It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are No Adult Leftists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The standard left/right differences are changing and blurring.

Anti-war used to be left. Now you can be against the war in Ukraine and be left or right.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

edit on 1-5-2024 by Myhandle because: Both parties really are awful, though.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think 30min ahead and am a "leftist" does that mean the rightists suck Don's tiny little member whenever he asks?

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: ADVISOR

Instant gratification.
It's all they want, consequences be damned.

I'm quoting one of our members here (and I wish I could remember which one):

"If a leftist could think more than 10 minutes into the future, they wouldn't be leftists."

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mechtech87

It means your thinking got us here. If you really can think ahead then this is all on you. If you like not being able to afford to live keep doing what you do. And the penis thing is not something an adult would say. So I guess there are no adult leftists.
edit on 1-5-2024 by Myhandle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mechtech87
I think 30min ahead and am a "leftist" does that mean the rightists suck Don's tiny little member whenever he asks?

Instant gratification.

"If a leftist could think more than 10 minutes into the future, they wouldn't be leftists."

Quoting for the sheer irony of a leftist responding to a thread titled "There are no adult Leftists" with the most childish comment possible.

Spectacular

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

sheisters as patriots and patriots

Patriotism is dead. It's a feel good moniker that's lost all meaning.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy

Thanks to the US Department of Education/Indoctrination and the teachers unions.

Every government employee union needs to be banned and outlawed.
edit on 1-5-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There is a quote that is attributed to, I think, Winston Churchill (not sure if that's accurate) that goes:

If you are not a liberal when you are young, you have no heart. And if you are not a conservative when you are older, you have no brain.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You see, a reply like that, about third-grade level intelligence, just underscores what the OP says. You reply like an ignorant, exasperated child.

Derrr.. you suck Don's tiny little member ... Derrr ...

SMH...

Seriously, do you not understand that when you say something like that you are just reinforcing exactly what the OP said? You obviously have nothing of substance to add the the discussion. You have no capacity to think critically or rebut the statement with anything of substance.

It'd be funny if it were not so very, very sad.

Man, you lefties are just clueless and completely devoid of any sense of self-awareness! This is exactly what you look like with that kind of response...

(Though I really shouldn't say anything so that you'll just continue to make a damned fool of yourself, though I doubt you'll even pay heed.)

:
edit on 2024 5 1 by AwakeNotWoke because: typos.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Instant gratification.

Quoting for the sheer irony of a leftist responding to a thread titled "There are no adult Leftists" with the most childish comment possible.

Spectacular

The lefty progressives are literally memes of their own selves. They are their own satire, aren't they?

:
edit on 2024 5 1 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I don't think that patriotism ever was a good moniker. At least not in the flag-waiving, USA IS NUMBER ONE! way that is usually what it's taken to mean.

I like Thomas Jefferson's thought on patriotism:

A true patriot will defend his country from its government.

:
edit on 2024 5 1 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Why do the people who set up that website think that US citizens are currently not free?

And also that they are not living in a system where the US Constitution pre-empts all other legislation?

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Why do the people who set up that website think that US citizens are currently not free?

And also that they are not living in a system where the US Constitution pre-empts all other legislation?

Because they are correct.

You need a permit to do just about everything except fart in the US. And with the politization of the "climate crisis", I expect we'll be permitted or taxed for that before long.

In many states, you can't even collect rainwater from your roof without a massive environmental impact study and permission from the gov't.

Likely, nearly half of your labor is extorted by the gov't under the guise of "taxes."

As to the Constitution... Seriously? It's trampled on daily by the executive, legislative and judicial branches. I won't even try to give examples. They are so blatant that if you can't see them, you just don't want to.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

I don't think that patriotism ever was a good moniker. At least not in the flag-waiving, USA IS NUMBER ONE! way that is usually what it's taken to mean.

I like Thomas Jefferson's thought on patriotism:

A true patriot will defend his country from its government.

:

The same could be said for a 'true 5th columnist'; or a 'true terrorist'.

