."NOPE. No guns carried. Period."

Hey Vic? Detroit now expect US legal carriers to lock em up downtown in our cars instead.

Metal detectors abound...and crooks are going thru tons of cars for...our guns we are supposed to be carrying.

We carry the damn things BECAUSE of walking to and from our cars....

So we carry concealed everywhere...but lock em up in the 'D"?

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
You know, all this example of gun grabbing by the New Mexico governor is actually hiding the real agenda of democrat politicians all over the nation, they are truly wanting to get away with the constitution any way they can.

This is going to be very interesting, actually she cannot take anybody constitutional right away, soo she is really overreaching in her decision and actions.

I cannot wait if is a liberal Soro pay by judge that will uphold her, because let face it, she has not powers over constitutional rights and she knows it.

Another show to see how far liberals can get away with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join