It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Taylor Swift? / Number I Country Song in the USA / Rich Men North of Richmond

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Country music, I wouldn't listen to it if you paid me.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

'It's aggravating seeing people on conservative news trying to identify with me like I'm one of them,' singer-songwriter says in new statement that addresses the politicization of his chart-topping viral country hit

themessenger.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: FormerlyChucks
I dont get it. The push for this song can not be organic. There is nothing original about it. It's a story that's been told probably thousands of times and this version is extremely bland.

It is the same reason liberals and Democrats didn't get the organic Bud Light fiasco. The same reason liberals don't get "go woke, go broke".

Liberals don't get the pain, angst, and fear their policies have caused the average, everyday person on the street or on the farm.

They have enacted policies that caused massive inflation
(slowing US energy production to the point where OPEC took back control of prices)
(putting regulations on trucks and trucking that along with higher fuel prices increased prices)
(demanding the end of gas powered cars for hyper expensive EV's that the average citizen can't afford)

Biden demanding that the US END PRODUCTION of gas powered vehicles, when EV's can barely travel a few hours without needed a 45 minute-1 hour recharge (making Trucking slow, increasing shortages due to supply chain issues, and more expensive). Biden wants and is trying to make it ILLEGAL for anyone to make or produce gas stoves, gas furnaces, gas powered lawn tools, gas water heaters, under penalty of law. Removing freedom and choice.

The newest song bemoans the immorality being forced on average everyday people by Democratic Party policies.
(in CA where first graders are taught masturbation)
(in Dem run school districts where children are taught to question their gender)
(in Dem run school districts where school district policies demand teachers lie to and deceive parents or be fired if the parents ask questions)
(Democratic Party states that allow a healthy uterus owner with a healthy fetus to abort at full term no questions asked)
(Democratic Governor who said that post-birth abortion should be an option)
(DA's in Dem run cities refusing to prosecute crimes, prioritizing criminals over victims, allowing crime to run amok)
(punishing vulva's for complaining about being locked in a cell with a penis; punishing young vulva's for complaining about a naked penis in their locker rooms; considering 80% of vulva's in prison and 40% of vuvlas in locker rooms have been assaulted by a penis at some point in their lives)

Worst of all the encouraging of open borders resulting in drug cartels flooding our nation with drugs that kill 300 people a day.
Why the huge rise in the US of homelessness? Allow millions of illegal immigrants to enter the US everyday with no jobs, no homes = massive increase in homeless camps, duh.
Resulting in massive human trafficking of children and women, making the US an every increasing supplier of slaves
(seller of slaves, the REAL word for human trafficking, with no liberal outcry because they are not black but Hispanic).
The enslaved woman and children in the US are told they are going to a better life when they put their lives in the hands of cartels who trick them into slavery, as Democrats allow them to pass freely into slavery.

When this singer cries about the state of affairs the everyday average US citizen is facing,
the elite liberal class just can't understand
because they are insulated in their conclaves of academia
and behind gates on in their suburbs,
protected by private security in apartments.
While they applaud the rampant crime as necessary to end racism,
tell vulva's to get over having been assaulted by a penis and to get used to it,
say rampant uncontrolled inflation is no big deal,
and looks the other way as the US sells Hispanic women and children into slavery, or relegates them to homeless encampments.

Now do you get it?

Your comment spoiled in one day.
listen to the singer himself in the post above this one.
KEK

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

A ha ha ha ha ha.... the Republican party has a new owner! Their newest battle cry was written about them. The schadenfreude is unbelievably delicious.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Help me out here Comrade, I thought the left stated that his song was a dog whistle for the evil racist white people.

Now he's crapping on Republicans, and you cheer?

I still like his song because I actually am a free-thinking person and don't go on-line to see how I'm supposed to post.

So I'll wait while you Google a reply appropriate.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

A ha ha ha ha ha.... the Republican party has a new owner! Their newest battle cry was written about them. The schadenfreude is unbelievably delicious.

Keep talking while his views are going up. Currently at 41,000,000. There are so many reaction video's out there that show the song has a wide diverse following of people who like it. But you won't watch them because it doesn't fit your narrative.
edit on 25-8-2023 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Goddamn right I am. Until this I hadn't commented on the song because I'm indifferent to it. Keep trying to paint me as a leftist, I'm not; rather I loath Republicans because they are by and large fascist loving assholes.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Goddamn right I am. Until this I hadn't commented on the song because I'm indifferent to it. Keep trying to paint me as a leftist, I'm not; rather I loath Republicans because they are by and large fascist loving assholes.

Ahhh, I see that you Googled an appropriate response told to you by your betters.

Well done!

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

I'm not; rather I loath Republicans because they are by and large fascist loving assholes.

The self awareness on display is absolutely stunning.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FormerlyChucks

How has the song writer contradicted what The2Billies has written?

Sounds like the song writer would fully endorse what The2Billies has written... he would also be quick to point out that what The2Billies wrote is only half the story.

Yes the American people are fed up with the out of tuch polices of liberal politicians... they are fed up with the out of tuch police of conservative politicians as well.

Oliver Anthony is correct; the rich men noth of richmond (all of them) are ruining the country. Thats why his song has resonated with so many people and made him a YouTube sensation over night.
edit on 25-8-2023 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2
Because billies decided in his head that the song was a shot at Democrats or leftist or liberals or whatever you wanna call them. Clearly he misread the singer's intentions. It wasnt a shot at a certain party.