The American government is supposed to be "of the people, by the people, and for the people". If you oppose the majority of citizens, you aren't a patriot. That simple.

edit on 2024-05-01T14:11:31-05:0002Wed, 01 May 2024 14:11:31 -050005pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The same could be said for a 'true 5th columnist'; or a 'true terrorist'.

The American government is supposed to be "of the people, by the people, and for the people". If you oppose the majority of citizens, you aren't a patriot. That simple.

Yeah, that's what the Third Reich told all of the good Germans patriots. There were lots of Third Reich patriots, weren't there?

The majority of people in Zimbabwe and South Africa are all in for slaughtering white farmers. I guess a person opposed to that would be "fifth columnist" or a "true terrorist."

It's attitudes like that that make atrocities possible.

A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority. ~ Booker T. Washington

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You see, a reply like that, about third-grade level intelligence, just underscores what the OP says. You reply like an ignorant, exasperated child.

SMH...

Seriously, do you not understand that when you say something like that you are just reinforcing exactly what the OP said? You obviously have nothing of substance to add the the discussion. You have no capacity to think critically or rebut the statement with anything of substance.

Man, you lefties are just clueless and completely devoid of any sense of self-awareness! This is exactly what you look like with that kind of response...

(Though I really shouldn't say anything so that you'll just continue to make a damned fool of yourself, though I doubt you'll even pay heed.)

:

this is ats. many comments (in other threads) are much more low-level. i personally find propaganda and disinfomation worse than bad jokes. trump himself is one of the initiators of this destructive type of discussion: attack, deflect and make fun of your opponents. that's not exactly substantive and constructive either.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: malte86

SMH...

:

trump himself is one of the initiators of this destructive type of discussion: attack, deflect and make fun of your opponents. that's not exactly substantive and constructive either.

"But Trump"
LOL you guys are so predictable

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: malte86

SMH...

:

trump himself is one of the initiators of this destructive type of discussion: attack, deflect and make fun of your opponents. that's not exactly substantive and constructive either.

"But Trump"
LOL you guys are so predictable

"The search results mention that the protests are supported by a coalition of over 60 faith, civil rights, and progressive organizations in the US, including the Working Families Party, IfNotNow Movement, Sunrise Movement, Movement for Black Lives, Gen-Z for Change, Arab American Institute, MPower Change Action Fund, Greenpeace USA, and Justice Democrats. This suggests the protesters have strong ties to left-wing and progressive activist movements."

This seems accurate. Its a more leftwing movement. No surprise. Antisemitism has always taken root on the fringes, on the left and the right. But for me this has more to do with ignorance and selfishness. Zeitgeist. Most of those kids are just there for the clicks and to be part of something. But for sure there are some upcoming radicals. I would say that most of the so called lefties (all people who are against facism for example) are pro Israel.

Enough substance?
edit on 1-5-2024 by malte86 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: malte86

No one is pro fascism. That means everyone is left?
Just because your name says one thing…if your actions are the opposite….and your not smart enough to discern truth from lies….and you think antifa really is antifascist….you just might be a koala bear.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Because they are correct.

You need a permit to do just about everything except fart in the US. And with the politization of the "climate crisis", I expect we'll be permitted or taxed for that before long.

In many states, you can't even collect rainwater from your roof without a massive environmental impact study and permission from the gov't.

Likely, nearly half of your labor is extorted by the gov't under the guise of "taxes."

As to the Constitution... Seriously? It's trampled on daily by the executive, legislative and judicial branches. I won't even try to give examples. They are so blatant that if you can't see them, you just don't want to.

I am not an American.

But I can see what is happening there. It's all over the media.

The government that you have there is a consequence of a poorly written and dated Constitution.

Interestingly, I wonder who proposed, and was in government, each time counter-Constitutional acts (such as the Patriot Act, Freedom Act, and Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act), were implemented? These are ALL the result of right-leaning government.

Hmmm?

edit on 2024-05-01T16:58:07-05:0004Wed, 01 May 2024 16:58:07 -050005pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join