It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOUSE VOTES 320-91 TO BAN CHRISTIAN BELIEFS IN AMERICA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I wonder if they are going to make anti Christian hate laws and ban speech from the Jewish book.

After all the Jews see Christians as idol worshippers and the Jewish book says Jews must kill idol worshipers.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123
This is what the poster is refering to. I'm not sure how this bans Christians from doing anything unless they want to ferment hate.

The House passed legislation Wednesday that would establish a broader definition of antisemitism for the Department of Education to enforce anti-discrimination laws, the latest response from lawmakers to a nationwide student protest movement over the Israel-Hamas war.

The proposal, which passed 320-91 with some bipartisan support, would codify the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance’s definition of antisemitism in Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, a federal anti-discrimination law that bars discrimination based on shared ancestry, ethnic characteristics or national origin. It now goes to the Senate where its fate is uncertain.

a reply to: JadedGhost

Thank you very much. I had no clue what the OP was on about. I figured the OP was just being sensationalist. I dont see how any of this applies to Christian belief, unless your Christian belief is antisemetism. Which is very likely, since alot of Christians are also pretty antisemetic, especially historically. So maybe they do have a point. Banning antisemetism would probably interfere with alot of Christian and Muslim beliefs. Its why I always felt religion shouldnt be covered by the same protections as race, sex, ethnic group, because religion is a choice. And often a very poor choice.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: burritocat

The main text doesn't seem harmful, it's the examples incorporated by reference that are the problem.

One example is talking about the killing of Jesus, that's not allowed.

The killing and resurrection of Jesus is central to Christianity.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yeah,,,, that’s not what the bill says. At all..no

www.congress.gov...

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They wrote the bill in a very deceiving way. The main text doesn't say those things but they incorporate a third-party's definition which does restrict freedom of speech and religion:

For purposes of this Act, the term “definition of antisemitism”—

(1) means the definition of antisemitism adopted on May 26, 2016, by the IHRA, of which the United States is a member, which definition has been adopted by the Department of State; and

(2) includes the “[c]ontemporary examples of antisemitism” identified in the IHRA definition.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2v2

How is defining antisemitism a ban on Christianity especially in a country where scientology is somehow a religion?

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have said this before and will say it again.
They are trying to get the people to Riot.
Revolution what ever you call it.

They what to destroy america.
why? so they can use troops?
mostly privet army, black rock?
then we will have a dictatorship.

or so russia and china can take over.
with help from Bidens muslims and immigrants.

So Dont riot, its what THEY want.
find another way! no idea!

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Because it in all practical purposes defines Christianity as antisemitism.

The whole being killed and then resurrected part is central.

But I suppose they can keep the part of the Virgin Mary and Jesus being Jewish, they will just have to leave the last part out.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

I've said it from the beginning when I first saw the current pope , that he's evil , and part of the NWO/globalist agenda.
When will people start to wake up to the fact that they are basically satanists.

Not that I believe in Satan, nor am I religious, but I do believe I recognize evil when I see it and these people are all evil.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Be very scared of any bill that gives a third party non-elected "world" organization power.

That includes the World Health Organization and organizations like this.

You can disagree that the initial intent was harmful but there's no doubt it opens up the possibility of severe abuse and restriction of freedoms.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Scratchpost

Not that I disagree with your theory, it makes some very good points, but it kinda feels like playing with fire.
Revolutions with tar and feathers start with riots.

There are a lot of veterans with weapons and the experience to use them that could put an end to a lot of politicians. People that have lost everything are dangerous and honestly I’m surprised there haven’t been a bunch of family court judges ended after taking away the kids.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The White House is setting up a permanent task force. All forms of speech will be meticulously scrutinized through the lens of a very general definition of antisemitism. I'm sure AI will be implemented to make sure no stone goes unturned. This is the 4th Industrial Revolution. anti-Semitic hate speech is only the beginning.

www.axios.com...

The task force will work with community leaders, government officials, lawmakers and activists to develop a "whole-of-society" strategy focused on antisemitism, including the ways it takes shape on and offline, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said in a statement.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Almost all religions (at least the main three) are "insulting" to other religions.

You can't outlaw that.

I'm sure gays would love to outlaw teachings of some fundamental Jews, Muslims and Christians.

And I'm sure the reverse is true too.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Any portions of the New Testament that gives the known history of how Jesus was tried and crucified at the hands of the Jewish Sanhedrin would be made illegal.

This evening, I will vote AGAINST the ridiculous hate speech bill called the “Antisemitism Awareness Act.”

Antisemitism is wrong, but this legislation is written without regard for the Constitution, common sense, or even the common understanding of the meaning of words.

biblescienceforum.com... ess-house-passes-bill-to-outlaw-new-testament/

That's half the problem, people do not understand...

"Father, forgive them; for they know not, what they do."

edit on 5-5-2024 by ADVISOR because: url

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Even the ACLU has spoken out against the bill:

“Unfortunately, the proposed bill risks chilling constitutionally protected speech by incorrectly equating criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism. And there is no need for a new bill to protect students from anti-Semitic harassment, because that is already prohibited under Title VI. We worry that the law will lead colleges to suppress speech, especially if the Department of Education launches investigations simply because students have engaged in speech critical of Israel. College campuses should be havens for free expression, and students must be free to express their opinions and viewpoints, so long as they avoid harassment. We urge Congress to reject this dangerous and unnecessary bill.”

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The first time this bill prohibits free expression, it will be challenged by the courts.

But free expression does not grant license to anyone supporting, encouraging the death to all Jews.

It is not free expression to bar Jewish students from going to class.

It is not free expression to destroy property owned by Jews.

It is not free expression to block traffic, or infringe upon the rights of anyone!

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Where the # was the ACLU when Jews were barred from going to class?

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The Jews play an integral part in Christianity but on the point “the Jews killed Christ”, this is my take.

Technically the Romans killed Him.

The original disciples were Jewish, who contributed to Christianity hugely by being the first evangelicals.

Ultimately He came as man to redeem us all because we were all blind and sinful.

If we weren’t he wouldn’t have had to die.

We all killed him. If the Jews of the time, due to Him being born into their culture, hadn’t demanded it I guarantee any other culture would have.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, it's also not free expression to encourage the death to all Palestinians either......

It's not free expression to bomb homes because someone's ethnic group supporting an illegal/wrong act

It's not free expression to dox people who are anti-war and interfere with their employment

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join