Look, heres my problem with this song. Maybe I'm slightly autistic but it just annoys the crap out of me that this song is being shilled as some kind of conservative working man anthem and millions of people are falling for it. Maybe it's just an accumulation of the downfall of music quality all together.. but why this song!?
•its not original. Overworked and underpaid stories are as old as music itself.
•the lyrics are extremely bland. There is no creativity at all.
•not only is there no creativity in the lyrics, he contradicts himself atleast twice in the few lines he has. You cant complain that 'the man' wants to know what you think and do when you are telling 'the man' what you think and do. You cant complain about 'the man' wanting total control and then turn around and ask 'the man' to regulate what people buy for dessert. He offers no solution. A real battle cry, a real working man getting screwed over should have some fire to it. Some fight. "If the left one dont get ya then the right one will" type stuff. Give me some "we're not gonna take it anymore" vibes.

This song is just a barely rewrote version of Merle Haggard's 'working man blues', and he ain't no Merle Haggard.

But like I said before, atleast it has a catchy tune...and that's like 96% of what a hit song needs nowadays.

Edit: WAP was also a youtube sensation overnight. My Ding-a-Ling hit #1 on the charts. Being popular has absolutely nothing to do with being good.

edit on 25-8-2023 by FormerlyChucks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueBaby

That is, of course, your prerogative.

Most "country" music isn't anymore, it's a bastard child of pop, and something else...not sure what.

So I can't really blame you.

Bluegrass, and old jazz are my choices.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Never heard of him before, nice asong full of truth!

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I don't tolerant anything Democrat but look what we have here:

Whoever runs the RNC is a nut job. A super Karen on steroids. To push the abortion issue. Come on separation between Church and State. Then you have a former president who must be so stupid that he cant get out of his way. I voted for him once but when Rex Tillerson say he's _ _ _ _ _ _ I take notice. One and done.

Nikki Haley and her push to retire after 65 as its too young according to her. God she's stupid or so privileged she doesn't really know what work really is. Once your old your old. Life doesn't get better as your younger days were already lost working 60+ hour weeks, travel and stress.

That guy from Florida? I don't know what to make of him or are all those stories fake news.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

“It’s aggravating seeing people on conservative news try to identify with me, like I’m one of them,” Anthony said in a video published on YouTube on Friday, speaking from what looked like the cab of a rain-spattered pickup truck. “It was funny seeing my song … at the presidential debate because it’s like I wrote that song about those people, you know, so for them to have to sit there and have to listen to that, that cracks me up,” he said.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Love bluegrass!

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Liberals scream racism on anything that challenge their agendas.

They are like buggers that stick to the wall to fall off when they get hard or when the agenda is no longer to be protected, this how they try to cover up that their democratic party was the party of racism and the KKK in their humble beginnings.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Supporting LGBTQ, being against the overturn of Roe V Wade, speaking out against the school shooting in texas, and praising a couple democrat candidates from Tenesse are hardly the "poster child of the DNC". Furthermore, you can be pro LGBTQ and wanting something to be done about guns without being a democrat shill.

I don't think its healthy to just label everyone as republican or democrat propagandist just because they lean left or right on issues.

I think this mentality just encourages division. That we can't accept anyone who we disagree with on some political issues.

The artist of RichMen North of Richmond even said he was tired of republicans using his song for political points and agendas.

People are so desperate to throw people into their political camps.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

That's how it is today. People are really keen on labeling you democrat or republican. When the truth is that a lot of people lean left and right of issues without feeling the need to commit themselves to a party.

If anything, I think the party loyalists create the most problems. There's plenty of bad democrats and republilcans that we should be voting out of office but they stay in due to people just blindly voting based on parties.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You know...I'm just gonna' say this...I just don't "get" the whole Taylor Swift thing, I really don't.

I mean, how can anyone look at this girl and not see her for exactly what she is? I've been able to see this ever since I very first heard of her over a decade ago. She telegraphs it like a really bad boxer telegraphs a punch...I am here for one reason and one reason only...to TAKE YOUR MONEY!

She doesn't write anything great, or deep, or even complex...she just knows exactly the sound, the look, and the beats per minute which will sell songs this month, and next month, and next year. That's all she does. She's a blonde haired grifter who is just a really good chameleon and knows how to lighten people's wallet better than about anyone in history. She's not great at anything...well, except making money.

The whole Taylor Swift thing just really makes me wonder about society. How anyone could idolize this person for being perfectly mediocre is beyond me.

I'll give her credit for one thing though...she's sure smart and has millions of people completely buffaloed! So, yay for her in that regard I guess.

edit on 8/27/2023 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

Sure about what you wrote? Just go a little deeper

Regardless of the criticism she faced, it seemed clear to all that Swift was no longer afraid to contribute to political discourse and that her contributions could be a strong form of allyship.

Her activism did largely fade out after the end of the Lover era, at least in regard to combating issues that do not directly affect her. She still speaks out when she, herself, feels targeted, such as when the Netflix show Ginny & Georgia slut-shamed her, as well as, more broadly, when women’s rights are challenged — she (belatedly) responded on Twitter to the Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade. This is an example of her using politics at her convenience, rather than to do good in the world in a way that aids people other than herself.

This isn’t to say she never responds to issues that do not affect her — she does do so, such as when she spoke on the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas — but not at the volume that one would expect from a celebrity-turned-activist. Moreover no matter what opinions she voices, her actions this year are working against the people and politics she claims to support.

I believe that Swift is failing her fans by demonstrating political activism as part of her journey of personal growth, only to abandon it when it is inconvenient for her. This point has really been driven home throughout 2022.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join