It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for the proper term

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Perhaps someone in these forums can help me.

I am looking for the proper description of a form of advertisement for television programming.

The form I mention is the sort when short clips of TV shows or films are stitched together in such a way as to (momentarily) appear as if they were part of the same film. The object of the form is to advertise which and what kinds of films will be displayed on a given channel in the upcoming season.

What is the industry term for these shorts that are stitched together ?

Thanks and Cheers

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I believe there is no specific term.

HBO calls it "Lineup trailer"...

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Like a collage ….Video collage or video montage ? …. Kind of reminds me of the old Flip books we had as kids . … I’m probably not helping you any , but good luck and let us know if you find it.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
It's called Subliminal advertising. It's supposed to be banned but it's crept back out.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Looking for the proper term

Mash-Ups - Remixes

edit on 23-7-2023 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadowChatter

Loved the Star Trek meets Mayberry! Two favorite shows!

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowChatter

Thanks. What I read about mash-ups is pretty close although the advertising angle wasn't mentioned.

I would be kind of surprised if the advertising business didn't have an advertising-specific "industry term" for it.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
It's called Subliminal advertising. It's supposed to be banned but it's crept back out.

But this isn't subliminal. An example of what I mean would be a short clip of Clint Eastwood saying something snarky, followed by a clip of Bruce Willis angrily reacting ... when in fact the clips were from different films. All to suggest that great films will be shown on that channel during upcoming season.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
I believe there is no specific term.

HBO calls it "Lineup trailer"...

Yeah, I think that and "mash-up" describe the concept. The "lineup" part fits right in, wonder if other networks use the same verbiage.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 05:51 AM
link   

A mashup tells a story that often resonates with different prior art expressions.
An advertisement is designed to sell a product, understanding, or even just political flag to be saluted or not.

The archeological history of Troy has been studied as an interesting mashup of the local populous period political understandings.

Probably because the ancient poet Homer wrote about the siege of Troy by Spartan and Achaean warriors from Greece in the 13th or 12th century B.C., which was immortalized by Homer in the Iliad. Before the advent of the printing press, oral history carried the priori of the day.

Artists would pick and choose what was important to them from earlier well known sources such as Homer and those works would usually resonate with the earlier but highlight the artists subjective expressive needs not unlike a song redux.

Although designed to be self evident some early monument expressions like the importance of the star Sirius are more difficult to read and there is little standard interpretation. Sirius stood out in the night sky as different because it tracks differently from the other stars when observed from Earth.

The understanding it could be a future pole star would be a different priori indicating a knowledge of Earth's precession.

But its like trying to read an old sign or billboard that proves just too esoteric because you aren't consciously in the same paradigm as the original artist, you have no idea what the advertiser felt was important. Good example of this is the old CIA Kryptos puzzle installed in the CIA courtyard. Should be self evident and will be when it is disclosed but K4 has still never publicly been solved.

CIA had different specialties and a HUMINT asset would not be compartmentalized with the same SIGINT understanding.

As I speculated in another thread the accounts of the flight 103 disaster over Lockerbie that took the life of HUMINT CIA operative Mathew Kevin Gannon appear to resonate with the official story of the WTC twin tower demolition disclosed V years later. Both official stories Villify middle eastern terrorist operatives.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I believe the word you're looking for is...
Conglomeration.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

I'll bite, Moon68.

Why 'conglomeration' ? I'm not seeing any links to that term with video clips.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Conglomeration: a number of different things, parts or item grouped together.

Just seemed to me to be the proper term fitting your descriptors.

new topics

top topics

join